Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being a face character...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Being a face character...

    Hi everyone! This is my first post so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.
    My friend and I want to move to Anaheim to work at DL in about a year and we're wondering what is required to be a face character, i.e a princess? After reading through various posts, I heard that you have to be a CM for at least 6th months, but that's about all I know. If you've been any kind of character I just want to know a few basic things, like what to expect, interviewing process, if you get to pick the character you portray, pay (if you don't mind saying), etc. Thanks in advance!


    Photography
    www.flickr.com/photos/erinlarue
    www.sorabelle.deviantart.com

  • #2
    Re: Being a face character...

    Wow....that's tough....to be honest with you....competition for face characters is REALLY tough! You need to have a back up plan if you are really going to move to do this because it's really hard to get a face character job! They hire based on looks....the first thing they do is line you up and if you aren't the right "look" (height, size, etc) they cut you immediately, there are many rounds of auditions and very, very few people actually get hired. They hire people that fit the costume, they don't make the costume to fit the people that they hire. Good luck!

    I don't know what the requirements are but it has been discussed here many times. Here are some links to some past posts. If you want more, go to the search tab and type in face character auditions and you'll see plenty of past threads!

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/face_character_auditions_again-74645p2.html?highlight=face+character+audition

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone_been_character_audition-77343.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/face_character_auditions-70718.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/disneyland_face_characters-48536.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/face_character_audition_question-52878.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/questions_auditioning_face_character-41405.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

    My best score ever!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Being a face character...

      And there's another factor into this. It's called "chemistry", and how well you play off with other CMs.

      Look no further than littlecricket and her collection of videos with those she calls "Epic Hatter and Rapunzel Alice" on the YouTube site. Those two really play each off each other very well.
      Last edited by mouseinphilly; 11-17-2007, 12:28 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Being a face character...

        17goingon3, like the others said it is a difficult process for face characters.

        First your height will be measured. If you are within the correct height for the face characters and DL is auditioning for that particular role you move on. This is granted your body type is correct.

        Secondly your face and bone structure will be looked at. Complexion, skin tone, etc. Colored eye contacts can and must be worn for characters that need them. If casting feels you are appropriate for a character you will move on.

        ***You do not get to choose which role you audition for.***

        Lastly, you will have to learn and perform a dance/movement piece.

        You may be asked questions and you may have to try on a dress or wig.

        Go to the auditions, if you don't make face character try out for fur. You'll have just as much fun!


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Being a face character...

          The requirements are really specific, just go to auditions and if you don't make it the first time go again. Though you DO NOT need to be working for the company already to become a princess. You can hire in as a princess.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Being a face character...

            Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
            Wow....that's tough....to be honest with you....competition for face characters is REALLY tough! You need to have a back up plan if you are really going to move to do this because it's really hard to get a face character job! They hire based on looks....the first thing they do is line you up and if you aren't the right "look" (height, size, etc) they cut you immediately, there are many rounds of auditions and very, very few people actually get hired. They hire people that fit the costume, they don't make the costume to fit the people that they hire. Good luck!

            I don't know what the requirements are but it has been discussed here many times. Here are some links to some past posts. If you want more, go to the search tab and type in face character auditions and you'll see plenty of past threads!

            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/face_character_auditions_again-74645p2.html?highlight=face+character+audition

            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone_been_character_audition-77343.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/face_character_auditions-70718.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/disneyland_face_characters-48536.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/face_character_audition_question-52878.html?&highlight=face+character+audition

            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...acter+audition
            That was really helpful, thank you! But the links didn't work, sadly


            Originally posted by SorcererMickey View Post
            17goingon3, like the others said it is a difficult process for face characters.

            First your height will be measured. If you are within the correct height for the face characters and DL is auditioning for that particular role you move on. This is granted your body type is correct.

            Secondly your face and bone structure will be looked at. Complexion, skin tone, etc. Colored eye contacts can and must be worn for characters that need them. If casting feels you are appropriate for a character you will move on.

            ***You do not get to choose which role you audition for.***

            Lastly, you will have to learn and perform a dance/movement piece.

            You may be asked questions and you may have to try on a dress or wig.

            Go to the auditions, if you don't make face character try out for fur. You'll have just as much fun!
            Well if it helps (maybe you know a bit about the standards for being a face character), here's a bit about what we look like:

            Her: Brown hair & hazel eyes, about 5'4 or so and a slender build. Me: Same thing but I have blue/green eyes and strawberry blond hair. And we're both pale =D

            Also, we would be getting a job at DL and work there before we auditioned, rather than moving down there and hoping we get a part.

            And if you're a 'fur character', is it really as hot inside them as it seems? XD


            Photography
            www.flickr.com/photos/erinlarue
            www.sorabelle.deviantart.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Being a face character...

              Sorry but I'm not casting so a description of you to me won't help. Yes, fur is hot but you can deal with it. If you do greetings your time outside depends on the temp. normal is 30min, 80 degrees=25min, 85=20 min and you get the remainder of the hour off. If you are in parade you will be in costume for close to an hour so get hired in the spring and get used to the heat gradually :lol:. There are no fans or cooling systems in the costumes.


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Being a face character...

                Hey, can someone answer me a dumb question? The very first time I auditioned for Face I made it as far as scripts before I got cut. Now, I don't even make it past the first cuts when I go and my hair dresser said it's because they know now that I'm Canadian. Is that actually a possibility? Or is she being ridiculous in thinking that's the only reason I'm not getting anywhere? (Don't worry, I won't fly off the handle and go insane psycho-path girl. Disappointed yes, but I won't go nutso).
                Last edited by Smoozie; 11-27-2007, 07:08 PM.
                Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse! :ap:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Being a face character...

                  It could be that they were looking for people in your height range the first audition and now they aren't.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Being a face character...

                    Are there any characters that hire easily?


                    Photography
                    www.flickr.com/photos/erinlarue
                    www.sorabelle.deviantart.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Being a face character...

                      Usually if you're under 5' or over 6' and you can move well you have a better chance for fur characters.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Being a face character...

                        I'm 5'4".


                        Photography
                        www.flickr.com/photos/erinlarue
                        www.sorabelle.deviantart.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Being a face character...

                          Sorry the links didn't work but if you just type in face character auditions into the search tab you'll see a lot of threads!

                          Here's the URL for the auditions webpage

                          http://corporate.disney.go.com/audit...and/index.html

                          I say keep looking on the website, if you see something that might work for you, take a chance and give it a shot! If you get it, GREAT! If you don't...treat yourself to a day at DL! Either way, you're a happy camper!

                          My best score ever!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Being a face character...

                            Originally posted by Smoozie View Post
                            Hey, can someone answer me a dumb question? The very first time I auditioned for Face I made it as far as scripts before I got cut. Now, I don't even make it past the first cuts when I go and my hair dresser said it's because they know now that I'm Canadian. Is that actually a possibility? Or is she being ridiculous in thinking that's the only reason I'm not getting anywhere? (Don't worry, I won't fly off the handle and go insane psycho-path girl. Disappointed yes, but I won't go nutso).
                            I seriously doubt is has anything to do with you being Canadian. People go to the auditions various times and are cut at different stages. It could be they're just looking for a certain character that day, say Cruella, and you just don't fit that look. Others have gone to auditions 5 or 6 times before finally being chosen. It's just the way it works.

                            But I don't want to go among MAD people!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Being a face character...

                              thanks littlecricket and Sorceremickey. It was just this crazy irrational fear I had.
                              Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse! :ap:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X