• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stitchy
    Disappearing/Reappearing
    • Jun 2006

What's a good thank you?

Hello Cm's!!! I'm here to ask you all a question that has been driving me nuts for a week. Here goes...

My daughter takes dance class here in Mississippi...the dance company's secretary's daughter (got that?) dances in the Lion King show in the Animal Kingdom. She gave me her daughter's number and told me to call her...that if we go on a day that she dances, she could arrange for my daughter to meet her and some other cast members. This would make my daughter's day. She's four and LOVED the show last year. So, here's my question...I don't want to show up empty handed...this girl will be doing such a nice thing for my daughter, I want to thank her in some way. What should I do? I don't want to hand her cash...that seems a bit rude. I thought flowers? But, where would I get them in the Disney Universe....and I don't want to carry them ALL day through Ak. So, what about a thank you card and a gift certificate to someplace....maybe Bath and Body works?? ALL girls like that stuff....would that be okay? Any comments or better ideas...please help! Thanks guys.

• thejoshualee
    Not sure about anything
    • Jun 2005

Re: What's a good thank you?

Nothing says "Thank you" like a baggy full of shaving cream.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

• Spidergrrrl
      is on the rocks
      • Jul 2006

Hi Stitchy,

I think a gift card/certificate is a great idea. If it's possible, you might also want to look into a gift card for a local area restaurant. But really, I think any gesture would be appreciated.
      She did it!

Comment

• SorcererMickey
        WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
        • Nov 2006

Technically she's not allowed to take anything from you while she's at work. I know that it was usually enough to know that a friend/family member was in the audience. I have been away from Disney for almost 7 years and there is something I have kept in a box. Every picture that a child drew for me. They still mean so much to me and I think something as simple as a home made card your daughter drew would be more than enough.

You could always offer to take her out to eat, but arrange it while you're arranging the meeting. You wouldn't want her to get in trouble with management. Some aren't that strict with the gift thing but some really are.

I honestly think a card to the performer, and maybe one to the entire cast also is a wonderful idea.

Comment

• PLAZAINN1
          Former Cast Member
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
          Hello Cm's!!! I'm here to ask you all a question that has been driving me nuts for a week. Here goes...

My daughter takes dance class here in Mississippi...the dance company's secretary's daughter (got that?) dances in the Lion King show in the Animal Kingdom. She gave me her daughter's number and told me to call her...that if we go on a day that she dances, she could arrange for my daughter to meet her and some other cast members. This would make my daughter's day. She's four and LOVED the show last year. So, here's my question...I don't want to show up empty handed...this girl will be doing such a nice thing for my daughter, I want to thank her in some way. What should I do? I don't want to hand her cash...that seems a bit rude. I thought flowers? But, where would I get them in the Disney Universe....and I don't want to carry them ALL day through Ak. So, what about a thank you card and a gift certificate to someplace....maybe Bath and Body works?? ALL girls like that stuff....would that be okay? Any comments or better ideas...please help! Thanks guys.

The best thing you can do for this cast member is to go to City Hall and leave a positive remark on her behalf to a guest service cast member. It will be sent to this cast member's mgmt team and they will act accordingly. Cast members are not allowed to receive any gifts. I received a nice card from Cynthia Hariss for something I did positively for a guest. This was sent to me via my mgmt and they also gave me free movie tickets for my excellent service rendered.

Comment

• Stitchy
            Disappearing/Reappearing
            • Jun 2006

thank you all SO much. I definately wouldn't want to get her in trouble. How would I go about sending her a card through her management? Does Ak have a City Hall...or is the one in Mk an all purpose? Maybe I could send the gift car through her mom? Then, her manager wouldn't know. Thanks guys.

Comment

• JeffYardDog
              MiceChatter
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
              thank you all SO much. I definately wouldn't want to get her in trouble. How would I go about sending her a card through her management? Does Ak have a City Hall...or is the one in Mk an all purpose? Maybe I could send the gift car through her mom? Then, her manager wouldn't know. Thanks guys.
              If you do want to get her something, bypass the Disney channel and send it through the dance company's secretary.

Comment

• RumRunner31
                Squaw NO gettum firewood!
                • Jan 2007

Yeah, the City Hall acknowledgement is great, especially since when it comes to raises, the compliments in your file make a HUGE difference! I'm also with those who said a drawing or home made card can be the best gift of all - I've got a few letters from guests that I've helped out and they're really special to me! If you're gonna do more than that for her, don't do it at the parks because it could just cause problems.

Speaking of which, I can't tell you how many times we've gotten bottles of champagne turned in by security because guests were trying to bring them in as a thank you to the CM who was signing them in that day. LOL
                "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

• JeffYardDog
                  MiceChatter
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by RumRunner31 View Post
                  Speaking of which, I can't tell you how many times we've gotten bottles of champagne turned in by security because guests were trying to bring them in as a thank you to the CM who was signing them in that day. LOL
                  I was wondering why Guest Relations acted so perky.

Comment

• Stitchy
                    Disappearing/Reappearing
                    • Jun 2006

you guys are great. I will have our daughter draw her a cute little picture. And I will take that the day we meet her. Then, I will follow up with a comment to City Hall and a thank you note and maybe a gift certificate through her mom. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X