• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY ThanksgivingJim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
      HAPPY ThanksgivingJim
      Don't eat too much turkey Jim. You don't want to lose that boyish figure. I hope you have a great day.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

• I woke up at 5:30 a.m. this morning, and I could not get back to sleep. I stress over the weirdest stuff. Do I have enough turkey? Will it all be warm at the same time? Are there enough pumpkin pies? How many veggies should I serve?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about something, usually ridiculous and can't get back to sleep 4 or 5 nights a week........Oh, how I long for a good nights sleep......

Comment

• My Thanksgiving meal was a huge success. I got Thank You's from all the guests. They do not stay long, but they ate a lot of food, so I guess that means I did well in that department. One holiday down, now it takes a month to get ready for the next one.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Mine was great as well.

There were fewer people than the last few years but it was still really good.

Comment

• I bought a new 4 1/2 foot tall artificial Christmas Tree. It looked really great at the Target store, when I was buying Cheyenne and Sean their Christmas tree. Now we need to figure out where in the attic they have space for a 7 1/2 foot one. I'm thinking we should have stopped at 6 feet. Hopefully the dog won't react negatively to their tree. Last year, I put up a tree in the living room, and surprisingly enough the bird did not react at all. Basically she ignored it. Hoping for that same reaction this year.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Ever since my daughter got a house of her own, I haven't done any Christmas decorating.

It's way easier to go to her house for Christmas.........her and her friends do all the work.........lol.

Comment

• My mom didn't do much decorating after us kids left. It wouldn't feel like Christmas, if I didn't at least put up the Christmas tree.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Lol......I can see why.

Ever since my daughter moved into her own house, holidays have been more of a hassle than anything else. I just don't enjoy them anymore.

Comment

• have not been in here for a while thought I would stop in and say hi, Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are nearing ready for Christmas
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• Hey there......long time no see.........lol.

I had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas is looking pretty good too!

Comment

• Yesterday we received in the mail, our annual Social Security statement. A 2.8% cost of living increase means $110 more in our monthly benefit checks. As small as that may sound, we can use the extra. Bills never go down, and especially the house expenses.

It's getting colder now, and today I need to do my banking, and pick up my husband's eye drops at CVS. Naturally, the two establishments are in opposite directions from each other. At least there is no snow on the ground.

Another weekend to enjoy.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• I'm going to put off filing for SS as long as I can.

I'm 62 and can still work full-time and will continue to work as long as I can. Then I will very likely go part-time.

Comment

• My husband filed for Social Security at 66, so I could collect on his record. Then he delayed getting his to age of 70, so that he could get the maximum. It was a good decision. It's just too bad, that he will most likely have to keep working, since it cost so much to live where we do, and maintain our house. I guess we could move into a smaller place, but who wants to move when they are in their 70's?
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

• 66 and 4 months is my full retirement age; that's when I can collect benefits and still work without penalty.

I'll likely wait even longer than that though.

Comment

Working...
                                  X