This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tagging?

oh, please tell me that picture is 'staged'.... if someone was that desperate for TP they CERTAINLY wouldn't have held a turd in their hand just to use it as a crayon! GROSS.

BTW, I used the restroom in Main Scheduling last night... the amount of graffiti was disgusting. Made me mad.

Comment

Yes we still use that video during Traditions Onboarding...... we found tagging in a restroom on the 4th floor of TDA....couldn't believe it
      You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Originally posted by youcancallmechris View Post
        Uh, you think a Cast Member should get a warning if caught vandalising? That's a crime, and believe me the fine is greater outside for ANY offense and it just keeps getting worse.

Do you work at DL?
        maybe I am taking it the wrong way, but I sense a little hostility in that last sentence. I was merely suggesting a solution to the problem.
        you are right. if caught vandalizing, the cast member should be fired.
        and no I dont work at disneyland> but I wish I did. sounds like a fun place to work(too bad theres a grafiti/tagging/vandalism problem)
        Last edited by disneyfan07; 10-12-2007, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
          maybe I am taking it the wrong way, but I sense a little hostility in that last sentence. I was merely suggesting a solution to the problem.
          you are right. if caught vandalizing, the cast member should be fired.
          and no I dont work at disneyland> but I wish I did. sounds like a fun place to work(too bad theres a grafiti/tagging/vandalism problem)
          I think his question was simply because your post rang a little on the naive side for someone who worked at the park, thats all.

Comment

Tagging ALLLL over!! Esp. in bathrooms!

My favorite were the ones that asked CMs to "QUESTION INTEGRITY OF MANAGEMENT"

haha, classic. Or,

DON'T DATE DISNEY

with a long argument afterwards with the pros and cons of dating co-workers between different stall-users. haha
            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by melmel View Post
              DON'T DATE DISNEY
              I think it is funny hat everyone knows this, but nobody pays attention.

It really should be dont hook up with disney, because that is much more realistic, lol.

Comment

LOL

How are CMs not supposed to be interested in their co-workers when they're the only people we come in contact with on a regular basis?
                Last edited by speederscout; 10-23-2007, 12:15 AM.

Comment

BTW, Mel... did you join us again on the frontlines??

Comment

what is wrong with cast members dating cast members?????

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout View Post
                      LOL

How are CMs not supposed to be interested in their co-workers when they're the only people we come in contact with on a regular basis?
                      Neutering.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                        Really? I haven't seen tagging backstage as per Al's article. Anyone seen any?
                        The backstage area behind Bengal BBQ, and the upstairs bathroom near the Attractions Scheduling office, gets tagged a lot lately. The Foods guys take a fat Sharpie pen and do their tags on the metal carts that Foods uses to store bread and food supplies in. They also tag the plastic carts they use around the dishwashing machines.

The backstage bathrooms on the Westside get it pretty good too, with gang tags and nicknames tagged onto walls, mirrors, metal wall dispensers, etc.

You didn't start seeing that until about 2 years ago. Then, for whatever reason, it started to get much worse this past summer.

No one cares anymore. Have you seen some of those thugs-in-training that Foods hires now? It gets scary sometimes in the backstage areas where the busboys go on break and hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
                          what is wrong with cast members dating cast members?????
                          so many things, just work one summer at the park. You will see.

Comment

I dont follow the 3 D,s my girlfriend that I have been with for 5 years now we met on Jungle

Comment

Originally posted by Karnever View Post
                              I dont follow the 3 D,s my girlfriend that I have been with for 5 years now we met on Jungle
                              it happens occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                                The backstage area behind Bengal BBQ, and the upstairs bathroom near the Attractions Scheduling office, gets tagged a lot lately. The Foods guys take a fat Sharpie pen and do their tags on the metal carts that Foods uses to store bread and food supplies in. They also tag the plastic carts they use around the dishwashing machines.

The backstage bathrooms on the Westside get it pretty good too, with gang tags and nicknames tagged onto walls, mirrors, metal wall dispensers, etc.

You didn't start seeing that until about 2 years ago. Then, for whatever reason, it started to get much worse this past summer.

No one cares anymore. Have you seen some of those thugs-in-training that Foods hires now? It gets scary sometimes in the backstage areas where the busboys go on break and hang out.
                                This is pretty horrifying. If Disney doesn't clamp down on this they're going to have a much bigger problem in the VERY near future. They absolutely need to bring in the police to document this, and let the CMs know the police are on it. My city (Redlands) keeps very close tabs on all graffiti activity as they realize its a sign of much larger potential problems.

TDA, ARE YOU READING THIS???

Comment

I noticed lots more graffiti popped up backstage this week. Gang type tags in six inch tall letters with bright blue paint were tagged onto the wood bridge behind the Indy show building. There were a few of those tags on that bridge, in the wood structure that had sat there untagged since 1995. They weren't there at the start of the week, they just showed up in the last 48 hours.

Lots of new tags in the mens rooms backstage around the Westide this week too; scratched into mirrors, scrawled on tile walls and fixtures, etc.

I would take pictures with my phone cam to share here, but that's against the rules and people get fired for that fairly routinely now. If you aren't a gang banger tagging up the break room, you might be not-so-bright and take pictures with your phone cam of backstage areas. :lol:

As for the grafitti and the new hires; It's getting pretty bad this fall. We really seemed to have turned a corner this summer and are heading into a backstage environment I've never seen exist at Disneyland. What's bad is that some of these areas are places that Guests could, in theory, also need to walk through during Pirates evacuations, first aid runs to the Indy show building, Mansion or Splash show buildings, etc. Bad enough that we dump 900 Guests into backstage during a full-scale Pirates evac, but now they are walking in what appears to be gang territory and past graffitti.

Comment

So my fears of getting mugged in the area between Circle D and the Parade Storage building are valid?

Comment

GRRRR!!! I hope TDA does something about this crap immediately. Has anyone noticed any tagging being cleaned up at all?

Comment

Originally posted by DLDCALVR View Post
                                        So my fears of getting mugged in the area between Circle D and the Parade Storage building are valid?
                                        Only if you're horsing around.

Just treat everyone with equinimity and you'll be OK

Comment

Cast members still playing tag backstage? Hah, those crazy cast members. Some things never change.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X