This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you enjoy being a Cast Member but not a Guest

Has being a CM lessened your enjoyment of being a guest in the park ?

I don't mean that it's made it unpleasant but does spending the time being outside of the inside take something away form the experience of being in the park ?

Re: Do you enjoy being a Cast Member but not a Guest

As an ex-CM I still love everything about being in the parks and experiencing the atmosphere and attractions. The only thing I have become critical of (and this began when I was still a CM) is the quality of the characters. The animation I see, wear of the costumes, likening of a face character to their counterpart. When I see Mickey waving with a limp wrist it makes me want to vomit and yet I see it every time. Other than that I love playing in the parks all over the world!

Comment

Yes, when you start working for the park, the magic does die, but when you are playing in the parks it such a nice magical experience with such a unique environment that seems to melt your outside problems away. I loved being a CM. Being able to see bacstage that no one knows about.

Comment

The magic never died for me, if anything it became stronger because I was a small part of it.

to me, knowing what goes on behind the scenes is just as interesting as what we see, the skill and art and sheer people power that goes into the show is, in a word, magical.

Sure, some managers were dorks, some suits only care about money, some things I hated, but.... the Magic, I guess the belief in magic, never left.
        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Agree with Josh. Really, the magic has been strengthened. As I tell people when I talk about working there, nothing beats the smile on a kid's face when you make them feel special.
          Magical memories are probably one of my favorite things, though I tend to do them without CDS' prompting.

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
            Sure, some managers were dorks, some suits only care about money, some things I hated, but.... the Magic, I guess the belief in magic, never left.
            I agree. I love being on stage. I love the guest interaction. I hate backstage and one of my leads. I hate it back in the office. its boring and its boring.

Plan to transfer out. Im waiting to see if they accept me as a trainer for my department.
            ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
              Yes, when you start working for the park, the magic does die...
              I just don't understand this... you ARE the magic. How can that die while working there.
              I used to work at Hersheypark, as the Hershey Bar himself, and I understood that without ME it was just some fabric and foam on a wooden stand. I WAS the magic that brought him to life. How could that possibly DIE?
              It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                I just don't understand this... you ARE the magic. How can that die while working there.
                I used to work at Hersheypark, as the Hershey Bar himself, and I understood that without ME it was just some fabric and foam on a wooden stand. I WAS the magic that brought him to life. How could that possibly DIE?
                Its moreso that Disneyland is one of those unique parks out there that plays the show very very well. SO well, its like watching a magic show. Until they reveal how they do the trick, everything looks so real. When you find out, things look to be very simple.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
                -Adidas
                Originally posted by KISSman
                In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                  I just don't understand this... you ARE the magic.
                  This is an awesome response.....excellent point.

Comment

Does the magic die when I go there as a guest..no..if anything, I get inspired to do even a better job in bringing the magic to guests. That is due to some of the great cast members we have on board. I have met some really great people since I started working for the company. The only downside is between working there and playing at the park..it seems I am ALWAYS there. I have started to take advantage of my days off by not going to the park unless there is something I REALLYwant to see.
                    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

For me being a cast member does not take away from the magic but it has rather given me a new appreciation of how the magic is created and how much work goes in every single day and night to keep the parks magical. i am a bit more critical since i am a Cast member and i like to strive to be the best cast member i can be but when i am at the parks and see CMs doing not what they are supposed to be doing it annoys me to no end!

Comment

Coming into the park on a day off is the MOST important part of my job, IMHO. Whenever I start to get frustrated with the things that go on backstage, I come into the park and walk around for a bit. I say happy birthday to an adult with a button, I sit in Fantasyland & watch the kids faces, I watch the fireworks, and it all reminds me why what we do is so important.
                        "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Jeronius View Post
                          Its moreso that Disneyland is one of those unique parks out there that plays the show very very well. SO well, its like watching a magic show. Until they reveal how they do the trick, everything looks so real. When you find out, things look to be very simple.
                          See, for me it makes it all the better. Now you know what goes into it, and how they must care about guest feelings in order to put that much effort into making people feel great.

Comment

I love being a CM and a guest. The only thing I find myself doing is watching the stores CMs and comparing my guest service. When I'm in DCA as a guest, I feel even closer, because its MY park.
                            I want my cake back!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lesmisfan View Post
                              For me being a cast member does not take away from the magic but it has rather given me a new appreciation of how the magic is created and how much work goes in every single day and night to keep the parks magical. i am a bit more critical since i am a Cast member and i like to strive to be the best cast member i can be but when i am at the parks and see CMs doing not what they are supposed to be doing it annoys me to no end!

i feel exactly the same way!!! guests can really piss me off as a CM, but i never let them know that lol.....and as a guest, the also piss me off....but its all good...

if anything being part of the magic makes visiting as a guest more exciting and i always wind up striking up a conversation with another disney fanatic while waiting in line or w/e
                              sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                              Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X