This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick hiring question for you guys

I went last Monday to casting to fill out an application and ended up being there for four hours getting interviewed and all. My interviewer she would like to hire me into attractions as soon as my background check comes back OK. I stated on my application that I had a DUI that was reduced to reckless driving back in 1999 so I don't even know if its still on my record or what. So they are already aware of this and there's nothing else that I know about except maybe a civil judgement, and my credit isnt great, but Im working on it.
    Have any of you guys been hired with anything similar to this on your records? I was just curious as to what you guys think my chances are. My interviewer sounded like things looked really good, but you never know! She said it usually takes 2 weeks for them to get this back, but I'm very impatient!!

Re: Quick hiring question for you guys

You should be fine. now if you did not tell them and they found out thats another story

Comment

You don't necessarily have to wait until they get it back.

You can be hired conditionally and then if they find that you didn't report something material they would fire you immediately. They do have to decide about the DUI but if it's that long ago and there has been nothing significant since and no history of minor problems there's reasonably good chance you'll be OK.

There's another recent thread on such a situation.

Good Luck.

Comment

Casting just changed the way they do this. They are now waiting for the background check to clear before they extend a job offer. Security and management was getting tired of Casting hiring people, and then two weeks later the person would be hauled away in the middle of their training for lying on their background check.

Sometimes this past summer you could see new hires being driven away in the back of an Anaheim Police cruiser if the unreported offense was serious enough, or if there were outstanding warrants for the new hire. They make the CM change out of their Disneyland costume and they give them a blank pair of pants and plain shirt to wear to jail before Security hands them over to the police.

I heard management was fed up with so many new hires being fired two weeks after they arrived, and demanded that Casting change its process around so that the background check had to be cleared before the job offer was extended and the person started their training. That's a new change to the previous system.

Comment

It has also been standard policy for at least the last seven years that if you disclose anything on your application they will do the background check before extending a job offer to you.

Comment

I believe Choicepoint is the agency that Disney is using to compile the criminal background reports,most Fortune 500 companies use them. It is Federal Law for any credit reporting agency such as Choicepoint that records can only go back 10 years for public records, so if you have a DUI from 1999 and it is now 8 years back there is a good chance Choicepoint will give Disney this information. If Disney were to investigate the court records themselves via the internet or in person, then they could refuse to hire you because of this record. This a catch 22 when using reporting companies such as Choicepoint, they can only go back 10 years for public records. With the Orange County criminal records being online now and going back to the 1970's, if I were Disney, I would check the court records myself online in addition to using Choicepiont, to catch the criminal activity over 10 years old. But in answer to your question, most likely Choicepoint will tell Disney about a 1999 offense. If you are denied employment you may request a copy of your criminal history report or employment credit bureau report for free from Choicepoint or from whatever company compiled the report. The limitation is 7 years for consumer credit and 10 years for public records: bankruptcy, judgments, criminal convictions.
            Last edited by chrisaustx; 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM.
            http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaustx View Post
              I believe Choicepoint is the agency that Disney is using to compile the criminal background reports,most Fortune 500 companies use them. It is Federal Law for any credit reporting agency such as Choicepoint that records can only go back 10 years for public records, so if you have a DUI from 1999 and it is now 8 years back there is a good chance Choicepoint will give Disney this information. If Disney were to investigate the court records themselves via the internet or in person, then they could refuse to hire you because of this record. This a catch 22 when using reporting companies such as Choicepoint, they can only go back 10 years for public records. With the Orange County criminal records being online now and going back to the 1970's, if I were Disney, I would check the court records myself online in addition to using Choicepiont, to catch the criminal activity over 10 years old. But in answer to your question, most likely Choicepoint will tell Disney about a 1999 offense. If you are denied employment you may request a copy of your criminal history report or employment credit bureau report for free from Choicepoint or from whatever company compiled the report. The limitation is 7 years for consumer credit and 10 years for public records: bankruptcy, judgments, criminal
              convictions.
              Well Im not worried about Disney "finding out anything" as I already wrote DUI reduced to reckless driving on the application, and there's nothing else. I was more worried about not having the greatest credit combined with that. The 2 weeks is almost up, and I haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X