This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM Vacations

Hi, I have a question about vacation policies for Disneyland cast members. How long do you have to work before you are allowed to take vacation? And how much vacation can you get at first? Thanks!
    Sometimes our dreams are all we have...

Re: CM Vacations

Mr. Grier, I believe that was covered in your employee orientation. Now will you please go back to work?

Thank you.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not an employee... yet. I just wanted to know what the vacation policy was. What? Is that hush hush or something?

Comment

They were making a jab at Ed Grier and his seeming lack of knowledge of the park. Not at you.

Comment

It depends on what you hire into if you are an hourly CM you start out with Nadda and every certain amount of hours you work you get 8 hours of vacation. Salaried is you get a set amount when you hire in and each year your max amount goes up.

Comment

Is it possible to take unpaid time off after your probationary period?

Comment

Not really. You can take a leave of absence, but those are hard to get. People also would call out sick for their alotted time (4 days)...but that's a little detailed in how it works. The big answer is no though...it's a vacation destination, why would you want to vacation anywhere else! HAHAHAHA
              Rebel Justin
              Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
              Tomorrowland Stores

Comment

Dont forget the motto they brought back with Presenteeism "We work while others play"

Comment

Back in the mid 90's when I worked, after two years, I never received vacation time. I know the "old-timers" did get vacation, but I don't know how long you have to be there or what status it takes.

I would bet, as a starting hourly CM, well, I wouldn't count on getting vacation time. Maybe you could get some unpaid time (a day or two) not on weekend and during the slow season. But forget about asking for time off in the peak seasons.
                  Jeff made me famous!
                  From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

can you hold onto your vacation time without using it right away and use it at a later date or is it use or lose?

Comment

Mr. Grier, I believe that was covered in your employee orientation. Now will you please go back to work?

Thank you.
                      ROFLROFLROFL
                      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                      Originally posted by pratt55
                      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by MerHearted View Post
                        Hi, I have a question about vacation policies for Disneyland cast members. How long do you have to work before you are allowed to take vacation? And how much vacation can you get at first? Thanks!
                        I know this really doesn't help, but it depends on when you hired in and what department you work for. You generally need to have full-time status. As for how much vacation time your allowed to take (we're talking paid vacation here) is generally 2 weeks after your first year depending on how much you work.
                        "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

could somebody please answer my question (see post #10) ?

Comment

You can bank your vacation up to a certain number of hours. I can't remember the exact number, but it's well over 100 hours for attractions CMs.

On another note, CMs hired after 4/16/2006 as Casual Regulars (CRs) don't get any vacation time at all. CMs hired before that get 8 hours of vacation for every 150 or so hours worked. I can't remember the exact number there either. That info is for attractions cast members.

Comment

I have no vacation time. I missed it by about two weeks. Dang it.

I'm going to be taking a travel course to the UK this summer. I'm going to file paperwork to get an unpaid leave of absense. I've already been told by management that it's unlikely I'll get the time off. Keep in mind, it is January right now. The travel course is in July. That's six months' notice.

I will probably be quitting this summer.
                              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X