This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to being a CM?? For the elder folks

I was thinking of the great times working as a CM-CT and figured if I wanted to do it again it would have to be after I retire from my real profession. (25-30yrs from now-yuck) Has anyone done this or know someone who returned after finishing up in the real world?

Re: Going back to being a CM?? For the elder folks

I know a few teachers that retired, worked at Disney for at least 20yrs. and then retired again.

I've thought about it myself, even though I'm not close to retiring.
    Maybe we'll get to work together then.

Comment

Originally posted by Eflime View Post
      I know a few teachers that retired, worked at Disney for at least 20yrs. and then retired again.

I've thought about it myself, even though I'm not close to retiring.
      Maybe we'll get to work together then.
      That would be cool working with people who enjoy working in this environment. See you in a few years..

Comment

Talk to the folks at the DLR Fire Dept. Most of them have done a 30 year career and then work here for another 15+. Some of them are in their 70's.

Comment

You know what, 25-30 years from now the employment situation at Disneyland is pretty much guaranteed to be radically different from what it is now (look at the situation of today compared to the early days). It is next impossible to prognosticate what it will be like.
          "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by Old Firedude View Post
            Talk to the folks at the DLR Fire Dept. Most of them have done a 30 year career and then work here for another 15+. Some of them are in their 70's.
            The Disneyland Fire department guys have it good/great! Agree?

Comment

On Sunday, I decided that when I retire, I want to be the fairy Godmother on in the Electrical Parade
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                On Sunday, I decided that when I retire, I want to be the fairy Godmother on in the Electrical Parade
                We'll be watching out for you!!

Comment

There are a lot of people in my department who are working at DL now aftr a career in some completely unrelated field. It's a great way to have a relatively stress-free (of course there are huge exceptions to that statement) job to keep you going in retirement, and I certainly plan to come back! I talked to one woman about it a few months ago and she said the best thing is that "grandma works at Disneyland!" and she comes on the weekends to sign in her grandchildren.
                  "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Old Firedude View Post

A 70 year old ACTIVE firefighter? Wow, I don't know that I would want to have him pull me out of a fire... Could this person be an engineer? I could see someone like that driving the apparatus, but humping hose and fighting fire? Not so much..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X