Earning My E-Ticket in 10 words or more.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micromind
    world class bilge rat
    • Aug 2009

Cool....I'm glad you won! Pretty rare but it sure feels good!

I bet the crowds are even worse now that it's getting closer.

The fire in Sisters will put a damper on things for a while, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. I have cousins who live there, I hope they're ok.

Comment

• laferney Road kid
      MiceChatter
      • Mar 2013

oh well, the crowds are not coming, already in place....no doom.....so can do errands on Monday then....and travel further on Tuesday. thursday is the last run to the dump, Friday is the sale, saturday is the movement of left overs to the thrift stores.......Sunday....the loading and unloading and loading and unloading and loading of the truck, it only holds 16 plastic totes,,,,there are 23 in the garage.... plus two end tables.....and the tv set.....and the 4 foot tall jewelry box..................we only room in Yuma for the two tables, tv sett an jewlery box.......the rest of the stuff.....Oh-oh....I forgot the luggage.

Comment

• micromind
        world class bilge rat
        • Aug 2009

But you can always find room for stuff if you need to badly enough........lol.

Comment

• laferney Road kid
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2013

......I started at 7 this morning, as i have every morning, moving stuff from the two sheds that we never used, I could see the light change, the brown haze color, crossing the street taling to the astronomer and looking at the storms thru his massive telescope, , represented by black dotss, on the sun, an abnormal day for sun storms., still moving the stuff, ....dump.....goodwill.....recycle....all of this stuff was at one time enough.....now I want to shout ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! 30 totes and the truck only holds 16.

Comment

• micromind
            world class bilge rat
            • Aug 2009

Moving is never fun..........

What to get rid of, what to keep, reminiscing over stuff you haven't seen in years........

Comment

• laferney Road kid
              MiceChatter
              • Mar 2013

the last letter I have written about laferney Road, I think ( my writing goal in Yuma is the flood plain), is about a varsity letter that I still have of my cousin that he gave to my father sewn to a varsity sweater, in 1970. I have kept the letter since and found the wool felt letter in my memory trunk, after keeping it for 47 years, wish I could be there when he opens the package....he does not know that his letter is returning home...I found his address on-line. A six page letter accompanies the letter along with a photo my senior year, camping in the spring break snow above Lyons, that wool sweather, with letter attached, keeping me warm....atop the ridge peak.

and now, everyday, I can drive to the bottom of the eastern Yuma mountain range and hike, watching that sun come over the peak, wearing my $2.00 glasses, the reminiscing begins with those eclispe glasses at the bottom of my cardboard box of rocks collected from the flood plain.

Comment

• micromind
                world class bilge rat
                • Aug 2009

Stuff like that is absolutely priceless.........

Comment

• laferney Road kid
                  MiceChatter
                  • Mar 2013

.........my neighbor asked me today to write her......we walk her dog together every once awhile in the morning...... that is priceless.....anyhow, ate late, gotta digest and tomorrow is booked solid,,,,should sound asleep this time tomorrow. We are leaving Tuesday noon....I guess.....wife is talking to her boss tomorrow in Portland.....it could all change again on how we travel.

Comment

• micromind
                    world class bilge rat
                    • Aug 2009

Even the best plans change sometimes.

One nice thing about most humans....we adapt to change pretty well.

Comment

• laferney Road kid
                      MiceChatter
                      • Mar 2013

adapt, well rob , I hope we both adapt to losing this spot on the planet earth, for now you are the last person left......this is my last post, we turn it off tomorrow and do the final wrap up of all the wires, cords, power strips.....and the mice, well wife has one on her tower, I have been working off a lap top.....but amazing how a mouse brought two perfect strangers....who were not strangers at all but ran their hands along the wood stair rail on Splash mountain and the old Montgomery Ward in Albany to converse and share of youth, family travails, Oregon, traveled around the world with a basket full of food, the weather always good ...........and the company......well dam good!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to turn off the light.

Comment

• micromind
                        world class bilge rat
                        • Aug 2009

I'll miss you....a lot!

Comment

• micromind
                          world class bilge rat
                          • Aug 2009

Double post.

Comment