Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you mean.....I am seriously considering switching my internet from AT&T to just about anything else. It's slow and fails a lot. Sadly, there are few options out here, if I lived closer to town there'd be more.

As far as the TV service goes, the new company might be able to use the existing cable in the house......well, they most likely can use it but a lot of companies don't want to. They'd rather sell and install new cable.

If the TVs are on outside walls, they can run the cable along the outside of the house and drill it through the wall at the TV location. Depending on the type of siding you have, it can be almost invisible. The hole they drill in the house is small and they can seal it pretty good so no cold or hot air can get in.

Comment

• I just wish the Cable companies would be forthcoming as to how things are set up. You can google most anything on the internet these days, but I cannot find this info. Then, I worry about things going wrong, or not being prepared when the time comes.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• It's sad but usually when a company is secretive, it's not good news for their customers........

Comment

• I called the cable company, and I spoke to a very nice young lady. She explained the entire process to me. I now feel so much better. My cable bill with Xfinity will be less than Uverse, but that's just because I kep the movie channels off the order. My husband can add them later, if he misses them that much. I got him his sports stuff, and he should be happy with that.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• That's great!

I hope the rest of the install goes as good.

Comment

• Hello Barbaraann, remember me?
              Last edited by Murphy; 08-20-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                Hello Barbarann, remember me?
                Yes indeed. Nice to see/hear from an old not forgotten MiceChatter.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

Yes indeed. Nice to see/hear from an old not forgotten MiceChatter.
                  Likewise. Glad to see you’re still here. It looks like everyone has gone just like I did. Where’s penguinsoda?

Comment

• penguinsoda. I left her a message on Facebook that you had stopped by. She doesn't stop in here much anymore. Seems to be a sign of the times. MiceChatters grand exit to Facebook. Slowly over the years, MiceChat members left. Many of them never to be seen or heard from, around these parts, again.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Shame, we had such good times. I was 16. I’m 30 now, and I can’t believe it was that long ago. Compared to today, the MiceChat of 2005 was quaint.

Thank you for telling her I said hello.

Comment

• Many of us made a lot of friends here on MiceChat. Many of those friendships have died. Some of them still exist on Facebook. Different in many ways. I watched many "kids" grow up here. I cherish the fun/special times.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Thanks for the birthday greetings Rob. I had a great day. My husband took me to lunch at Olive Garden, and later on in the day my older son came over with a cute birthday card. He always picks out the best cards. Cheyenne made me peach cobbler, and it was great. Cheyenne is my grandson's girlfriend. She is the closest thing I have to having a granddaughter.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Yesterday they switched my cable, and was not anything like they explained to me over the phone. However the technician was great, and now we can watch TV again. My husband is super happy because he can now watch all the football he wants. I am saving money, and that is always a plus.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Friday was not a good day for me. My Parakeet Spin died. My doctor's office also called me to tell me that I needed a CT scan of my liver. Something showed up on my latest blood test. I am trying not to worry, but for me that's not easy. Now, I wait for that to get all worked out with my insurance company.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• I don't know which is worse, dealing with a medical issue or dealing with an insurance company.

I mixed 46 sacks of concrete today and poured a 10' X 10' slab for my daughters hot tub. Each sack weighs about 100 lbs.

I'm really tired and more than a bit sore but in a way, it feels good!

Comment

• What a good dad you are, Rob. It's nice that you and your daughter are so close.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Thanks!!

It means a lot to me.

Comment

• Tomorrow I have to go get another laser treatment on my left eye. I am always nervous when I have the procedure done. I am sure it will be fine, but I have a cold at the moment. Just let me be able to sit still, and not have to sneeze, or cough during the procedure. Life sure is weird sometimes.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• That doesn't sound like much fun.

Yes, you'll be fine but still........

I have a bad lens in one eye, a lens transplant would fix it but I can't stand for anyone to do anything to my eyes.

As far as I know, you have to be awake and alert during the procedure. I seriously doubt if I could handle it.

Comment

• Yes, it takes a lot of patience to keep your cool during eye surgery. They have wonderful ways of anestitizing one's eyes during surgery, so you don't feel a thing. Panic comes to mind, so you may also need something to calm you down. Not my favorite thing, eye surgery. Hopefully I'm done with that, but there's still the possibilility of a 2nd retina surgery. I hope not.

My lazer treatment went O.K, despite the fact that I developed laryngitis overnight, and had a very scratchy throat, and stuffed up head. I have a great eye docotor, and he has a great staff.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Working...
                                          X