Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

RCMC #138 - Nothing Fancy: Just that "New Thread Smell"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are the typical tweety birds around here but also a few hawks and owls. Once in a while a pair of owls will sit on the railing of the deck outside my bedroom. Beautiful birds.......and they keep the mice down.

Comment

• ....I feel for you being a chew toy, my wife english bulldog has a big wide mouth and he would love to chew on me....so I keep my distance and don't pet him, he can chew on the neighbors instead. Thank you for the photo, very pretty and insightful to the contentment of your husband in his stage of life.

Comment

• .....in other news in the southwest desert the london bridge got a bath today, according to the weather map, a weather cell, colored red, which means down pour can't see thru the rain to drive settle over the bridge and just poured.....I wonder what it was like on the ferry to california to travel across the river in glaze of the rain....anyhow, our % of moisture went up, so once again will be breaking the law and dancing in the nude.

Comment

• I got about 5 hours of sleep last night, without waking up. Very rare for me to get that much in one shot.
          Last edited by micromind; 07-07-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• .....according to the Dr show, 5 hours of sleep isn't good.....are you have a lot of restless leg syndrome? If I have a 5 hour night, which I did during the farmers market this winter, the next night I slept for 10 hours......now with all this heat, I have 3 scoops of rich sugar flavor ice cream....knocks me out right away.

Comment

• 5 hours straight sleep is rare for me. I am happy if I can get four. I get up at least once during the night. Most nights lately it has been two. Oh, to be young again, and sleep 8 hours straight.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Not much restless leg, more like I simply cannot stop thinking about stuff. Usually, it's solving problems at work or planning the next day.

Once I finally do drift off, when I wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning, I cannot get back to sleep.

I found that resting from then rather than getting up is helpful but I'm still tired all day long.

Comment

• My older son got a promotion at work. The negative in that, is that he is going to have to buy a car. He has some money saved, but just how much he can afford is still not known to me. Tomorrow he is coming over, so we can talk, and hopefully offer him some assistance in his car shopping. My son is quite stubborn and independent. My husband and I are hoping that those traits won't prevent him from getting the best car that he can, at this time in his life.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Hmmmmm.....well the best car for me, at the conversation table at the age of 20 with my dad was framed in the fumes of Briggs and Stratton. Many a spring and summer pushing the Montgomery Wards vegetable garden rototiller in the soil of our huge garden. Hanging on to dear life to those waist high handles, bucking like a wild bull in the hard wet soil of spring a stroll and months later in summer a stroll of smooth cake batter turning of the soil. But the belching fumes and deafening noise made me as a teen to never want to own a car.....freedom was day dreaming at stream edge....not changing oil under the carriage of a farm truck. So much to my surprise, the Jeopardy contestants today did not know what Briggs and Stratton created to make teens across the USA to summer servitude to lawns. Maybe I was lucky after all to have a Briggs and Stratton as my guiding light. Much to my chagrin, not wanting a car, we found a lime green ford pinto in Albany in 1976. Many adventure in the low riding, three tone green car, stick shift, and target of gas tank raptures.....5 years later I donated it to my church as I went in the US army. The car truly humbled me and there was much discussion if it made me a lazy person never wanting to upgrade to fancy class cars......or never care to wash the car sitting outside now covered in rain splattered desert dust from the electrical storm last night....it is a mess alright, alas says my wife about me also.

Comment

• My first car was a 67 Chevelle. Bought it when I turned 16, Dad helped out a lot.

It had a 283 (small V8) with all the California smog stuff. That didn't last long........lol.

A couple of months later, the same basic engine was still there but it had been modified slightly.........lol.

Me and several others spent some time at a 1/4 mile 'track' we had out on the back roads in the wheat fields. This was ideal because we could see the Cops coming for miles........

My modifications were about half high performance and about half high gas mileage. If I drove it sensibly (actually, I often did), it'd get about 22 MPG.

Comment

• Wheel of Fortune at WDW, even no magic there as couple used the word AND in the crossword puzzle, usually Pat gives directions, but he didn't tonight and the couple used the word AND....time for Kavanaugh to step in and make a WDW ruling.

Comment

• .....I didn't know MPG was term in the 70s....I know folks on long trips used pencil and notebook to write down gallons/miles ratio.....not sure what the information was used for motor notifications....anyhow, I once put a brand new roof on a Linn county deputy house.

Comment

• I must admit my son's driving makes me nervous. He has a habit of always parking in the wrong places at the wrong times. Chicago has some ridiculous parking regulations, and instead of obeying them, my son wants to ignore them. So when the boy/man comes over today, we need to search the web for any unpaid parking tickets that he might have to pay before he buys a car. Not looking forward to that part of his visit today.

I inquired at a nearby auto dealership about the cost of a car, and of course they have followed up with some emails wanting my business. I forwarded no phone numbers, of course, because these sales people can be a bit pushy. I only wanted a price, and I did get that, amongst other things. Offers for credit checks, and test drives, and scheduled appointments. If my son is even interested in walking over to the car dealership, we will go unannounced. That's the way my husband and I did it when we bought our Pathfinder. Not even sure what direction my son wants to take, just gathering some numbers/figures/prices. Lots of info on the web. More than i expected actually.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Another hot one at work today.

A few months ago, I knew I'd be complaining about the het weather........lol.

Comment

• ...........and I see on TV that a new company now has vending machince cars.......oh....they also make home deliveries pick up a pizza to ruin that new car smell!!!!.

Comment

• Actually, getting a new car from a vending machine would very likely be better than getting one form a car salesman.

Comment

• ....now if only I could fix flat tires from a vending machine......1.5 hours to have a leak fixed......leak discovered by flat tire symbol on car console ( do they call them dashboards anymore?).....but the wait wasn't bad....wife and I take turns going to air conditioned business to relax from the constant 88 degrees in our home, 24 hours, 7 days a week....anhyow I was on my way to $1.00 shopping day at Goodwill, will I saw the light, so sat in a the lobby, watching dicovery channel, nice and cool......and did not use my allotted cooling time....so after my wife gets back from her allotted time, I have the car the rest of the day........do your finger tips shrivel if you spend to much time in the retail pool?

Comment

• Living a couple of miles down a gravel road, I've become fairly adept at fixing flat tires. I have a flat a couple of times a year, sometimes more often.

Comment

• Oregon keeping its weirdness, one retail space at a time. *

Powells book store, downtown portland, the largest new and used book store in the world.....that is INDEPENDENT.

Sylvia Beach hotel/bed and breakfast on the Ocean, Newport Oregon, a literary themed lodging for the INDEPENDENT soul.

Blockbuster Video, the last one available iin the United States is in Central Oregon, home of Crater Lake, deepest in the US and if the math is done correctly, stands INDEPENDENT in the world. but who would have known, the most independent souls in the US, cowboys, would still be watching DVDS.....sometime you just don't see the bend in the road.

Comment

• My son and I went car shopping today, and I am happy to report that we were successful. My son now has a car to get himself back and forth to his new job. I say new because when he was promoted they moved him to a different location much further away from where he lives. Happy day for my son.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Working...
                                          X