This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do people wear...

What do people usually wear to auditions? I'm planning on coming to the Auditions on September 16th for the Christmas Parade.

Do people come in work out clothes? Leotard and tights?

Just wondering so I don't look out of place.

Thanks!
    Dreams do come true...
    "When I get to Heaven, And I'm all settled there, May I dine with Mr. Disney And dance with Fred Astaire"

Re: What do people wear...

Something movable, basically

Comment

something you can move in is best.

Comment

Ballet shoes, jazz shoes and character shoes along with what is called "comfortable" wear.

Comment

I guess my concern is I don't want to show up in workout clothes and everyone else is in Kahki pants and a nice shirt. I know the audition website says "comfortable clothing" so I was trying to figure out what would be best.

What do you all think? I just don't want to look like a slacker in gym clothes when everyone else looks nice!

Thanks for your posts above and for your help!
          Dreams do come true...
          "When I get to Heaven, And I'm all settled there, May I dine with Mr. Disney And dance with Fred Astaire"

Comment

Wear shorts or work out pants and a T-shirt along with sneakers or dance shoes if you have them. Make sure your clothing isn't huge on you, Disney wants to see your body type. I don't recommend ballet or jazz shoes (unless you're auditioning for pointe) because the floor could be extremely slippery and I doubt rosin is readily available. Also, keep the make-up natural and your hair off your face.

Break a leg!

Comment

For most auditions involving dance or much movement, you will definitely want your hair off of your face, and should dress in leotard and tights or jazz pants. You can wear those under casual pants and shirt. Definitely be prepared with character and/or tap shoes, but wear jazz shoes or sneakers.
              Good luck!

Comment

is this audition for WDW or Disneyland? I'd love to audition too- where did you see the audition schedule for the Christmas parade? Thanks!

Comment

disneyauditions.com. This conversation is about the x-mas parade at Disneyland.
                  "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Great! Thank you all for your advice! I'm nervous, but very excited for the chance to audition! I just thought it would be fun to see what happens!

Thanks again for everything!
                    Last edited by kcdancer; 08-30-2007, 02:08 PM.
                    Dreams do come true...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X