Atmosphere Character Auditions - Is weight an issue?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SavannaQueen
    New MiceChatter
    • Sep 2006

Atmosphere Character Auditions - Is weight an issue?

So I'm currently a CM at Nemo, but I'm looking to transfer to atmosphere characters. The audition is in early June, and I was wondering if any former/current atmosphere characters could give me some pointers on the audition.

Also, I'm about 5'10" and around 250, would this be an issue for the audition? I can move around like I weigh 100 pounds less, and I'm a very animated person in my everyday life. Would my height and weight instantly disqualify me from auditioning, though?
  • ashley solo
    cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm
    • May 2007

Re: Atmosphere Character Auditions - Is weight an issue?

I've always wondered that myself. I don't know how weight could be an issue for like... Eeyore. As long as you can fit in the costume...

I really don't know though.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

• kcw
      • Jun 2006

no, it wouldn't instantly disqualify you from auditioning, but to be honest, it will impact you if you were to make it- you could get disapproved from being friends with certain characters if they don't fit right. I wouldn't let that keep you from auditioning though- don't stress about it and go audition to the best of your abilities!

Comment

• WeWantsTheRed'ead
        I have a mole?!
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by kcw View Post
        no, it wouldn't instantly disqualify you from auditioning, but to be honest, it will impact you if you were to make it- you could get disapproved from being friends with certain characters if they don't fit right. I wouldn't let that keep you from auditioning though- don't stress about it and go audition to the best of your abilities!
        I've never heard this term before... is that what they call it when you are assigned to portray a character?
        .~Adrienne~.

Comment

• JustALittleChange
          some imagination huh?
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by WeWantsTheRed'ead View Post
          I've never heard this term before... is that what they call it when you are assigned to portray a character?
          Yes. Much like certain people in the parade are "pageant helpers" or "character look-a-likes" (which is what it's described as on audition flyers for face characters). It's the PC Disney term to keep the magic going

Comment

• kcw
            • Jun 2006

^^^ yup, sorry, i'm not sure if the CA side uses the "friends with" term so much, I know that in FL we don't call them pageant performers at all.....

Comment

• JeffYardDog
              MiceChatter
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by JustALittleChange View Post
              Yes. Much like certain people in the parade are "pageant helpers" or "character look-a-likes" (which is what it's described as on audition flyers for face characters). It's the PC Disney term to keep the magic going
              Meaning a euphemistic term for a parasitic infestation ?

Comment

• kcw
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                Meaning a euphemistic term for a parasitic infestation ?
                so apparently the ent vs. every other dept. animosity doesn't exist solely on the east coast?? :thumbdown lol

Comment

• BWthespian
                  • Feb 2006

Unfortunately........

Comment

• SorcererMickey
                    WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
                    • Nov 2006

To the opening question Yes, size is an issue. You need to be the right height and body type for the costumes. You do not get hired for only one character (Eeyore), you must also be able to fit in a majority of the costumes in your height range.

Comment

• DisneyMouse
                      Don't lets be silly! �o�
                      • Jun 2006

I have the opposite problem. I'm only 5'10" (which seems like the death height for guys applying for Characters) on a good day (reads more at 5'9"). Though I only weigh 135lbs soaking wet. Not to mention I'm not a dancer, though I was a school mascot for four years (in a full body suit).

So, on the other end of the scale, would it hindrance to be skinny as a guy, while auditioning (for Fuzzies; and say face as well, but I don't have that boyish clear face they tend to look for.)?

I'd also like to reiterate the OP question: The audition is on the 14th of June, and I was wondering if any former/current atmosphere characters could give me some pointers on the audition. Any information would be wonderful! Thank you all!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X