This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make up a phony "urban legend" about Disneyland

When you are going up the lift at the end of Pirates, you see blinking eyes on the left side. There are actually infrared video cameras there, and an employee watching them. If the employee sees that you have taken anything from the show, the lift is stopped as soon as you reach the top, and a cast member comes and confiscates the item from you. No further boats can get on the lift until it is restarted by the cast member.

Comment

It has been said that the brids from the tiki room do come alive and follow those who did not clap and sing at their show and follow them until the give in
      "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

The indian inside main street was done for political reasonings as the Native American community felt they had no influence in Disneyland.
        "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
          If disneyland catches on fire then they have to put it out with their own firefighters from Mainstreet. The city of Anaheim will not provide them with local firefighters since they have their own.
          OFF TOPIC - Disneyland seriously does have its own fire department, although I'm sure should a conflagration of any size break out there, the "A-F-D" would be right on top of it, much the same as the relationship between Disneyland Security and the A-P-D.
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Tinkerbell has to ride a Matterhorn Bobsled to the highest point, get out of it there, then climb a ladder while hanging down from it, to get to the top of the inside. There is a specially-designed porta-potty inside the very tip of the Matterhorn, and a telephone with which she can communicate with park management. In August 1987, the fireworks started going off too soon, and Tinkerbell was showered with burning fragments from a firework that exploded just 8 feet above her. She sued the park and the case was settled out of court. Now there is a switch operated by a key that Tinkerbell holds and the fireworks can't start until she lands and turns the key in the switch.

Comment

They will soon be closing down POTC to do a makeover of the Bayou scene to tie it in with the upcoming 'Princess and the Frog' movie.
              Growing older is manditory
              Growing up is however, optional

Comment

The big CALIFORNIA letters outside DCA are owned by John Stamos. When the park was built they asked him if he would like to be involved, knowing what a big fan he is. He paid for the construction of the letters under the condition Disney would be responsible for all upkeep expenses and that the letters would be transported to John's home, at Disney's expense, whenever their use came to an end.
                My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

The Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique will offer Rapunzel hair extension packages in February 2010.
                  http://findingmickey.com
                  the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

Comment

Because the state of California considers it a waste of a natural resource, Disney is not allowed to fill the sub lagoon with water. As a result, the lagoon as actually covered with celophane to give the illusion of water. Slits in the celophane allow the subs to traverse the tracks without ripping it off completely.
                    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

The bone room in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye and the Haunted Mansion cemetery are actually populated with the bodies of retired cast members. As part of the Walt Disney Company's retirement package, Cast Members with a minimum amount of service time (20 years) are entitled to FREE burial space on Disneyland property. The deceased Cast Members become part of the rides' backstory and Disney adds to the authenticity of its rides.
                      http://findingmickey.com
                      the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

Comment

The Midget Autopia was a short-lived (no pun intended) attraction that was hastily built after an association of dwarves and midgets conducted a letter-writing campaign directly to Walt Disney, complaining that the design of the Autopia cars prevented midgets from reaching the pedals. After several failed attempts to design midget-friendly cars for Autopia, Disney finally agreed to build a separate attraction for midgets. It was a very short (no pun intended) track that only took 1 minute to complete one circuit of, so midgets were allowed to complete up to 3 circuits at one sitting. It was open by appointment only, but saw such little use (an average of less than one person per day) that the park decided after just 10 weeks to open it to all children from ages 4 to 7. It was still used so infrequently that it was discontinued, although the track remained there until the construction of It's A Small World began in the 1960s. Midgets today commonly refuse to attend Disneyland, in solidarity with the midgets of the 1950s who felt they were discriminated against.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X