Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

RCMC #138 - Nothing Fancy: Just that "New Thread Smell"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure I could stand anyone working on my eyes.........

Comment

• happy mothers day Barbarann....hope that your family recognizes you as the matriarch queen that you are, taking care of your family, their health, well being and safety in love that they will have a place with you. My wife just left with three other mothers from the street to explore downtown mall Yuma and share the wealth of being far, far , far away on this day.

the Mother board on the computer was fried, we know that Mother Moon changes, but think little of the sun changing. We had moved from the old place to our new MANSION, not knowing that during the course of the month long move, that the sun entered into the computer room and heated up the tower. I had lost my umbilical cord to the world, even though we had internet at the new place, there was no stroking of the keys, no comfort from our mothers stroking our tears away when the scary characters at Disneyland greeted us and we ran to the skirts of our mom. And though mom would scream at the mouse we brought in to the house, or spider on a web, she was always a fan of our other monitored projects. Mom always proved a great pad to live and never left us out side of the screen door on a cold day. Because when it was frozen outside.....we could always escape to our mother!!!!!

Comment

• .....and I can see the international border.....and so can you

Google it!!! go ahead, pull out that google map and narrow it on down to Yuma AZ, because this is a show and tell story about my trip to the dentist. Google map has a much better photo essay then what I could do. Zoom on down onto Los Algodones until you find a road to the east named Calzada Saratoga, send the orange man on down to the street and the click the arrow on the photo of the street and continue to the top of your screen down that street. Eventually you will come to a turn in the road, perhaps see a body of water and river reeds, look to your left for Real Plaza and that is the orange hue building in which my dentist visit took place and and surrounding neighborhood of dental business. By the way, that body of water, that chain link fence, that sidewalk, that is the international border. ......to be continued.......

Comment

• it is official.....ABC ( Disney) thinks the best Mother's Day film is......Polar Express.....at least here in the West....my mouth dropped when i saw the ending when surfing....which is mind boggling....because I had just posted on the Mom thread....that my mom could not hear the bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
            happy mothers day Barbarann....hope that your family recognizes you as the matriarch queen that you are, taking care of your family, their health, well being and safety in love that they will have a place with you. My wife just left with three other mothers from the street to explore downtown mall Yuma and share the wealth of being far, far , far away on this day.

the Mother board on the computer was fried, we know that Mother Moon changes, but think little of the sun changing. We had moved from the old place to our new MANSION, not knowing that during the course of the month long move, that the sun entered into the computer room and heated up the tower. I had lost my umbilical cord to the world, even though we had internet at the new place, there was no stroking of the keys, no comfort from our mothers stroking our tears away when the scary characters at Disneyland greeted us and we ran to the skirts of our mom. And though mom would scream at the mouse we brought in to the house, or spider on a web, she was always a fan of our other monitored projects. Mom always proved a great pad to live and never left us out side of the screen door on a cold day. Because when it was frozen outside.....we could always escape to our mother!!!!!
            Thanks so much Kid. You are a prince. I have made many dear friends here at MiceChat, and so glad for the few that still cross my path on an almost daily basis.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Happy Mothers Day to everyone who is a mom or even has a mom........

Comment

• I guess we all had a mom Rob, or we wouldn't be here at all. Mine passed away in 2008. She was 82. Makes me really think, since I just turned 70. How much longer will I be around?

My Mother's Day was quietly spent at home. The kids gave me the cutest card. By kids, I mean my grandson Sean and his girlfriend Cheyenne. I have recently started calling them the "kids" They are so young compared to me. My older son stopped by, but I didn't hear from my youngest. He is going through some really tough stuff in his life right now.

Chicago weather is horrible lately. I spent money recently on sunflower seeds to plant in the yard, but with all the rain, they are still in the packets, and not in the ground. The grass will be super high soon, if it doesn't stop raining.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• My Mom is 80 and still in good health. Dad is 81 and not very healthy. Long life runs in both families so I imagine they'll both be around for a while.........

It's been sorta cold and a bit of rain here. 55 or so, it should be around 80.

Comment

• Every time the ants invade my house, I just want to sit down and cry, and pack my bags, and move out of this place. Didn't have ants in the house at all until about 5 years ago. Now, they love to get in and the haunt my waking hours, every time I see them. They love the living room, and the back porch, and the kitchen mostly. I'm not the greatest housekeeper, but I am also not Miss Piggy. I guess I need to go on a cleaning rampage tomorrow, and I called Terminix, and moved up our treatment. I suppose maybe these ants get immune to the stuff these pest control people use.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• well.....my wife finally no longer cries over ants.....we don't have them here in Yuma or the neighbor hood is sterlie with all the spraying. In oregon, it would require terminx to delay the nests for a few years, but they always returned, so we , without any children, use posion for weeks till they stopped for a month and then returned. There was no end. I had never had a ant problem til we feed animals outside.

Comment

• ..............................I had made many trips into Mexico, each time we park in the $6.00 parking lot there is a line of folks with postcards to hand out with a specific dentist offering service. Each person is dressed cleanly as an assistant, the speak good English and seem to be sincere in their medical offering. Each time I waved them off as i went down the ramp to cross over the border. there are more dentist doors then restaurant doors, pottery doors, eye glasses doors and liquor cigarette doors. Each twist, turn and corner has a Dentist office door. It is beyond my comprehension, when walking down the the uneven sidewalks, sidewalk vendors and vendors in malls on how one makes a choice. My choice was easy, I took the advice of a previous patient. Perhaps they are all qualified behind those tiny doors, tiny offices, tiny postcards being offered on the US side of the border.

My choice was on the top of the highest ridge in the city. 10 yards from the corrugated international metal wall and is the fanciest looking building on the border. two blocks away some pretty estates, separated from each other by some deteriorating store and housing fronts. ....to be continued.

Comment

• the conclusion....the crowning moment

The whole procedure was foreign. The waiting room was huge, no one waiting, but nice chairs. And that was the end of the similarities of US and mexico waiting rooms. I did'nt fill out any forms on medical history. No friendly chatter. And during the procedure, the assistant spoke no English, the Dr English heavily accented so at times hard to understand, except for the important directions, those i did understand. It went as normal as any dentist visit except there was no pretty wall decor nor music to calm me. the chair was nice, but the equipment looked to be purchased used and 2nd or 3rd quality. And my window, the view out the window onto the palm trees and Spanish accented tower of a variety of colors. While waiting for the steps of removing the broken edges of my tooth, making the cast of the new crown and the required grinding, I looked out my window. None of the offices below had that window, on top of the hills. The multitude of offices on the lower main street where catacombs of windowless walls and tiny waiting offices. My dentist chair was pure luxury, in the middle of poverty. Such poverty, that when I returned for my crown fitting, the denture craftsman who made the crown, was baby sitting his grandchildren, in his office and hallway of the complex. There was no hiding of the poverty of medical offices....And all went well, my crown is settled in perfectly.....I am wearing a $200.00 crown....Amen...Amen....Amen..........

Comment

• my seven take aways from the wedding
                            *density of crowd in the grass along the gravel road to the castle complex, how could they see anything?
                            *celebrities needed a scorecard and how did Oprah get special seating?
                            * little flower girl wiping her brow...." glad that train is over"'
                            *rousing sermon by US clergy, reading the minds of the aristocrats...that is what happens when you invite Americans.
                            * best Stand by Me, ever, very haunting.
                            * Cellist, very good....once again the aristocrats reading their programs.
                            * Oscar winning crop sharer music in the background as bride leaves......for sure a US imprint on the English wedding.....Amen, Amen, Amen!!

Comment

• I'm back but it's not my last trip.

Part of the plant didn't go as planned.......lol.

There is an 8" pipe that sort of winds around and through a bunch of stuff that is clogged with some sort of nasty chemical. No one knows where the clog is or even how long it is. It'd be easy to simply replace the pipe but it's made on Inconel and costs about $8,000 per foot. And since it operates at 1400 PSI, it has pretty thick walls. It takes a welder most of a day to weld a joint.

Hopefully, my next trip will be my last.........

Comment

• $8,000 per foot....I think I saw that yesterday at the Nickel Chromium wedding , under the nose of Queen Mum ....just ludicrous mode at $8,000...but hey I bet lots of folks wanted that yesterday at the wedding for their Tesla phone batteries. Now just what was the PSI during the wedding sermon and choir singing?

Comment

• Yeah, I bet that was expensive.........

Comment

• Too much rain, for me, here in Chicago. Yesterday was so cold, when we went to the bakery yesterday morning, that I thought Fall/Winter was coming instead of June/Summer. Hopefully I can do some more planting at the end of this week when the temps are supposed to go back up. Just need some sunshine along with that.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                                      Too much rain, for me, here in Chicago. Yesterday was so cold, when we went to the bakery yesterday morning, that I thought Fall/Winter was coming instead of June/Summer. Hopefully I can do some more planting at the end of this week when the temps are supposed to go back up. Just need some sunshine along with that.
                                      The last 7 days here in Utah were, 40 degrees with snow, 68 degrees, 82 degrees, 45 degrees and rain, 74 degrees, 63 degrees and rain, and 78 degrees. the up and down of the temperature is killing me. I agree certain days felt like we were heading into winter, and more rain than we have had her in a long time. Makes for a difficult baseball season with my son. We have lots of rained out games to make up.
                                      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• Rained a bit here today, more tomorrow. Not too cold though, 55 or so.

Comment

• Tomorrow is Cheyenne's birthday. Cheyenne is my grandson's girlfriend. She is turning 22. We bought her a bicycle for her birthday, and today we are going to pick it up. I worry about her safety riding on the crazy streets in Chicago. Sean's mom bought her a bike helmet, and a lock. She had a bike as a very young child, and then her mom gave that one away. I guess she out grew it, and they never were able to replace it. It rained so much yesterday that we had to wait until today to pick up the bike. Today the weather looks better, but only a high of 60.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Working...
                                          X