Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

    http://modernsenior.net/ I found this on a Senior Website, and thought it would make for interesting reading for us MiceChatters who are a bit older than most of you.

    HUMOR:
    THE PERKS OF BEING OVER 50
    Contributed by James Kelly

    • Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
    • In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.
    • People call at 8 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
    • No one expects you to run into a burning building.
    • Peope no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
    • There's nothing left to learn the hard way.
    • Things you buy now won't wear out.
    • You can eat dinner at 4 p.m.
    • You can live without sex, but not without glasses.
    • You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.
    • You get into a heated argument about pension plans.
    • You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
    • You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
    • You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
    • Your eyes won't get much worse.
    • Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
    • Your joints are more accurate in predicting rain than the National Weather Service.
    • Your secrets are safe with your friends, because they can't remember them either.
    • Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
    • You won't remember where you saw this.
    • I don't remember where I published this.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-22-2008, 11:51 AM.
    BarbaraAnn


  • #2
    Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

    I admit that I found that on a senior citizen website. Technically, I am not a senior citizen yet, since no Social Security check comes to my house. My husband is about 5 years away from applying for his first Social Security checks.

    I figured, the older of us MiceChatters could have a place to hang out here in the Fun and Games Lounge. I spend most of my time here anyway.

    Come, and talk about an issue, or just talk about your day.

    I like to talk, and I can listen as well.
    BarbaraAnn

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

      HI Barbara. here i am, and I am old :lol: (ok i jsut have more storeis to tell too )

      Friends for life

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

        Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
        http://modernsenior.net/ I found this on a Senior Website, and thought it would make for interesting reading for us MiceChatters who are a bit older than most of you.

        HUMOR:
        THE PERKS OF BEING OVER 50
        Contributed by James Kelly

        • Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
        • In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.
        • People call at 8 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
        • No one expects you to run into a burning building.
        • Peope no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
        • There's nothing left to learn the hard way.
        • Things you buy now won't wear out.
        • You can eat dinner at 4 p.m.
        • You can live without sex, but not without glasses.
        • You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.
        • You get into a heated argument about pension plans.
        • You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
        • You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
        • You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
        • Your eyes won't get much worse.
        • Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
        • Your joints are more accurate in predicting rain than the National Weather Service.
        • Your secrets are safe with your friends, because they can't remember them either.
        • Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
        • You won't remember where you saw this.
        • I don't remember where I published this.
        :lol::lol::lol::lol:I just loved this, thanks for sharing

        Friends for life

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

          I figured you would find this. So much of that is so true. Besides we needed a place to chat. What better place than here, in the Fun and Games Lounge. I'm here most of the time, anyway.
          BarbaraAnn

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

            Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
            I figured you would find this. So much of that is so true. Besides we needed a place to chat. What better place than here, in the Fun and Games Lounge. I'm here most of the time, anyway.
            Yep you know me too well

            Yep this is a great place.. thanks

            Friends for life

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

              My son has a birthday coming up on Friday. I don't know if I am going to see him, or not. I should get to the store to buy him a card, and if I take it to the post office, perhaps he will get it before Friday.

              It's hard to believe, that I have a 40, almost 41 year old son.
              BarbaraAnn

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                My son has a birthday coming up on Friday. I don't know if I am going to see him, or not. I should get to the store to buy him a card, and if I take it to the post office, perhaps he will get it before Friday.

                It's hard to believe, that I have a 40, almost 41 year old son.
                wow you do . you dont look like you would barbara.. My odlest son is 26, then my younbgest daughter is 5 :lol: (like YOu know 2nd marriages here) so a 2 nd set of kids :lol:

                Friends for life

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                  That's because I got married at 18, and had my son, just before my 20th birthday. The head says I'm young, but the body is saying differently.
                  BarbaraAnn

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                    Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                    That's because I got married at 18, and had my son, just before my 20th birthday. The head says I'm young, but the body is saying differently.

                    I know that feeling all too well :lol:

                    I was married at almost 18, was married for 21 years, then we divorced, had my first son at the age of 21

                    Friends for life

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                      They didn't have any good cards at the store. I did buy one. I need to call my grandson, and see if his dad is going to be home on Friday. I'd rather deliver, a card, and perhaps buy a cake, than mail the card, and it will be late. Why didn't I plan better?
                      BarbaraAnn

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                        Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                        They didn't have any good cards at the store. I did buy one. I need to call my grandson, and see if his dad is going to be home on Friday. I'd rather deliver, a card, and perhaps buy a cake, than mail the card, and it will be late. Why didn't I plan better?

                        I am the same way.. I never plan things well
                        do they live very far from you?

                        Friends for life

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                          Yes, and I don't drive. So perhaps my husband and I might go there in the evening. I wish he would let us take him out to dinner, but he usually says no to that idea. He starts his vacation on Saturday.
                          BarbaraAnn

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                            Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                            Yes, and I don't drive. So perhaps my husband and I might go there in the evening. I wish he would let us take him out to dinner, but he usually says no to that idea. He starts his vacation on Saturday.
                            is he going anywhere on vacation (your son)

                            i think you should INSIST on taking them out for dinner

                            Friends for life

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I'm Not Old - I just have more stories to tell.

                              My son hates going out to dinner. He will be happy if we come over, and sing, and have cake. One thing about my son, he's low maintenance. He's really good about remembering our birthdays, so I don't want to forget to do something for his.
                              BarbaraAnn

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X