Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2 Week Notice

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My 2 Week Notice

    Well fellow cast members, I went ahead and put my 2 week notice this past Friday at the Plaza Inn. I did this for several reasons and I did not think this would work out in the long term. The #1 reason was my wife. I did not want to be away from her all of the time, especially since we are newly married. Second, I did not have a good time at the Pi, like I thought I would (based on past experiences there). With the exception of one manager (whom I had worked with before), I did not like the mgmt team there at all, they were not helpful, friendly or encouraging in anyway. Thirdly, the fellow cast members and leads, with the exception of those very few, were some of the rudest people around and I did not want to be part of that team or environment. Granted, I grew up in a different era and was brought up in the proper way to be respectful and courteous towards others, this was totally the opposite. Finally, my regular job is now going to schedule me to work on some weekends, so this will be a potential conflict of schedules here, so I dod not want to deal with it, so the best thing to do is get out early. Finally, I did not want to work 7 days a week anymore w/o any R&R. Life is not worth living just to work. Anyway, I am sad about my decision, but it had to be done. Now I can have fun at the park since I am a pass holder as well.

  • #2
    Re: My 2 Week Notice

    Maybe you can shoot an email off to TDA's group studying why the turnover rate is so high, they probably haven't asked CMs yet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My 2 Week Notice

      Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
      Well fellow cast members, I went ahead and put my 2 week notice this past Friday at the Plaza Inn. I did this for several reasons and I did not think this would work out in the long term. The #1 reason was my wife. I did not want to be away from her all of the time, especially since we are newly married. Second, I did not have a good time at the Pi, like I thought I would (based on past experiences there). With the exception of one manager (whom I had worked with before), I did not like the mgmt team there at all, they were not helpful, friendly or encouraging in anyway. Thirdly, the fellow cast members and leads, with the exception of those very few, were some of the rudest people around and I did not want to be part of that team or environment. Granted, I grew up in a different era and was brought up in the proper way to be respectful and courteous towards others, this was totally the opposite. Finally, my regular job is now going to schedule me to work on some weekends, so this will be a potential conflict of schedules here, so I dod not want to deal with it, so the best thing to do is get out early. Finally, I did not want to work 7 days a week anymore w/o any R&R. Life is not worth living just to work. Anyway, I am sad about my decision, but it had to be done. Now I can have fun at the park since I am a pass holder as well.
      I think you have made a very wise decision. Good job. Your wife will love you for it.

      Originally posted by DC_Ken View Post
      Maybe you can shoot an email off to TDA's group studying why the turnover rate is so high, they probably haven't asked CMs yet.
      And DC Ken makes a really good point here. This is something you should do.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My 2 Week Notice

        I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the input.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My 2 Week Notice

          Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
          I think you have made a very wise decision. Good job. Your wife will love you for it.



          And DC Ken makes a really good point here. This is something you should do.

          As always, thanks Disneyland Daddy for your kind words and support of me. My wife, was thrilled, yet sad about my decision. She supports me 100% on my decision and is looking forward to more quality time with me. I will look into that study group to forward my opinions. As far as the rude cast members go, I am so surprised how they were able to get the job in the first place. OH I know, the desperation of Disney's needing people to fill positions. you know, even though I won't lose sleep over this issue, it still a rotten feeling when a new person is not made to feel welcome by the current crew and even managaement. There is one mananger there (a female), who was there at the tail end of my last stint at the PI in 2001 and this woman has a look of pure evil in her face and her demeanor. Again, I ask how does a person like this get to where she is, currently, with that type of attitude. She definitley does not spread that Disney magic that cast members look up to in a manager. Oh well!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My 2 Week Notice

            Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
            As always, thanks Disneyland Daddy for your kind words and support of me. My wife, was thrilled, yet sad about my decision. She supports me 100% on my decision and is looking forward to more quality time with me. I will look into that study group to forward my opinions. As far as the rude cast members go, I am so surprised how they were able to get the job in the first place. OH I know, the desperation of Disney's needing people to fill positions. you know, even though I won't lose sleep over this issue, it still a rotten feeling when a new person is not made to feel welcome by the current crew and even managaement. There is one mananger there (a female), who was there at the tail end of my last stint at the PI in 2001 and this woman has a look of pure evil in her face and her demeanor. Again, I ask how does a person like this get to where she is, currently, with that type of attitude. She definitley does not spread that Disney magic that cast members look up to in a manager. Oh well!!!
            I constantly experience this at the tram stops. One person in particular looked like she'd just parked her broom somewhere and started barking orders out. It's NOT this is not 'Walt Disney DISNEY" - this is "Disney Corporation DISNEY". No longer does it have quite the same personal touch.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My 2 Week Notice

              Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
              Well fellow cast members, I went ahead and put my 2 week notice this past Friday at the Plaza Inn. I did this for several reasons and I did not think this would work out in the long term.
              PI - congratulations on making the decision that best suits you. I know that it's the best move for you. But at the same time it makes me sad. You know the DL era that I came from...and the more people like you that are forced to leave...the more the others take over.

              Disneyland's "TDA" has a big problem on its hands, and I won't belabor the point that PI so eloquently made. Happy for you, sad to see you leaving. If you get a chance, tell Alan Crowder I said hello.

              --Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My 2 Week Notice

                Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                PI - congratulations on making the decision that best suits you. I know that it's the best move for you. But at the same time it makes me sad. You know the DL era that I came from...and the more people like you that are forced to leave...the more the others take over.

                Disneyland's "TDA" has a big problem on its hands, and I won't belabor the point that PI so eloquently made. Happy for you, sad to see you leaving. If you get a chance, tell Alan Crowder I said hello.

                --Barry

                I saw Alan the other day in passing. We were about 50 yds apart and he was lost in thought and I was trying to get his attention, but he could not hear me. But, I will say hello to him for you the next time I see him. By the way Hector went to my wedding and he was in the NOMK when you were there. It was good seeing him there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My 2 Week Notice

                  Originally posted by DC_Ken View Post
                  Maybe you can shoot an email off to TDA's group studying why the turnover rate is so high, they probably haven't asked CMs yet.

                  They do something like this already. About 3 weeks from now you will be getting a letter in the mail from Disney asking you to fill out an online survey about why you decided to leave and so forth. Fill it out, I did and I know a lot of people who have also.




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My 2 Week Notice

                    Apparently they don't read those.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My 2 Week Notice

                      I was just going to ask if it is even worth while filling thiese questionairres out, or will it fall on deaf ears. Dc Ken, you beat me to the punch!! lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My 2 Week Notice

                        Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
                        Well fellow cast members, I went ahead and put my 2 week notice this past Friday at the Plaza Inn. I did this for several reasons and I did not think this would work out in the long term. The #1 reason was my wife. I did not want to be away from her all of the time, especially since we are newly married. Second, I did not have a good time at the Pi, like I thought I would (based on past experiences there). With the exception of one manager (whom I had worked with before), I did not like the mgmt team there at all, they were not helpful, friendly or encouraging in anyway. Thirdly, the fellow cast members and leads, with the exception of those very few, were some of the rudest people around and I did not want to be part of that team or environment. Granted, I grew up in a different era and was brought up in the proper way to be respectful and courteous towards others, this was totally the opposite. Finally, my regular job is now going to schedule me to work on some weekends, so this will be a potential conflict of schedules here, so I dod not want to deal with it, so the best thing to do is get out early. Finally, I did not want to work 7 days a week anymore w/o any R&R. Life is not worth living just to work. Anyway, I am sad about my decision, but it had to be done. Now I can have fun at the park since I am a pass holder as well.

                        I worked 3rd shift custodian at DCA until august (when I moved to vegas) I loved my job so much.. but we had a few rude CM's as well.. i am amzed they were still there.. i mean they would be smoking drugs, etc... and still are working there.. laziness, etc

                        I do miss my job though

                        the good thing is you can spend more time with your wife.. have you looked into becoming a CR.. i know 3rd shift started bringing back the CR positions

                        Friends for life

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My 2 Week Notice

                          Sorry to hear that...but Im sure you have made the right decision. Now you get to spend more time with your wife..that's truly what is more important.
                          HEARTS CLUB !!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My 2 Week Notice

                            [quote=Mom2dzneboys;1275599]Sorry to hear that...but Im sure you have made the right decision. Now you get to spend more time with your wife..that's truly what is more important. [/quo

                            That goes w/o question.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My 2 Week Notice

                              aww....i'm sorry to here this. i blame your trainer. we don't have very good ones.

                              good luck to you in your other endeavors

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X