X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA
    replied
    Re: Ojt

I got a friend that just got hired into Jungle Cruise. I myself just got hired onto Tomorrowland Attractions (hoping for Nemo!) I'm excited but nervous that I will get too many hours!

Leave a comment:

• snappy
    replied

How exciting to be working at Disneyland. Those were some of the best days. Enjoy them. Always say yes to being extended.

Leave a comment:

• speederscout
    replied

OK, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mainstreetcm
    replied

Originally posted by speederscout View Post
    Is that 120 actual calendar days, or 120 work days??
    Calendar days.

Leave a comment:

• speederscout
    replied

Is that 120 actual calendar days, or 120 work days??

Leave a comment:

• Westsider
    replied

Not three months. It's now 120 days of probation for Attractions Operations Cast Members. 120 days for anyone in Master Services Agreement actually.

Leave a comment:

• kriskitty22
    replied

^3 months.

Leave a comment:

• glendalais89
    replied

That's good to hear. Hopefully you got over the whole JC thing.

Originally posted by antrossini View Post
    Well... I dressed pretty nice... and when I met my trainer I felt kind of silly because he is one of the most chill kick back guys I've ever met...
    I had the same kind of trainer myself. Chill and cool as heck (though at the same time, oddly enough, he was one of the most perfectionist/by-the-book people I have ever met in my life).

Just remember, now that you're done with your training (I think, maybe you still have "Post Training", whatever that is), you're on probation for the next 3 or 4 months, so you should try to not get into trouble with regards to attendance, guest service or whatnot.
    Last edited by glendalais89; 11-03-2007, 11:16 AM. Reason: Honestly, I've gotten conflicting responses on how long probation is. Some say 3, some say 4, some say 6 o_O

Leave a comment:

• antrossini
    replied

Well... I dressed pretty nice... and when I met my trainer I felt kind of silly because he is one of the most chill kick back guys I've ever met...

Haha.

Well I had a blast my first 2 days...

even though today I started at 6 in the morning...

Yeah I know... I was thinking the same thing...

"There is a six in the morning now? Dude!?! No way!"

:P

Thanks for all the help everyone. Hope to see you around "the office" some time.

Leave a comment:

• wave789
    replied

You can dress however you want for OJT, but just keep in mind you don't want to give your trainer a negative impression.

Leave a comment:

• PLAZAINN1
    replied

I believe you have to wear trousers (business casual) and not blue jeans. You should have received a piece of paper telling you what is acceptable to wear on OJT. I would not wear jeans if I were you.

Oops my bad, I was thinking orientation. No heck wear joins for your first day. Don't you usually get into your costume on your first day though???

Leave a comment:

• Junthor
    replied

tag for later

Leave a comment:

• wave789
    replied

You need your cast ID. If you don't have it, then be prepared to show another form of ID to security at Harbor Pointe. But you should have gotten your cast ID at Traditions.

Come early if you're driving, because you will need time to ride the unreliable shuttles from k-lot to Harbor Pointe.

I'm a trainer, but for QSR, so I can't really help much beyond that...

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

The first day I worked at Disneyland I ended up getting sick, throwing up, and having to be sent home haha. I think it had something to do with the grill at Bengal BBQ because I felt fine at the beginning of the shift. I never worked that location again and I never got sick at work again.

Leave a comment:

• speederscout
    replied

Yes, the first day at DLR is exciting; no doubt about it. Even though you're going to be changing as soon as you get there, still 'dress for success'; first impressions do count.

Enjoy your time, and let us know how it goes. This place will get under your skin, in a very good way!

Leave a comment:

• mainstreetcm
    replied

So exciting Antronossi...I start my OJT on saturday (not for Jungle though!) Everyone told me you can where whatever you want since you'll be changing anyway (need to bring the black socks and black shoes though!)

Leave a comment:

• glendalais89
    replied

Just bring your white hire sheet and your state-issued ID (ID Card or Driver's License).

I would say just come in something comfortable, you'll be changing right after you get there anyway. Just don't wear anything that may be considered offensive (such as certain t-shirts).

A proper hair style is definately needed. Part of OJT is working with the guests. Thus you do need to be in full compliance with Disney Look. Any barber shop should be willing to tidy up the back for $5 or less.

I'm not attractions, so I don't have first-hand experience on this, but from what I've seen, most people going to Jungle Cruise do learn to be Skip from the outset. If you've done ComedySportz, it should be really simple (it is basically improv, just with a base script), but if you're still uncomfortable, you can just put on your preference sheet that you would prefer to be scheduled at Tiki Room more than at JC.

Leave a comment:

• antrossini
    replied

November first @ 12:30

Bah. They don't have my I.D. yet?

It isn't really shabby... I've just got some wispy stuff that needs to be buzzed off...

I was thinking I ought to dress decent...

Haha. Will definitely try to avoid 's's.

Well... If it happens it happens... I can deal with it... I was in comedy sportz in high school...

I suppose it was in my job duties... "delivering spiels."

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

Didn't see your Id card listed

Parking Permit (the temporary paper one) ?

If your hair is shabby, your trainer/lead/manager might mention it. Not negotiable.

Since you'll be going to costuming the t-shirt might get by but it's not a way to make a good first impression

Avoid jokes with 's's

Seriously, if you're concerned, discuss it with your manager but consider giving yourself a chance if they are willing to.

Leave a comment:

• antrossini
    replied

There is a chance I will be a skipper?

I thought you had to audition for that...

I can't do that...

I have a lisp...

Ahhh...

I didn't sign up for that...

Haha.

Crap.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X