This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of Training

Is it scary? I work in rides and I'm really nervous cause how could they train you for that if your right there on the ride?!
    You Contradict the fact that you still want me around,
    and it's all downhill from here.

Re: First day of Training

Lesson number 1. You do not work in "rides", you work in Attractions. Knotts has "rides". Six Flags has "rides". Disneyland has "attractions".
    sigpic

Comment

hehehe....I was just going to say that too. They'll learn the terminology in time.

Anyway....just do your training, you'll be alright.

Bye.

Comment

Hey, just remember this. You can only be nervous if you really care. Anybody who really cares will do fantastic during training.
        Besides, I could be wrong (I don't work attractions) but the 1st day of on the job training is mostly going over the OG, basically lots of readings more so than operating the attraction, and you will be with a small group which makes things considerably less awkward. Good luck and have fun, your working at Disneyland.
        The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Don't know if I met you yet, throught gso...but hope you enjoyed auto more than I did.... good luck..... I hated it, its not my preference so now I'm a space ranger.
          "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by mrmainstreet View Post
            Hey, just remember this. You can only be nervous if you really care. Anybody who really cares will do fantastic during training.
            Besides, I could be wrong (I don't work attractions) but the 1st day of on the job training is mostly going over the OG, basically lots of readings more so than operating the attraction, and you will be with a small group which makes things considerably less awkward. Good luck and have fun, your working at Disneyland.
            Some OTJT is just one day, atleast it was for me when I worked/trained at Millionare and Flicks Fun Fair, perhaps over at DL it is different and the rides require more then one day of training

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousJay View Post
              Is it scary? I work in rides and I'm really nervous cause how could they train you for that if your right there on the ride?!
              I wish you the very best of luck Jay, I think you will do just fine. Where are you working, I'll stop by one day and give you a thumbs up =)

Comment

Originally posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
                Lesson number 1. You do not work in "rides", you work in Attractions. Knotts has "rides". Six Flags has "rides". Disneyland has "attractions".
                For less anal retentive people, Disneyland also has rides my friend.

Training isn't hard at all. You'll be nervous but only because of the things you make up about it in your head. When you stop working at Disneyland eventually you'll look back on it as a piece of cake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X