• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westsider
    replied
    Re: Disneyland raises starting wages across the board

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    well the new pay stub for last week just came out still the same rate I guess will see next week. But when it comes to raises i wont believe it till i see it.
    Your pay increase doesn't take effect until Sunday, November 18th. You'll be able to see your new rate on your pay stub that is viewable on Monday, November 26th.

Leave a comment:

• mojavewolfpup
    replied

it's the 18th for 3rd shift custodial. also, new 3rd shift cast members don't get a raise for 5 years, and that's right from the mouse's mouth downstairs in the basement. due to the way the union contracts got signed, it's considered to be a raise already at 9.25/0.75 shift premium, so you don't see a raise for 5 years until this 0.50 cent raise popped out of the wings suddenly (yet the 5 years is probably still in effect, then again who knows if it became longer? gotta check the union books that are always out of stock it seems)

wages are going to have to go far higher for most of the professions on resort property that require high work loads (any form of custodial) and/or high amounts of people interaction. people are dropping like flies due to the horrible wages, yet the profits the company pulls are still fairly hefty, then you have a 1.1 billion dollar toy budget for DCA announced, see the messages being sent here? Barely was that announcement out when you heard all across the park "where's our pay raise?"

Leave a comment:

• mainstreetcm
    replied

All's I know is that stores CM's won't recieve the raise until the 18th (which comes just in time for Thanksgiving week!). It's posted everywhere backstage.
    Last edited by mainstreetcm; 11-12-2007, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Burnt Toast
    replied

Uh. The raises don't go into effect until yesterday... so yah, it wouldn't have been on your last paycheck. :P

Leave a comment:

• DLcastmbr
    replied

well the new pay stub for last week just came out still the same rate I guess will see next week. But when it comes to raises i wont believe it till i see it.

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    My GSM in Attractions was telling me that originally the raise was going to be to $8.53 or something in March... but it somehow wound up being $9.05 starting today instead.
    Some Exec in TDA probably had a psychotic episode and decided to try a crazy idea and see if paying more money would get and keep more CM's.

S/he's probably been sent away for a rest but by then it was too late to rescind it.

Leave a comment:

• Duffy
    replied

yeah, food is foods, has nothing to do with the increase... so were still stuck with the original ammount from Local 50.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

My GSM officially got me in the loop the other day. Yay!

Leave a comment:

• Burnt Toast
    replied

My GSM in Attractions was telling me that originally the raise was going to be to $8.53 or something in March... but it somehow wound up being $9.05 starting today instead.

Leave a comment:

• Burnt Toast
    replied

Originally posted by surfbillab0ng View Post
    i think it's BS how the junior chefs are getting around 17 or 18...or something like that
    idk. it just doesn't seem fair. they dont really do anything.
    That's because the VP of HERE 50 is a Junior Chef. On top of the ridiculous amount he makes as a VP of the union, he had to give himself a raise too... undeserved raise to his Disney salary to what the Pastry Chefs make at the Resort when he's only a Junior Chef.

Oh yah, BTW... Sandi is the President of HERE 50. She makes a ridiculous $60+k a year as of like last year, totally undeserved in my opinion. Poor Foods Cast Members.

... funny thing, Sandi usually does Banquets when she's not in the office from what I hear. Banquets, from what I understand, got a pretty hefty raise as well.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 11-11-2007, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Karnever
    replied

Originally posted by Alpine View Post
    I have never heard a lead who's worked a solid stint as trainer complain about them being the same.

Well im one.... and I know a few more.....

Leave a comment:

• fantoongal
    replied

I've been a lead and trainer for 3.5 years now. Both jobs have their difficulties, but I agree that Lead should be a higher rate. Leads are technically a part of the management team and that supervisory position that is in charge of the day to day operation (staffing, breaks, cash handling, product stock) is worth that extra little bit.

And this is coming from someone who has had hard training weekends. Like 6 new hire cashiers, all by her lonesome, all weekend. All but one is still a CM.

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

Originally posted by Karnever View Post
    yea It would be nice if the raise was across the board for every CM not matter how long.
    exactly why 'just raising the starting pay' isn't as simple as people think.

Besides, a $1/hr increase is a lot to someone making $7/hr... its nothing to someone making $16-$20/hr... well it is something, but not much to 'feel good' about aka not enough to make a moral impact. So people would argue for percentage matches, not $ for $ matches.. which of course gets REAL expensive.

Plus.. you rarely if ever revert increases. So you are across the board increasing your costs by a significant percentage.. forever. No small thing.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

I dunno... I also think lead rate should be more than trainer rate, and I'm applying for trainer.
    It just... makes sense?

Leave a comment:

• Alpine
    replied

Originally posted by Karnever View Post
    yea It would be nice if the raise was across the board for every CM not matter how long. Also make Lead rate more then Trainer rate and not the same as is now........ thanks for that one Union
    I have never heard a lead who's worked a solid stint as trainer complain about them being the same.

Leave a comment:

• fantoongal
    replied

The Jr. Chefs aren't getting $17 or $18. They're getting the same rate as pastry bakers, which starts around $10. Perhaps some are getting a higher wage due to years of service and earned increases.

It is not a rate, compared to the other pastry baker positions, that I feel they deserve though.

However in the contract, the job description of a pastry baker includes mixing batter, which they do. It's lame, but it's technically right.

Leave a comment:

• surfbillab0ng
    replied

i think it's BS how the junior chefs are getting around 17 or 18...or something like that
    idk. it just doesn't seem fair. they dont really do anything.

Leave a comment:

• Karnever
    replied

yea It would be nice if the raise was across the board for every CM not matter how long. Also make Lead rate more then Trainer rate and not the same as is now........ thanks for that one Union

Leave a comment:

• speederscout
    replied

I was sure surprised to hear this from my manager a couple of days ago. Pleasantly surprised!

But it does say a lot about how "effective" our unions are. They need to go the way of the dinosaur, and fast. Worthless!

Leave a comment:

• Burnt Toast
    replied

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
    For Attractions, the starting wage is going up from $8.20 to the new starting wage of $9.05, effective next Sunday.
    Nice. Wonder what my old departments will now be getting, especially the Disney Desks since I was thinking of transferring back there.

... but eh, not like I need the money from my "weekend Disneyland fun job" anyways. I'm only back there because it gives me something to do but once I start craving having full days off again...

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X