This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i overreacting?

I think i have a manager out to get me...

Im currently in ODV, and i had a bad cash flow coaching while doing balloons ($50 short)...

I kept thinking, i been doing balloons a lot during summer, and there was once i was short badly, but i knew why. I just puzzled me. SOOO, i pulled a calculator and started doing calculation and i was right, something didnt add up.

Soooo, i took it up with the manager that gave me the coaching on my record. I showed him the # and PROVED that i couldnt have been $50 short. So, it turns out the # of balloons i went out were correct, but apparently, i didnt count what "TYPE" of balloons i had, so thinking i was given 5 extra balloons, i was given the 5 balloon into my count...

SO yes, even though every single balloon cost $7 (yes, its expensive), i recieved a coaching for not counting what type of balloons i have. and i am the only one in trouble for it.

You think i can challenge the coaching with the union or HR? I mean, its still on my record aka means BAAAD, it might hurt my chances of transferring...

i am pissed off atm. yes, its probably nothing big BUT STILL, something not MY FAULT is blamed on me, that is completely pointless error on THEIR end... and im gettin in trouble for it... :\
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Re: Am i overreacting?

I think if you feel you were not trained sufficiently for the job you are doing, and are now being blamed for a policy you didn't even know about, you should try to fight it. You don't want it on your record, and having it expunged shouldn't be an issue since this isn't your fault. Working with money directly stinks.
    <3 Chloe

Comment

A coaching is not a discipline. If you want to transfer or cross-train or whatever, it most likely won't be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by fantoongal View Post
        A coaching is not a discipline. If you want to transfer or cross-train or whatever, it most likely won't be looked at.
        but its still in my record... even though its not MY FAULT!

fyi, this same manager accused me of doing drugs on stage last week.

Comment

Last edited by youcancallmechris; 10-28-2007, 01:49 AM. Reason: Retracted- didn't see fantoon's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffy View Post
            O_o

Comment

Originally posted by wave789 View Post
              O_o
              meh- if that Manager had a real concern they could have sent you to Cast Health for a test. Seen this done on more than one occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by youcancallmechris View Post
                meh- if that Manager had a real concern they could have sent you to Cast Health for a test. Seen this done on more than one occasion.
                yeah, he said he would but i told him i go since i got nothing to hide(something else to do i guess?)... then he kinda back down saying he will do that on the next time... :|

Comment

Short answer: yes.
                  It's good you found out what the problem with the money was, but remember you can't always rely on someone being exactly right before you. This goes for any department. Just do an inventory check before each time you head out and you'll be fine.
                  If this manager's a problem, just lay low for awhile. It seems like you sometimes provoke them from past posts. Just keep it cool and they'll find nothing wrong with you.

Comment

yeah, he said he would but i told him i go since i got nothing to hide(something else to do i guess?)... then he kinda back down saying he will do that on the next time... :|
                    This Manager is really disturbing me.

Comment

This Manager is really disturbing me.
                      haha, scary... ends it with "When your ready to talk, feel free to talk to me or any other manager..."

aka, if you ready to admit, we are here... hahahaha... the more i talk about it, the more i laugh about it now... :P

Comment

It all ends with Management.

Just like me...
                        Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                        - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                        - me too!

Comment

haha, scary... ends it with "When your ready to talk, feel free to talk to me or any other manager..."

aka, if you ready to admit, we are here... hahahaha... the more i talk about it, the more i laugh about it now... :P
                          Yikes. From my understanding was suspcicions were to be addressed right away. If no evidence was progressing and the Manager (or investegator) still felt suspicion they would then 'put the CM out' (some of you know what this means) and they'd either be separated or let back (with pay) shortly later. In regards to drug tests, it's really nitty gritty but it's simply easier to comply unless you really feel like you're 'being violated'- though one thing I do know- I had a CM once who refused and he never came back... Nonetheless if you've done nothing wrong you should have nothing to fear and if that's not working you need to go further- like HR, SSS (Security Special Services), or your Union- but that's all last straw IMHO. Also IMHO HR would be the quickest results- as they don't want the 'hostile workplace' stuff even brushing the Unions ears. SSS would most likely investegate the incident and pass it to HR/LR. Meh- good luck!
                          Last edited by youcancallmechris; 10-30-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Yikes. From my understanding was suspcicions were to be addressed right away. If no evidence was progressing and the Manager (or investegator) still felt suspicion they would then 'put the CM out' (some of you know what this means) and they'd either be separated or let back (with pay) shortly later. In regards to drug tests, it's really nitty gritty but it's simply easier to comply unless you really feel like you're 'being violated'- though one thing I do know- I had a CM once who refused and he never came back... Nonetheless if you've done nothing wrong you should have nothing to fear and if that's not working you need to go further- like HR, SSS (Security Special Services), or your Union- but that's all last straw IMHO. Also IMHO HR would be the quickest results- as they don't want the 'hostile workplace' stuff even brushing the Unions ears. SSS would most likely investegate the incident and pass it to HR/LR. Meh- good luck!
                            yeah, thanks... i had nothing to hide, but im saying is that he doenst believe me... now i think he is picking on me with the last situation... i wonder if it will continue...

Comment

Just schedule an appointment with someone in Labor Relations. Have your Shop Steward (even though most all of the unions that represent Disney Cast Members are absolutely useless) with you. Heck, have them arrange it so your Shop Steward has no excuse not to show up.
                              Burnt Toast
                              The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

well update... I was given a bad cash handling coaching instead of the suppose inventory coaching... right, i fought the cash handling and got inventory coaching but that just didnt happen...

Its waaaar! :P Gonna talk to a manager when i go back to work on Friday first before i get the shop steward involved...

Comment

well update... I was given a bad cash handling coaching instead of the suppose inventory coaching... right, i fought the cash handling and got inventory coaching but that just didnt happen...

Its waaaar! :P Gonna talk to a manager when i go back to work on Friday first before i get the shop steward involved...
                                  I know it's a bit outta place, but what is "coaching"? I'm assuming it's an ODV thing, right?

But yea, if talking to a manager doesn't work and Labour Relations, I'm assuming, hasn't been much help, do get the shop steward involved. They may be able to get something done (more likely than not, but it can't hurt, hopefully).

Other than that, have you considered transferring to another division like QSR or something, or maybe thinking about transferring between departments?

Comment

Coaching is a form of discipline. It applies to Attractions as well.
                                    sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

but its still in my record... even though its not MY FAULT!

I would involve union...They also cant accuse you of doing drugs without proof or statements

BUT! does ODV have an OG? (and is it in the OG?) also we're you trained on having to do what u messed up on?

If it's in the OG that you have to, or you we're trained correctly and your trainer said you have to do that than you cant do much about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                                        I would involve union...They also cant accuse you of doing drugs without proof or statements

BUT! does ODV have an OG? (and is it in the OG?) also we're you trained on having to do what u messed up on?

If it's in the OG that you have to, or you we're trained correctly and your trainer said you have to do that than you cant do much about it...
                                        i dont know, thats over like 1 year 3 months ago... :P they never really covered this stuff in training anyways...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X