This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Disneyland Resort Cast Shuttle

LOL and what- do we use our Portal/Hub ID's to Login? :-P Meh- I'm just careful about what I say- and I suggest others do the same. For the most part it's pretty well done, though a few things have been discussed where I wanted to reply but couldn't. It's kind of frustrating at that point where you climb the dreaded wall of 'conflict of interest', 'dispensing company secrets', and all that fun stuff mixed in with the exclamation point banging in my mind about the freedom of speech. This recipe makes a great fruit salad of a headache and I usually end up just closing my web browser and coming back later when I can think clearly. Even though I'm done there- I still feel the obligation to live up to the same expectations I would as if I still were a CM...wierd huh..

Comment

Not weird at all; totally understandable. I feel that way when I have to run an errand on my way to or from work: when I've got that costume on I represent the company, whether I'm on the clock or not.

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout View Post
        Not weird at all; totally understandable. I feel that way when I have to run an errand on my way to or from work: when I've got that costume on I represent the company, whether I'm on the clock or not.
        I totally agree and I wish more CM's felt this way.

:ot:
        In fact, though I may be hated, I think getting rid of fast track would help to decrease the kind of behavior that looks bad on the company. I personally wouldn't mind if I couldn't wear my costume home.
        :ot:

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout View Post
          Hope this doesn't sound too "elitist", but sometimes I think it'd be great to have a CM-only lounge... if only so we could discuss our jobs without having to explain it to everyone all the time.
          You should consider going Gold and starting a private club. Then you can set the stipulation that you have to be a current or past CM to join.

Problem solved!

:yea:
          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Taking costumes home starts another debate with me... I remember the first time I saw a Cast Member walking down MY street in Costume. Even had his nametag on. Kinda gross... the best part was 4 months later when I saw him walking down my street again.. wearing a Taco Dell (you choose which one it was...TB or DT...) outfit. I guess it didn't work out in Theme Parks...

Comment

Yes they are off the 91 freeway between Lakewood Blvd. and Downey Ave going West. They are located in a maintenance yard with other shuttles. I was going by there the other day on my way home and I looked out my windown and said "Hey Look the cast shuttles are down there!" No one cared but yeah they're not at DL. I was gonna make a post about it but was beat to it. Kinda random to see something like that in Paramount/Bellflower.

It looked like they were getting some TLC. I was pretty sure that the cast bus was being worked on when I passed and looked to be getting a wash. Maybe they are getting an upgrade. They are some new Cast shuttles at the resort right now so it looks like the old ones will be back soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by youcancallmechris View Post
                Taking costumes home starts another debate with me... I remember the first time I saw a Cast Member walking down MY street in Costume. Even had his nametag on. Kinda gross... the best part was 4 months later when I saw him walking down my street again.. wearing a Taco Dell (you choose which one it was...TB or DT...) outfit. I guess it didn't work out in Theme Parks...
                a little OT I know, but I have to jump in on this one- when I go as a guest to DLR I HATE seeing CMs that just got off work, sitting in the 15 min. parking waiting for rides or walking down the street- all in costume!!! Last time there was a HM cm, talking on his cell phone, smoking, and wearing a huge blue (i think) backpack, while waiting for a ride.... uh... bad show anyone??

I don't want to sound like I'm being elitist or anything- I know that we're lucky to have CM parking lots behind each park in orlando and that DLR just isn't set up like that.... but it kills me! ha

Comment

I sense a little hostility here:

okay fine I admit I am not a cast member, but I am posting here(and on other cm forums) because I am gathering info. I am curious, I am kicking around the possibility of becominng a cm and the info I gather might come in handy. however, I do not see in the rules that non cms are barred from this and all other cm forums. so , with this settled, I appreciate my question answered(although it took two attempts. one should have been sufficient) and please, in the future, dont make obvious statements to the fact that I am not a cm, and JUST ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE????? :rant:

do I troll? no.
                  do I attack anyone?? heck no.
                  would I?? heck no.
                  I have the utmost respect for all cast members. you all do a heck of a great job. each time I go to the disneyland resort I have a great time. I take my hat off and salute you all.

however I am confused::: whats wrong with a non cm asking a question on a cm forum??????
                  Last edited by disneyfan07; 12-12-2007, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post

okay fine I admit I am not a cast member, but I am posting here(and on other cm forums) because I am gathering info. I am curious, I am kicking around the possibility of becominng a cm and the info I gather might come in handy. however, I do not see in the rules that non cms are barred from this and all other cm forums. so , with this settled, I appreciate my question answered(although it took two attempts. one should have been sufficient) and please, in the future, dont make obvious statements to the fact that I am not a cm, and JUST ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTIONS PLEASE????? :rant:
                    Relax dude.

If you really want to know what happens, go get a job there, and hang out with other cast members. No need to gather information, you learn all of this while working there. You are not expected to know when hiring in what K-Lot is, what BOH means, What the team center sells, or what the 4 keys are. You learn all of that. Remember, just because one person replies to your post, it is still there, you don't need a "second attempt" it will get answered.

Go get a job, you have very little to lose, and you will enjoy yourself, i have met so many great friends at Disney, and it is like high school without the graduation or drama. Well, graduation anyway.

Comment

okay fine I admit I am not a cast member, but I am posting here(and on other cm forums) because I am gathering info. I am curious, I am kicking around the possibility of becominng a cm and the info I gather might come in handy. however, I do not see in the rules that non cms are barred from this and all other cm forums. so , with this settled, I appreciate my question answered(although it took two attempts. one should have been sufficient) and please, in the future, dont make obvious statements to the fact that I am not a cm, and JUST ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE????? :rant:

do I troll? no.
                      do I attack anyone?? heck no.
                      would I?? heck no.
                      I have the utmost respect for all cast members. you all do a heck of a great job. each time I go to the disneyland resort I have a great time. I take my hat off and salute you all.

however I am confused::: whats wrong with a non cm asking a question on a cm forum??????
                      For the record, I did:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=17

It's the employee parking lot off Katella and Clementine.

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
                        For the record, I did:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=17

It's the employee parking lot off Katella and Clementine.
                        AKA Satan's Lot.

I am a Ball/Simba Person.

Comment

Originally posted by DLDCALVR View Post
                          Relax dude.

If you really want to know what happens, go get a job there, and hang out with other cast members. No need to gather information, you learn all of this while working there. You are not expected to know when hiring in what K-Lot is, what BOH means, What the team center sells, or what the 4 keys are. You learn all of that. Remember, just because one person replies to your post, it is still there, you don't need a "second attempt" it will get answered.

Go get a job, you have very little to lose, and you will enjoy yourself, i have met so many great friends at Disney, and it is like high school without the graduation or drama. Well, graduation anyway.

cool thanks. i have heard its a great place to work.(I will have to think about two options though: moving to anaheim or commuting between ridgecrest and anaheim)

Comment

Originally posted by kcw View Post
                            a little OT I know, but I have to jump in on this one- when I go as a guest to DLR I HATE seeing CMs that just got off work, sitting in the 15 min. parking waiting for rides or walking down the street- all in costume!!! Last time there was a HM cm, talking on his cell phone, smoking, and wearing a huge blue (i think) backpack, while waiting for a ride.... uh... bad show anyone??

I don't want to sound like I'm being elitist or anything- I know that we're lucky to have CM parking lots behind each park in orlando and that DLR just isn't set up like that.... but it kills me! ha
                            I am all for them not letting us take costumes home if they bookend our shifts 30 minutes on both sides (adding 10 minutes to the twenty we already have, and giving us 30 from the begining) or allowing us to clock in and out at costuming.

Comment

cool thanks. i have heard its a great place to work.(I will have to think about two options though: moving to anaheim or commuting between ridgecrest and anaheim)
                              It really depends what department though, I love ODV, and I love the people, i just HATE HATE HATE being a Vendor/ Barista. It gets lonely out there, and it is hard for me to cross train onto anything else, because i am still a minor.

If you want that togetherness, i would go into Operations (either Custodial or Attractions). They seem to be the most tight knit of all the departments for whatever reason. As a vendor in ODV, we only see our fellow Cast Members for 2 hours a shift, tops.

Comment

You are not expected to know when hiring in what K-Lot is, what BOH means, What the team center sells, or what the 4 keys are. You learn all of that
                                All riiiight. Got all that. Sometimes you ODV kids have wacky lingo.
                                Ok, so does attractions, but yeah.

Comment

Ugh. I would hate not being able to bring me costume home, for multiple reasons.

1. The Monorail costume...you find that one jacket that is true to size, still in presentable shape with all it's buttons and stitching in place, the fur collar still soft and not stiff and nasty looking...then you hang on to that sucker for as long as you possibly can. You won't find it again if you let it go.

Same goes with the pants. The shirt is pretty universal, though the sizes are completely off. Sometimes I need a shirt 3x's the size I usually get, sometimes the same size and sometimes the size beneath.

2. They never have pants in my length! When I get pulled to wearing the generic TL costume, I have a choice of either really long pants or really short pants. My size is also quite popular and it is rare to find the right size...I end up looking like I've either been painted into my pants or am trying to wear enough fabric to smuggle Mickey Mouse out with. Very bad show. But what else can you do when the sizes aren't there?

3. Currently, I leave 2 hours early to get to work. If I had to visit costuming each time, I would have to leave 3 or more hours early. Simply because I would have to check out a costume, then change back into my normal clothes to go back and check out a different size or a different shirt/pant/jacket that is the actual size that it says it is. I know you can all feel the pain on that one.

Unless we went back to where each CM had their own costumes and you go and check out from the costuming CM the pants/shirts or whatever with your name in them...that would work and you could guarantee that they would fit. Otherwise, taking costumes home is very beneficial, in my opinion. If they made a rule or stipulation that we couldn't wear them from or to work, then added an extra 10 minutes to our walk time as was suggested...I could understand that...
                                  sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

I am all for them not letting us take costumes home if they bookend our shifts 30 minutes on both sides (adding 10 minutes to the twenty we already have, and giving us 30 from the begining) or allowing us to clock in and out at costuming.

They didn't have it before. I don't really think that we need that extra now. It's a nice thing on Disney's part to even give us the walk time. There are other jobs where you need to be wearing a company issued uniform and you don't get a walk/changing time.

The 20 min is ok to me. It doesn't really take me more than 10 min to get a costume and change (less when I got costumes at Toontown). Walking is another time commiment altogether. Eh, I still don't think it's that big a deal. But I guess when you're walking to ODV it's a bit of a hike.

Comment

Seeing that I'm one of the few folks that remember a time before FastTrack or CDS or GEMs... I have to chime in real quick.

I'd rather take my costume home since I work in a department where I don't get dirty easily (like I did when I worked in Foods). I do miss having my own locker though.

Why so? Well, for one I like washing my own clothes. I use my own preferred detergent that I know my body won't have a problem with... I know that my costume will be clean... and I won't have to give it up and risk not being able to get another piece that is the right size, because I just keep the costumes that I have that fits perfectly.

However, I also am not the sort of Cast Member that will go out drinking or partying with my costume on. I always try to bring something that I can cover up in (an shirt, a jacket, etc. etc.). Pants on the other hand are a pain to carry around with you though. Anyways, I try to cover up my costume with some sort of outer layer, except for my pants most of the time.

I try not to run errands while in costume, even though you're allowed to, because I don't like the looks that I get because I'm wearing weird colors or suspenders but there have been sometimes where I stop off at the local Albertsons and get groceries... but again, I try to at least have a jacket on or something so I look somewhat normal.

Now if I still worked in Foods, I'd rather just change out my costume with Costuming at the end of every shift... but I can basically still do that under the current era of FastTrack.

Anyways... when I'm off the clock, waiting to meet with someone to sign them in or something... if I'm on property and still in Costume, I still act like I'm on the clock and follow all On Stage guidelines. It irks me to no end when I see costumed CMs at 15 minute parking and they are chatting away on their cell phone or smoking or whatever.
                                      Last edited by Burnt Toast; 12-13-2007, 03:27 AM.
                                      Burnt Toast
                                      The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
                                        Seeing that I'm one of the few folks that remember a time before FastTrack or CDS or GEMs... I have to chime in real quick.

I'd rather take my costume home since I work in a department where I don't get dirty easily (like I did when I worked in Foods). I do miss having my own locker though.

Why so? Well, for one I like washing my own clothes. I use my own preferred detergent that I know my body won't have a problem with... I know that my costume will be clean... and I won't have to give it up and risk not being able to get another piece that is the right size, because I just keep the costumes that I have that fits perfectly.

However, I also am not the sort of Cast Member that will go out drinking or partying with my costume on. I always try to bring something that I can cover up in (an shirt, a jacket, etc. etc.). Pants on the other hand are a pain to carry around with you though. Anyways, I try to cover up my costume with some sort of outer layer, except for my pants most of the time.

I try not to run errands while in costume, even though you're allowed to, because I don't like the looks that I get because I'm wearing weird colors or suspenders but there have been sometimes where I stop off at the local Albertsons and get groceries... but again, I try to at least have a jacket on or something so I look somewhat normal.

Now if I still worked in Foods, I'd rather just change out my costume with Costuming at the end of every shift... but I can basically still do that under the current era of FastTrack.

Anyways... when I'm off the clock, waiting to meet with someone to sign them in or something... if I'm on property and still in Costume, I still act like I'm on the clock and follow all On Stage guidelines. It irks me to no end when I see costumed CMs at 15 minute parking and they are chatting away on their cell phone or smoking or whatever.
                                        And this week's RumRunner's Favorite CM award goes to....BURNT TOAST!
                                        Anywho, I am in a similar position, and like taking home my costume for the same reason as your first one. To expand: our costumes are made very poorly, and no "size 14" is anywhere near the same, so turning in and getting a new costume is a HUGE pain in the butt for us. Also, we're supposed to be "the MODEL Disney Look" and I can't do that if every time I turn in a dirty shirt thinking I can pick up a clean one, they are OUT of my size. So I agree, taking home your costume is WAY more convenient as long as you know that no matter where you are; if you are in costume, you act as if you are on stage.

That said, I have been at the gas station just off Katella in my uniform and had people come up to me for directions to a Starbucks or something and when I couldn't tell them off the top of my head (I don't drink coffee OR live in Anaheim) they started YELLING at me at the gas station because they "thought that costume means you're supposed to KNOW something!". I learned very fast to get out and pay, start the pump, then get back in the truck and hide if you're in costume.
                                        Last edited by RumRunner31; 12-13-2007, 07:18 AM. Reason: i caint spelll.
                                        "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by RumRunner31 View Post
                                          And this week's RumRunner's Favorite CM award goes to....BURNT TOAST!
                                          Aw shucks... I'm just a corporate plant trying to spread my evil Company propaga...

... nevermind.

:lol:

Originally posted by RumRunner31 View Post
                                          That said, I have been at the gas station just off Katella in my uniform and had people come up to me for directions to a Starbucks or something and when I couldn't tell them off the top of my head (I don't drink coffee OR live in Anaheim) they started YELLING at me at the gas station because they "thought that costume means you're supposed to KNOW something!". I learned very fast to get out and pay, start the pump, then get back in the truck and hide if you're in costume.
                                          Never had that happen to me, even though for something quick I don't bother to cover up... like getting gas and I'm standing out in my car. Most of the time I forget to take off my hat, but that's because I look so darn cute with it on.
                                          Burnt Toast
                                          The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X