This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest Land/Attraction to get hired to

What would you say is the Land/Attraction that most CMs want to find themselves working in? What would you say is the hardest Land/Attraction to get hired to?

Re: Hardest Land/Attraction to get hired to

In my experience, wherever you hire in to, becomes your home. I wouldn't leave Tomorrowland for another land for any reason. I'd have to say the lands have a friendly rivalry going on between them...we all think our land is the best.
    sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

lol, you need to love the Land you call home!

I know they give you an opportunity to request a Land, and Ride, though that doesn't mean thats what you're going to get.

Comment

Really, it's up to whatever is in need of labor at that time. You don't have too much of a say, to be honest.
        And Kriskitty is right. I didn't originally ask for NOCC, but it has definitely become my home.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
          And Kriskitty is right. I didn't originally ask for NOCC, but it has definitely become my home.
          Same here, but I did lot of my time there on Fantasmic!

Comment

Yeah, but now GC is mostly landlocked as well. I mean, most people have at least one Fantasmic! shift, but they tend to be few and far between.

Comment

I had about a weeks worth of Fantasmic! shifts when I first hired in...thank the Lord that I got trained on other Attractions quickly and haven't had to work it since. I love gso shifts, but haaaate Fantasmic!...love the show, hate working it. Well, to each their own...
              sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

Man, there is so much truth to this thread! When I came on board I absolutely did NOT want to be in DCA, and I ESPECIALLY did not want to be on the pier!!! Guess where I ended up.

Well, my home attraction is on the "Pier" side of the park, but not on the pier itself (though I'm working there now as well). And guess what? I don't want to leave! It's truly and honestly now my home.

Yes, you can 'request' a land or attraction, but a 'request' is all it is. If you want to work at the resort you accept what they offer. Given enough time you can transfer around, though you may just fall in love with where you initially end up. And if you're only going to be there for a short period you probably won't be there long enough to cross-train onto another attraction anyway.

And GSO shifts = WAY FUN.

Comment

NOS Club 33.

Comment

and yeah....I consider the Club an Attraction.

Comment

In my traditions group, someone was new hiring into the club.

Comment

My nephew worked in 33 for the summer in '06, also as a new hire.

Comment

I think whatever position you hire into you make the magic. Serious though when I was hired into ODV I was like YUCK. But in the end it was a lot of fun. You hardly worked the same position twice. Always in a different location of the park. Once I worked GLOW 49 I believe which is outside the main gates, talk about being alone and unloved. I actually sparked up a conversation with the balloon ODV from DCA. He was telling me about how there's this thing between DCA CM and Disneyland CM. I thought it was funny this thing went on. Does it still? That's my 2 cents. Have fun

Comment

Easiest position to get hired into that location- Dish Steward.

Comment

I'm new to MiceChat, but worked at DL starting back in 1995. Back then, there were difficult attractions to get trained on. As the years went on, things started to change to where it became very easy to get trained on higher profile attractions.

There was a period of time, in fact, when new-hires were getting trained at locations like Thunder, Space and Monorail. When CM's don't have something to work for, they lack experience and a sense of ownership in their new location.

Thankfully, those attractions are once again cross-train locations only. While I can't say for sure if the selection process for those attractions are as stringent as they were pre-1990's, I do know that the amount of time it takes to be cross-trained these days is much quicker than it used to be.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X