Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

    CM's: With the Increase of A.P and Daily tickets each year wouldn't you think/want an increase in wages? CM in my mind make guest feel that they spent their money wisely in visiting the parks. Being a retired Cm I feel for all CM working those extended hours and making the magic possible! Thanks.

  • #2
    Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

    Yeah, well, we can thank our illustrious union for our pay and "benefits". It says a lot when non-union Wal-Mart pays more than what we get. I signed up and agreed to my 'compensation' when I accepted the job, but I truly, truly believe we'd be far better off without the union. I'd rather keep my union dues and use it to pay for the gas it takes to get to work, than send it off to a group of people who do more harm than good for our livelihoods.

    Anyone actually figure out how much they get each month from all of us?? Lets face it: they're our pimps.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

      iono, my union is currently fighting for a huge pay increase... see what that takes us... if they do successfully pull it off, it be a first that i would want to pay my dues to the union...
      ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

        Originally posted by speederscout View Post
        Yeah, well, we can thank our illustrious union for our pay and "benefits".
        It's not the union. It's you that's the problem. And I use that term collectively.

        Disney knows very well that no one is willing to strike. And with no threat of strike, Disney has no reason whatsoever to raise wages.

        This is especially painful in this era when Disney can't fill shifts. A strike would be devastating because there is no way they'd be able to replace the shifts. So CMs have no one to blame for low wages but themselves.

        Sorry, but that's the hard reality.

        Lighthope

        Pearls of Wisdom - A cat knows your every thought. It doesn't care. But it knows.

        --== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
        --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

          I'll agree with that, but was that even an option that the union gave during 'negotiations' for the current contract? I followed it closely at the time (even though I wasn't a CM back then) and I don't recall the reps being very persuasive from what I read. If I'm mistaken then I'd love to know.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

            There's a no-strike clause in the current foods contract.
            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
            May 6, 2005 - present.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

              Originally posted by snappy View Post
              CM's: With the Increase of A.P and Daily tickets each year wouldn't you think/want an increase in wages? CM in my mind make guest feel that they spent their money wisely in visiting the parks. Being a retired Cm I feel for all CM working those extended hours and making the magic possible! Thanks.
              I am not a CM - but I TOTALLY TOTALLY agree with this. Because the way I see it, somewhere someone in the Disney empire is getting a raise because of this....and my feeling is that it should be the Disneyland Resort CM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                Originally posted by Lighthope View Post
                It's not the union. It's you that's the problem. And I use that term collectively.

                Disney knows very well that no one is willing to strike. And with no threat of strike, Disney has no reason whatsoever to raise wages.

                This is especially painful in this era when Disney can't fill shifts. A strike would be devastating because there is no way they'd be able to replace the shifts. So CMs have no one to blame for low wages but themselves.

                Sorry, but that's the hard reality.

                Lighthope

                Pearls of Wisdom - A cat knows your every thought. It doesn't care. But it knows.

                --== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
                --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net
                i somewhat agree. If None of the food CMs show up for the contract renewal, Disney would think we just dont care. I know the food union is working closely with another unions such as the electrian union and others...

                though, i heard the union has tried to strike before, but it didnt really work...
                ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                  I am not a CM but the only CM's whose wages will significantly increase because of this are the suits.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                    Originally posted by snappy View Post
                    CM's: With the Increase of A.P and Daily tickets each year wouldn't you think/want an increase in wages? CM in my mind make guest feel that they spent their money wisely in visiting the parks. Being a retired Cm I feel for all CM working those extended hours and making the magic possible! Thanks.
                    Hah!

                    I only worked at Disneyland for several months over the summer, but it was very evident that from a financial standpoint, there is not much care given towards the CM's.

                    For the HUGE amount of money taken in, and the added stresses of working there, there is almost no excuse to pay their workers just slightly above minimum wage.

                    I saw so many CM's who were living in some of the worst areas of the city, or had to work 2 jobs, or were talking about how they wanted to work 16 hours so they could get double pay. Being that if you're working in retail, it's possible to take in enough money to pay your weekly shift in less than a 5 minute period, this is unacceptable.

                    Even at places such as In-N-Out, the *lowest* starting wage is $9.50/hr and managers can make upwards of $100,000/yr after several years.

                    I'm still glad I worked there, and might come back during the winter; but, the only real reason is because of all the friends I made. Not so much the job itself.


                    *And maybe its just a pet peeve, but another thing that annoys me is that they REALLY need to update some of the break rooms that look like they haven't been touched for 20 years. Not even huge alterations, just maybe putting in tables/chairs that actually match and aren't made of metal, or getting rid of some of the gaudy red stripes painted around the room.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                      Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                      I am not a CM - but I TOTALLY TOTALLY agree with this. Because the way I see it, somewhere someone in the Disney empire is getting a raise because of this....and my feeling is that it should be the Disneyland Resort CM.
                      So if Disney starts taking increased costs for something along the way, are you just as adamant that the CMs should accept a pay cut?

                      I just like how the default opinion is this money is all of a sudden 'free extra money'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                        Originally posted by melmel View Post
                        There's a no-strike clause in the current foods contract.

                        All contracts have a No-Strike clause. You strike during negotiations for the new contract.

                        Lighthope

                        Pearls of Wisdom - Chivalry is dead. It was murdered by feminism.

                        --== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
                        --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                          All in all I think CM's deserve a raise. I have never/will never be a CM, but let's face it... they make the Disney experience happen. Without CM's, DL wouldn't function and they really should be appreciated more (from an outsider point of view)...
                          <3 Chloe

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                            Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                            So if Disney starts taking increased costs for something along the way, are you just as adamant that the CMs should accept a pay cut?
                            I see and accept your point. However, when costs go up, CMs automatically take a pay cut via a loss of hours. So pay cuts are sort of built into the system.

                            Lighthope

                            Pearls of Wisdom - "No one has ever died an atheist." - Plato

                            --== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
                            --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Increase in Guest tickets = Increase in Wages??

                              Originally posted by Lighthope View Post
                              All contracts have a No-Strike clause. You strike during negotiations for the new contract.

                              Lighthope
                              Yes, no-strike clauses typically cover things like striking over disputes rather then going to arbitration, or striking in sympathy for another union, etc - while the current labor agreement is in place.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X