This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working @ Disneyland for fun!!

My friends thought I was nutts to work at Disneyland last Summer for the FUN of it! I get the summers off and wanted to do something fun. Anyone else ever do this??? It was probably one of the best summers I had. I guess it was fun because I knew it was only for a short period of time and nothing else. Miss my friends and the park. Haven't been back since last summer. YIKES...

Re: Working @ Disneyland for fun!!

I was in the college program in 2001- I was totally broke and loved every second of it. I moved to california from Arizona for the summer just for the experience of working (and I was in day custodial- we have more fun than anyone!)

So you are not alone. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

If I could, I so would!!
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I'm entering the WDW college program for a year :S
        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Well ... we sure as hell know you weren't doin it for the money so I say ... ROCK ON!
          Originally posted by drunkmom
          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Yeah, the money was just enough to cover the gas $$$ to get down there. I do feel for those C.M's who work there to make ends meet. Having a job nowadays is harder than people think. Even the Disney Professional jobs don't pay very well when compared to public/private sector. It's all about being able to work for the fun of it.

Comment

Looked into Accouting in DL, what a joke what they offer for pay....will keep my "real" job for a while. I don't liike to work (who does), but what I get paid takes care of DL's pay in around 7 hours of work......still want to work in the Park one day!
              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

"Yeah, the money was just enough to cover the gas $$$ to get down there. I do feel for those C.M's who work there to make ends meet. Having a job nowadays is harder than people think. Even the Disney Professional jobs don't pay very well when compared to public/private sector. It's all about being able to work for the fun of it."

I don't know... Disney certainly pays a lot better than Knott's or Six Flags, and for what the job descriptions actually are, I think it's pretty reasonable compensation. That said, I definately would mind a raise! :-D
                -David

Comment

I loved it, and someday I plan to go back again...the big thing that got me though was scheduling...after that, all the probably more so now than then, would be petrol...I commuted 180 miles round trip to work at that park...it meant the world to me...I'd deffinetly need either a higher paying position or to move closer...both wouldn't be bad of course...
                  šoš.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
                  ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
                  (:ap:..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
                  .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
                  .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
                  MySpace.com/JivinJonno

Comment

i worked at DL this summer for free. in fact, it was through ROP. i worked in the Blue Bayou and was very VERY happy there. until i was told that it was time to move on. after two weeks of training, the summer class was over. it was lame. my manager was even a little disappointed that it could end so quickly. i am going to reapply next summer, and get paid. many CMs were amazed that i would want to work there without pay. lol, it was just a wonderful experience for me. i can't wait till next summer.
                    I find signatures are overrated. Except for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfanatic89
                      i worked at DL this summer for free. in fact, it was through ROP. i worked in the Blue Bayou and was very VERY happy there. until i was told that it was time to move on. after two weeks of training, the summer class was over. it was lame. my manager was even a little disappointed that it could end so quickly. i am going to reapply next summer, and get paid. many CMs were amazed that i would want to work there without pay. lol, it was just a wonderful experience for me. i can't wait till next summer.
                      k sorry but ROP is horrible!!! I did ROP so I know you had Gretchen...she was mean and only thinks about herself (seriously)...it's cool for the school credits but I would never do it again...sitting in that class room everyday..straight from school...to more school? It was cool like the first week, getting to go "backstage" at TDA and disneyland, I was fascinated by this at first...than about a week later it dies and is soo boring..anyways just wanted to get that off my chest, so boring (sorry)

Comment

Getting paid for having fun is the way I think of it. I don't think I have ever had a job were I would rather be working than be at home doing nothing. I don't even really see it as work.

Comment

The way i look at it is that i get paid to have fun in Disneyland. It never felt like work because i would always have so much fun. The money was the least important thing for me.
                          <o>

Comment

Snappy, I SOOO envy you! I'd love to be able to work at the park just for the fun of it. Even now, with all of the extra pressure thats put on the CMs.
                            Last edited by speederscout; 11-09-2005, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLCM
                              The way i look at it is that i get paid to have fun in Disneyland. It never felt like work because i would always have so much fun. The money was the least important thing for me.
                              Hey, it's part of the reason I'm doing the college program I mean... it's your JOB to have FUN! (or at least look like you are... and I'm an actor so I do that all the time anyways)

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
                              My MySpace... or...My Facebook
                              Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X