This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is Casting Not..........

willing to work around a person's work schedule, who wants to work at Disneyland on a part time basis. It just dismays me, especially with their dire need of cast members, that they turn away people who want to spread that magic. This applies, especially to former cast members who know the philosophy of the company and have the experience. I, for one, am one of those former cast members that can be an asset to the company, but they are not willing to work around my full time schedule. All I can say is unbelieveable.

Re: Why Is Casting Not..........

Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    willing to work around a person's work schedule, who wants to work at Disneyland on a part time basis. It just dismays me, especially with their dire need of cast members, that they turn away people who want to spread that magic. This applies, especially to former cast members who know the philosophy of the company and have the experience. I, for one, am one of those former cast members that can be an asset to the company, but they are not willing to work around my full time schedule. All I can say is unbelieveable.
    I fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
      Here here, kudos to you! I agree completely

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
        I fully agree.
        OMG your son is SO cute, have you taken him to Disneyland yet?

Comment

Who knows? Have you looked into seasonal status? Maybe that would be more accommodating?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
            Who knows? Have you looked into seasonal status? Maybe that would be more accommodating?
            No they really arent you are still expected to work all that season when you are needed and they wont work around you because you have no seniority

Comment

Originally posted by ladydiamond View Post
              No they really arent you are still expected to work all that season when you are needed and they wont work around you because you have no seniority
              Oh, sorry.Just trying to help. Seasonal CMs at WDW you pretty much have full say in which days they work, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                Oh, sorry.Just trying to help. Seasonal CMs at WDW you pretty much have full say in which days they work, etc.
                Oh I know you are trying to help =) Well at DL you can let them know I cant work this day this day or this day, and if they dont like your time of availability? You don't get hired, which is unfortunate. And once you are hired, you are expected to obviously work all holidays, the lady flat out told us 'you will be working holidays for many years, it will probably be a _long time_ before you get a holiday off'

Comment

I agree. I'm a student who only goes to school 2 and a half days a week but otherwise I'm free! They always insist on working me til 1 in the morning when I apply there.

Comment

It is the question of the century. DLR certainly won't offer any reason so we are left thinking that they just don't want to bother - it is too hard. Meantime there is a serious shortage of CMs and plenty of people who want to join the magic on a part time basis without having to give up the rest of their lives.

Comment

Working as a former CM-CT it was tough because they do schedule you for all holidays. Christmas Eve, Day, New Years eve, New Year's day,etc. Unless you have no family to answer to my family thought I was nutts. That's why I'm a former CM.

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post
                        Working as a former CM-CT it was tough because they do schedule you for all holidays. Christmas Eve, Day, New Years eve, New Year's day,etc. Unless you have no family to answer to my family thought I was nutts. That's why I'm a former CM.
                        I was _amazed_ when they gave me 4th of July off and then I got a Saturday off I never expected to see that

Comment

I really can't complain. When I worked at Disney for a year and a half the only holiday I worked was Thanksgiving and then it was a 4 hour morning shift. During the summer I got my weekends off with a Friday morning shift. Never asked for any of it either. Maybe some of it has to do with the fact I was RFT.

Comment

I actually have no probs with working a holiday at all or even weekends, just work around my schedule M-F, Disneyland Casting, weekends are the busiest days anyway!! All I can say is shame on you and your philosophy. I bet Walt would not like it. I wish I knew who the head of casting is, so I can wrtie a letter to vent my frustrations to them, of course, with no positive coming out of it. I do hope cast members from casting read these forums.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X