This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving! Are you working??

Who's working on Thanksgiving? Did your parents/significant others ever complain about you working holidays and not being with the family, mine did. Ouch!

Re: Thanksgiving! Are you working??

Thankfully (heh... pun) I'm no longer in an industry where I have to work on the holidays.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Buffy has to work on Thanksgiving....but at least she's getting like triple time for it. Still gonna have a nice turkey dinner!
      sigpic

Comment

My mother is a nurse, and usually volunteers to work on Thanksgiving (you can't pass up over $100/hour!!!!). We just celebrated on a different day when I was growing up, no big deal.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

^My mother is a nurse as well, and when I was young I was dissapointed about her having to work holidays, but when I got older and found out how much she was making I would encourage it.
          I surprisingly don't have to work this Thanksgiving. I really wouldn't mind having to work, but it's just that my significant other had been scheduled it off and I was able to give my shift away. The only bad thing is that we have absolutely no idea what we're going to do... we have no dinner plans or anything, and we can't go to the parks.
          WDW College Program Alumni
          May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
          May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
          Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

Comment

lord i hope not!!! hehe...
            "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
            "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
            "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
            I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
            If you won the lottery what would you do?
            Originally posted by Wally
            Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

i have to work thanksgiving as well. but its from six to like ten thirty at night so i have time to eat with my family before i leave

Comment

i'd work for 50/hour let alone 100, wowza!

Comment

Will not be working.
                  Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                  The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                    i'd work for 50/hour let alone 100, wowza!
                    nurses make bannkkkk heh...100$ an hour is good money on any day of the week haha

I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:

Comment

Lots of kids of nurses here. My Mom was a nurse and had to work many a holiday. Later in her career, she was the head nurse in charge of the surgery department at a small hospital in the central valley and while she was scheduled off on holidays and weekends (surgeons set the schedule) she had to go to work in the middle of the night or the middle of a meal many a time when an emergency came up.

We close the store two days a year and Thanksgiving is one of them, so we'll be at my nieces home in Laguna Beach with Rick's Mom, my family and close friends.

Lu

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                      raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Working Thanksgiving Eve and working Black Friday.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
                          Lots of kids of nurses here. My Mom was a nurse and had to work many a holiday. Later in her career, she was the head nurse in charge of the surgery department at a small hospital in the central valley and while she was scheduled off on holidays and weekends (surgeons set the schedule) she had to go to work in the middle of the night or the middle of a meal many a time when an emergency came up.

We close the store two days a year and Thanksgiving is one of them, so we'll be at my nieces home in Laguna Beach with Rick's Mom, my family and close friends.

Lu

sounds like a good time....only problem with nursing... working hours...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X