This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about application process/interview

My parents have been bugging me non-stop ever since I said that working at Disneyland is something I might consider doing now that i'm out of school, so I have some questions if you don't mind helping me out.

First off - does it make a difference when I go for an interview/fill out an application if I don't currently live in California? (at least first, I want to see if I can get the job before moving out there). Can you go there at any time and fill out an application or are there certain times in the year/moth/day when you can only apply?

2nd - After you fill out an application, do you get an interview that day or are you called back a few days later? If that day, how long does it usually take?

3rd - say i'm applying for guest relations, what do they look for in a potential employee?

4th - The building where you go to apply, how far is it from the park? Or is it in the park (sorry if this is a dumb question, but i'm clueless here)

I would like to know because I may consider making a park trip out of the interview but leaving one day for just the interview/application process, because my parents said they would help me out with the trip if I needed.

Thanks for the help and advice!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: A few questions about application process/interview

I wouldn't even consider it unless you were going to make it a career. There are much better jobs out there. Part time and full time. Unless you plan on being there for a while and moving up in the company
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

1. Not really. A friend and myself got jobs at Disneyland while we lived in another state. It happens. Provide them with something other than a moody teenager, and I don't think they'll mind.

2. As for whether you get an interview that day. It depends, if there is a Job Fair going on: yes. If not, : maybe. It depends if the recruiter you want is present at the moment.

3. Guest Relations really does prefer not to have 'new-hires' but have cast members transfer into their department. But here's really what you need to know for any location. Be bright, and out going. Think of whenever you've gone to the park and the positive attitude that you remember from cast members. Emulate that.
      Dress decently. This does not mean you need a jacket and tie. But don't show up in a mohawk or a pajamas or jeans. No joke, people do and are completely blown away that they aren't even considered.

4. The building you apply at is on park property. It's on the backside of the park. It's right off of Ball rd. you just turn in at Cast Place, and just follow the signs.

Somethings to consider.
      1- Money. If you don't live in California, of course you'll be moving. It is impossible to live in California by yourself on Disney wages, simply put. There is no way around it. Unless you are getting financial help from parents, or can room with friends or have a spouse or whatever, you can't do it by yourself unless you get a 2nd or 3rd job.

2- Schedules. Disney shifts are primarily when other jobs have it off. That means working weekends, holidays, and evenings. Folks may be promised that they can have those off at Casting- but casting is either lying or is misinformed. Starting off, you will always get the worst shifts. They will be closing shifts, and your weekends will be gone.

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
      My parents have been bugging me non-stop ever since I said that working at Disneyland is something I might consider doing now that i'm out of school, so I have some questions if you don't mind helping me out.

First off - does it make a difference when I go for an interview/fill out an application if I don't currently live in California? (at least first, I want to see if I can get the job before moving out there). Can you go there at any time and fill out an application or are there certain times in the year/moth/day when you can only apply?

2nd - After you fill out an application, do you get an interview that day or are you called back a few days later? If that day, how long does it usually take?

3rd - say i'm applying for guest relations, what do they look for in a potential employee?

4th - The building where you go to apply, how far is it from the park? Or is it in the park (sorry if this is a dumb question, but i'm clueless here)

I would like to know because I may consider making a park trip out of the interview but leaving one day for just the interview/application process, because my parents said they would help me out with the trip if I needed.

Thanks for the help and advice!!
      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

but there are plenty of CMs who room with each other here its almost like a college lmao!! May i ask what your major is or do you mean high school? If you mean high school maybe u can ask your parents to go to college down here get a loan or scholorship and live down here for cheap. I dunno im just saying. Im not ashamed to say i work at dland and live at the parents (im 20 i can still get away with it ) free rent, utilities, and food LMAO
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

I hired into Guest Relations as a new hire, PM me if you want any specifics
          "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
            but there are plenty of CMs who room with each other here its almost like a college lmao!! May i ask what your major is or do you mean high school? If you mean high school maybe u can ask your parents to go to college down here get a loan or scholorship and live down here for cheap. I dunno im just saying. Im not ashamed to say i work at dland and live at the parents (im 20 i can still get away with it ) free rent, utilities, and food LMAO
            I recently graduated with a bach of arts degree in History.

And RumRunner31, thanks! I will probably pm you soon with some specific questions!!
            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X