This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonlit Madness eligibility

Does anybody know if ROP "non-employees" are eligible to attend MMM? So far I think I qualify -- age minimum, CM, etc. -- but one of the differences in being ROP is that I have no employee discount and can't admit anyone except myself into the park. MMM involves the CM's family/friends, so would this affect my ability to go?
    .~Adrienne~.

Re: Moonlit Madness eligibility

I don't know about ROP, but I'm pretty sure that CP and OPs (like the employees of Downtown Disney stores) are eligible. Actually, I probably would think that ROP doesn't necessarily consider you as a CM at all (hence lack of CM discounts)...

Best folks to ask would be either Cast Activities or the TEAM Center folks, they'd know.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Well, here's our answer from the registration packet rules:

"Teams must have exactly four (4) members who are each at least 16 years old. At least one (1) member of the team must be a Cast Member or Employee (active or retired) of The Walt Disney Company. Each team must have a Captain, and that person must be a Cast Member or an Employee. ROP students, consultants, contractors, and Disneyland Resort Operating Participants are not eligible to serve as Captain."

So you'll be able to participate, but you won't be able to Captain your own team.

... and it looks like this year's theme is... cows?
      Last edited by Burnt Toast; 04-04-2008, 11:31 AM.
      Burnt Toast

Comment

What is the date of MMM this year?

Comment

Tuesday, May 20th. Registration packets are finally on the HUB (click on "Disney Difference" then scroll down to the "Cast Activities" section).

Yah. This year's theme is... cows. So weird.
          Burnt Toast

Comment

Alright thanks for the information, Burnt Toast... yeah, it gets a little confusing, because only so much separates me from actual Cast Member-hood. Or -ship. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to join someone else's team!
            .~Adrienne~.

Comment

oo i need to register, i became a cast member like right after registration was done last year

Comment

Arg, I've always wanted to do this-- I'm coming up on my third opportunity to do so... but who the heck would I have on my team?!
                Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by melmel View Post
                  Arg, I've always wanted to do this-- I'm coming up on my third opportunity to do so... but who the heck would I have on my team?!
                  <jumps up and down raising hand> Pick me! Pick me! :wave:
                  Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                  Charter Member

Comment

I'll do it with you melmel =P I think i ran into you at the may 4th drinkup so it's kind've like we know each other... right?

Comment

may 4th drinkup? in what YEAR? i haven't gone to anything micechat related since 2005-- and even then, i don't think i ever attended an official event-- just visited the park on sundays.
                      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

well there was only may 5th meet so that'd be the year didn't go to the may 5th meet of course, but went to the may 4th drinkup ;P you stopped by after your bayou shift ended i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
                          Yah. This year's theme is... cows. So weird.
                          It's all part of the bovine uprising. Last year they were in charge of plaques, this year the entire event...next year the world!

Last year's 3rd place plaque:
                          The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

Comment

I remember the 10th annual event the prizes was all aluminum projects. It was a bucket with like a few soda cans, some other random aluminum stuff, and a package of aluminum wrap. I was like "wtf" since the year before when the team I captained won, we got a pretty nifty little 3D photo plaque thing of the Team Disney Anaheim building (that year's theme, "The Big Yellow Building").

I did notice that lately the prizes have been cool though.
                            Burnt Toast

Comment

i wanted to sign up
                              but whenever i go to the hub it says page error please try again

is it too late?
                              "The past can hurt. You can either run from it or learn from it."- The Lion King

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X