This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
    Stopped in to say hello. Happy Belated Birthday Jim. I went to Universal Studios in Florida for the first time on 8/20-8/25. I made a trip report. But so much has changed here at MiceChat. So all my pictures are all together in 2 posts.
    Long time no see.....how have you been?

I'm pretty much the same, seems like not much ever changes.......which, by the way, is good!!. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by micromind View Post

Long time no see.....how have you been?

I'm pretty much the same, seems like not much ever changes.......which, by the way, is good!!. Lol.
      Doing pretty good, thank you. That's good to know that you are hanging in there pretty well.

Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Doing pretty good, thank you. That's good to know that you are hanging in there pretty well.
        Yep, pretty happy actually.

I started a new job a couple of months ago, slight raise plus I really like the work. It would have been easier to leave the old company if I could find even one thing wrong with it.......lol.

Both are great places to work but I had to choose one. I really dislike having to choose......

Comment

• Originally posted by micromind View Post

Yep, pretty happy actually.

I started a new job a couple of months ago, slight raise plus I really like the work. It would have been easier to leave the old company if I could find even one thing wrong with it.......lol.

Both are great places to work but I had to choose one. I really dislike having to choose......

That's all wonderful to hear. Good luck on your new job.
          Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

• Thanks, so far it's working out very well.

Comment

• MiceChatting on my phone is near impossible. My computer has been giving me some trouble lately.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Back on my computer, just stopping by an saying Hi. No news is good news in my little corner of the world.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                  Nice quiet birthday. I like those when I get to see my close family members, and they remember my birthday.
                  Woe...........forgot Barbaraann Birthday
                  (I'M BAD)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my Friend Jim
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 09-17-2018, 05:56 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Stopped in to say hello. Happy Belated Birthday Jim.
                    HAYLEY B ....Thank You
                    Good to see YOUJim

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

MiceChatting on my phone is near impossible. My computer has been giving me some trouble lately.
                      I think Mice Chat having programing Issue.............
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Good luck on your new job.......Rob
                        Jim......
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Always something wrong to mess up person's life. Today I had to call for repair on my washing machine. Too many people in this house/building using the darn appliance. It breaks down regularly it seems. Good thing it is still under warranty. However, why must thing always happen on my laundry day? Gotta wait til Saturday for the repair man.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• It's too bad but a large munger of machines aren't built anywhere near as good as they were years ago. Even worse, most of them are either very difficult to fix or outright impossible.

Comment

• I have had my washing machine for over 15 years. It is a Maytag, and it gets used almost every day by someone in our over crowded home/house/building. Never did I ever imagine that old age for my husband and myself would include all these extra people. Sears keeps allowing us to extend their warranty, so I take them up on it.

My eyes are backwards, and I absolutely hate it. I can see faraway fine, but the close up stuff is near impossible. Sure hope when I finally get a pair of prescription glasses, that I can function better than I am doing now. I can only see the computer screen now due to a cheap pair of reading glasses from Walgreens.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Maytags are pretty good. Mine are 38 years old and still running.

I had to start using the cheap glasses about 10 years ago. They still work!

Comment

• My washer needs a new belt, so they ordered the parts, and now I have to wait until they come, before the washer gets repaired. That means another day of waiting, which I hate. No one is happy, but I have no control over that.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Today is the one Sunday of five available Sundays in September where I don't have to be anywhere. I wasn't suppose to leave Yuma on the first Sunday of the month, September 2nd for Oregon. It was going to be Wednesday the 5th. But after buying four bed spread comforters for van wall protection padding at Goodwill, a $1.00 each and three computer chair plastic flooring to be used on the carpeted floor of the van that I purchased for a $1.00 for the group on Aug 30th, trial run packing of the antiques on the 31st, wife trip to mexico on the 1st, she wasn't going to wait any longer. So on the first Sunday of the month we were to leave at Noon .

But I had to be somewhere, as was the theme for the rest of the Sundays of September. While packing the van, the rear passenger tire was deflating. Which is good, that is my good luck omen, rear passenger tire flat. So off to the only open tire store, Wal-Mart to purchase a new tire and three hours later off into California and Nevada we headed for a hotel reservation

September 9th I was to be early, very early as in 5:00 a.m. in the cold morning in a country town of Coburg surrounded by cornfields to display my wares at an Antique show. It required an overnight stay in my retail space underneath the towering maples that give the city park its ambiance. During the course of the early evening Saturday arrival of unloading the van of garage sale finds and setting up the four goodwill comforters for a bed in the empty van I was ready for the shaded cold Sunday morning. I had a tall glass of lemonade with a fellow I had met as a customer at the Portland show. We sat at the picnic table and watched the sunset. At dark I spent the next two hours visiting with a close-by retailer who happen to be the person responsible for me being there that Saturday night. She introduced my brother- in law to the antique business who in turn introduced me to the business. So a full circle of relationships that Sunday morning, a Portland customer who looks for unusual devices/ antique tools that were not built for resale but that were custom built for a specific purpose and the woman who encouraged my brother in law to leave me to my own devices in the custom of going to garage sales for the specific purpose of buying items for resale....early in the morning.

Sunday September 16 sitting in the cold misty dark morning outside of the Lane County fairgrounds, in the front seat wrapped in a goodwill comforter to keep me warm. Waiting for the doors to open to the flea market, where in 1985 I rented my first table to display and sale my garage sale findings. I had left overs from the previous Sunday, findings at the goodwill store by that sells by the pound, dumpster diving in the Mt. Angel neighborhood and what I could gather from eight totes of antiques for my senior citizen comfort in the future that I stored a year ago in the Mt. Angel basement of the wife's daughter a year ago.

Sunday the 23rd, sitting comfortable at home, had a goodwill walk with my summer walking partner this dark morning and living the life of a senior citizen....feels great to be home....and not have to be anywhere!!!!

Comment

My washer needs a new belt, so they ordered the parts, and now I have to wait until they come, before the washer gets repaired. That means another day of waiting, which I hate. No one is happy, but I have no control over that.
                                      another day of waiting...yep...that is my Tuesday trip report....waiting.

Comment

• I remember Coburg, haven't heard of it in a lot of years.........

Comment

• Ah....a Monday morning where no one is telling me what to do.....

After a September 2 wild ride around Las Vegas and over the hills into Pahrump, Nev we woke up to a Monday, September 3rd morning full of thrills. Not that Sunday night was boring, didn't do my map homework for navigating Las Vegas, which now, when looking at the map, probably saved ourselves some trouble by not following the map. Pulling into south Vegas I was looking for a sign that said L.A. to head to to Pahrump, but they (whoever didn't put the city Los Angeles on the massive green freeway signs) don't want you to clog up that section of freeway, so they don't put names on the boards, just numbers, so we race tracked loop around Vegas to find our exit to the west in the dark, up over a ridge in the dark and then dropping down into Pahrump, we saw massive fireworks...to find out that it was a testing site for fireworks...so nothing special like the Sunday night blooms of desert fireworks to greet us Monday Morning....though not knowing that Pahrump is a testing site for another July 4th event......Headed on down the paved blocks ( they are not city streets) for taco bell breakfast and cheap gas to fill us up for the trip thru Nevada....nothing special until I walked thru the quick market doors....LIKE WHEN THE LADY TOLD ME WHEN I WENT TO PAY CASH FOR THE GAS......IS YOUR CAR A RACE CAR?????..huh..no... then you have to change pumps, that blue handle that you parked in front of...it is for $8.00 a gallon racing fuel. A gas station with pump just for the public to drive up their race car and fill it up with racing fuel. and you really need to wiki the city...if I knew how special that city was...I would have taken a photograph...seriously...could win you some money on a trivia contest. and though I didn't race the car to Fernly, the southbound traffic on the two lane US highway was full of vehicle traffic head south from Burning Man....all Burning Man vehicles recognized by their gritty gray dust covered vehicles. Pulled into Fernly and memorized Jersey street ( and way to many streets, Fernly is spread out, way out!!!)and the mound topped with cell phone like towers to ping Rob's homestead. I thought I was going to catch the freeway at Fallon, but no, caught it a fernley....as my wife told me so...even though I had looked at a map.

Monday, September 10th, returning early Monday morning to Mt. Angel after a night in Brownsville, Oregon the Son-Law told me NEED TO FENCE THE DOG OUT OF THE CORN AND BEER HOPS. Which was okay, for the previous 5 days the dog had been knocking down the useless corn stalks and had knocked over one strand of hops....after I told everyone that the dog would do that behavior...not my dog, not my responsibility, but being the male, I took the brunt of the responsibility. So unloaded the van, found some some cheap wire grating for concrete pads, free wood poles and tons of plastic wrapping from the Salem Home Depot to wrap around the wire as it rested on top of the roof luggage rack. (okay for the dog to scratch the the top of the roof, but not me on the inside of the 13 year old van) Arrived back to Mt. Angel, put up the fence, to find out the next night that the hops were ready for harvesting as told by a friend brew master of the son in law. Harvested Hops, fence for next year visit.

Monday September 17th, spent an extra night In Brownsville, Oregon, 6:00 in the morning the mouthy, bratty dog told me it was time to wake up, so in the dark early morning hours, wet dew, the dog went for a short walk and back into the house. Then God told me GRAB A PATIO CHAIR, GRAB A COMFORTER OUT OF THE VAN AND GET WRAPPED UP INTO THE SUNRISE. In all of my years of living in Oregon, I never sat at pasture edge, looking east onto the foothills of the cascade, in the cool morning air, watching a dappled clouded sunrise, with fingers of fog, flying geese and starlings in the dawn. for two hours I sat watching a blue heron fish for mice, sheep grazing on lush grass and crows leave their night roost, one to three at a time, i reckon over 40 crows coming out of the roost tree over two hours. .

I guess it is good to be told what to do on a Monday Morning.

Comment

Working...
                                          X