Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving away....it seemed easy because some of the "life is great aspects" of living in the neighborhood were going away. The coach bus i traveled to the coast on for one day visits, put advertising on the coach windows, so I couldn't see the coast range forest with their ferns and cool shaded streams, one less joy. The collectible show in Salem was cancelled, just a shadow of a trip from my home . The weekend train to Portland cancelled its early Salem dark departure at sunrise, a departure that put me in Portland for my opening times of my Antique show. one more increase in costs of travel. Amtrak also cancelled its direct rail route to Disneyland from Oregon. All of that beauty and company and shaded windows gone . And now i read that 650 diseased trees were removed from the best Willamette valley campground east of Salem, a short drive for families to camp while parental figure commuted to work. It was the best, because it was highly dense valley canopy of trees, shade most of the time on camp space. BLM sent out a press release that expectation of previous camping experiences at the campground has been diminished.

Shade here in Yuma.....it is the shadow of a luxury oasis Palm tree.

Comment

• It was a beautiful day here in Chicago. Temperatures in the 60's, overcast, and no wind at all. I was finally able to garden in front of my house for a good length of time. The helicopters have fallen from the trees, and need to be removed, and that is a slow process. Many weeds have sprouted in unwanted places, and what I can't pull out, I just cut back as far as I can close to the ground. I have a milk crate that I sit on, and it helps me greatly. Without that, I would not get much done. I am enjoying some dark chocolate at the moment. Hopefully that decision will not be regretted later, and it sometimes aggravates the nerves in my face, andor makes my heart beat faster during the night. I normally stay away from chocolate all together, but this time I gave in to the delicious Dove chocolate that my husband buys at Target.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• It's been fairly hot here, mid 90s. I'm not anywhere near used to the heat yet.......lol.

Dove chocolate is one of the best!. Sort of expensive but well worth it.

Comment

• we switched gear again.....heat is finally getting to my wife so she has set up a chocolate opium den in the front room, big scrren TV and Netflix box for random moments of screen time. So now I am working with a battery operated mouse that I have yet to master as it runs all over the screen . Pulling weeds here, on what I discoved on wiki is the sunniest place on earth, breaks the boredom of routine, the grass has minor complex root system, I water daily, so easy to pull. I have replaced my chocolate with 5:00 morning walks, in the shade, rising to the occasion before the sun peaks over the mountains. But we do have re-set our rabbit ears every morning on the tv outside patio, so I stand on a milk crate and move the coil of wires to draw any moment of tv screen activity. It works every time and the milk crate is put back in the insulated shed/winter time visitor cabin/workshop, of which none of those three it is functioning as now....now....a sauna .

okay, one correction on the spell check.....thank goodness Mickey Mouse is not battery opertated or he would be hard to catch on Main Street.

Comment

• Watching the sunrise is always magical for me. The beginning of an new day........love it!

Comment

• .....beginning of a new life style.....expecting company, though hope they have gained their sanity and are checking into a hotel instead of our Jiffy Pop foil of a trailer...anyhow, we now have a bed outside on one of the two patios, bed on on the non-sunrise, but sun set will heat up the matterss, so tonight we will be popping all over in heat discomfort on the mattress....because we couldn't open the window till mid-night, the breeze was that warm Thursday night....neighbors says this is nothing.

Comment

• ahhh.....Poohsticks, I could not recall 100 acre wood for the correct final jeopardy answer...I knew it was stories by Milne, just could not recollect the correct title of the woods.

Comment

• Sleeping under the stars is usually great. Reminds me to do it more often........

Comment

• Another rainy day here in Chicago. I have two doctor appointments next week, so I hope those days are dry. Not looking forward to my next eye surgery, which I should find out about this coming week.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• some folks sitting on the porches of my morning walk are schedulted to have surgery, I learn this from my walking partner who has lived on the street for a long time, so he knows everyone. He also had eye surgery......his observation is that it all for the better.

Comment

• Yeah......that's it!!!! Surgery, that's the answer. A brain transplant!! That'd solve all my problems!!

There's one in the morgue right now, just waiting to be installed. His name is Abbey..........something or other.......yes....Abbey Normal.......That's the one I want.

Comment

• Whoa.....reads like a little Wah Chang wafting thru the valley air and settled as residue in the creases of your brain, and all those tiny South Albany windows should have kept you from day dreaming. But you were day dreaming of the skies and your wealth of hanging in the air....well it didn't win James a title but you have the title here as being the smartest brain I have ever met. Flying, conduits, household appliance advice, building a fence for your daughter.....you be normal !!!

Comment

• great post rob!!!! Fearless as a flyer you are and envied by many who wish they had that flying calm every day they buckle in to fly into the random space above.

Comment

• Most of my flight time was business of one sort or another but I remember spending a bunch of time in the air building up my time to 250 hours so I could take my commercial check ride and actually get paid for 'herding tin' around the skies.

Great memories......

Comment

• I played the first Kingdom Hearts game for probably hundreds of hours, years ago alongside my grandson. I never got far in Kingdom Hearts 2, although I tried. Now they have finally released the date for Kingdom Hearts 3, and my grandson is all excited. The game can be played on both XBOX, and Playstation. 2 systems that are not cheap to own. My days of playing these games is long past, but after watching the trailer just now, I'd love to turn the clock back, to when I had a bit more skill. Many great Disney newer movies are featured. Toy Story, Frozen, and Tangled. Looks really great. I predict lots of money will be made on this game next January.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Pong, 1974-1975, had to sign a wait list by the hour starts in the Dorm TV room to play. That is the extent of my screen gaming, be it video games at the Pizza store or even here on this screen, just to much living to do outside of my home....or worse yet, have yet to see Frozen or Tangled or CoCo or others..

Comment

• I admit to spending too much time inside, and not enough "out and about". However, a lot of bonding was done, with my grandson, in the pursuit of video game challenges. As a kid, we were never home. We found much to do. I still am never bored. My time is spent on all the many things that I have learned to love after these many many years. Boredom has never been a word uttered by me.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• I've played very few video games.

One was some sort of a jungle game where you had to swing over stuff like ponds, pits, alligators, etc. I found that if you started from the end and went backward it was a lot easier.......

The other was pills in a jar. Using a cheat code, I could make the game stop while i worked out a strategy to get as many pills as possible to disappear.

Guess I like to 'beat the system'........lol.

Comment

• I am off to the doctor this morning. I hate early morning doctor visits. My eye surgery is going to be in the morning. That's going to be a stressful experience, starting with getting me out of the house, and into the car for a long drive to the suburbs. Hopefully, it will be a one time thing. At least today's trip is but a short bus ride away.
                                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• we will be waiting for your Trip report.....long drive into the suburbs....interesting...how does that work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X