Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember the last MiceChat Anniversary that I attended. They are always held at the beginning of the year, so construction walls are inevitable. However, if there's one thing I really hate when I spend my money to visit Disneyland, is construction walls. Crowds are no fun either, and it seems that that problem is not likely to go away. I may have to go away, unless I can figure out how to "save" for a future Disneyland trip. That is, if I want to. I would love to see Star Wars Land when it is complete, but how much is that going to cost me? Even if I use my time share. Park hoppers are sure to be in the $400 range by then. Will it be worth it. What reason will I have for visiting MiceChat each and every day, if I am not planning a future trip.

Oh yes, my MiceChat friends that still hang out here. There's less of us now, but still special.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Originally posted by micromind View Post

Me too!!!!

If it'd stay that way all the time.........

We can always dream, can't we.......lol.
      It is why I need to figure out a way to retire in Hawaii.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

It is why I need to figure out a way to retire in Hawaii.
        I've been there a few times. The weather is pretty good but I'd need to get used to the humidity, the tourist traps are....well.....tourist traps.......lol. I bet if you get away from the tourist areas it's pretty nice.

But it's expensive.......lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
          I remember the last MiceChat Anniversary that I attended. They are always held at the beginning of the year, so construction walls are inevitable. However, if there's one thing I really hate when I spend my money to visit Disneyland, is construction walls. Crowds are no fun either, and it seems that that problem is not likely to go away. I may have to go away, unless I can figure out how to "save" for a future Disneyland trip. That is, if I want to. I would love to see Star Wars Land when it is complete, but how much is that going to cost me? Even if I use my time share. Park hoppers are sure to be in the $400 range by then. Will it be worth it. What reason will I have for visiting MiceChat each and every day, if I am not planning a future trip.

Oh yes, my MiceChat friends that still hang out here. There's less of us now, but still special.
          For me, it's not the cost but the crowds. But I agree, the cost is getting out of hand a bit.

Yes, I remember the meets, they were the highlight of my trip!

Comment

I've been there a few times. The weather is pretty good but I'd need to get used to the humidity, the tourist traps are....well.....tourist traps.......lol. I bet if you get away from the tourist areas it's pretty nice.

But it's expensive.......lol.
            I have the benefit of access to a couple of family Time Shares. We spend Most of our time on Maui or at the Aulani on Oahu so we steer very far from the tourist traps. I actually love the humidity level of Hawaii it is the perfect climate for me. You are right about expensive. And anything in my dream home range is millions out of my budget. I guess my school teacher salary is probably not going to make that a reality any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

I have the benefit of access to a couple of family Time Shares. We spend Most of our time on Maui or at the Aulani on Oahu so we steer very far from the tourist traps. I actually love the humidity level of Hawaii it is the perfect climate for me. You are right about expensive. And anything in my dream home range is millions out of my budget. I guess my school teacher salary is probably not going to make that a reality any time soon.
              Yes, an electricians pay won't go very far higher.........guess we're in the same boat......lol.

A timeshare would be good though, maybe I'll look in to it after a few more years.

Comment

• I have timeshare access at a hotel called Dolphin's Cove, when I go to Disneyland. No money this year, but maybe next year, I can swing a trip. I will have to start saving soon though. Especially since ticket prices have gone up. I can always do the one park a day, instead of a park hopper. Right now that's a $50 savings. It was nice when I stayed across the street with my friends, but no hotel bill is a better deal. The problem with a time share, though is booking so far in advance, in order to score availability.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Yes, an electricians pay won't go very far higher.........guess we're in the same boat......lol.

A timeshare would be good though, maybe I'll look in to it after a few more years.
                  we own into both Marriott Vacation club and Disney Vacation club and both are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                    I have timeshare access at a hotel called Dolphin's Cove, when I go to Disneyland. No money this year, but maybe next year, I can swing a trip. I will have to start saving soon though. Especially since ticket prices have gone up. I can always do the one park a day, instead of a park hopper. Right now that's a $50 savings. It was nice when I stayed across the street with my friends, but no hotel bill is a better deal. The problem with a time share, though is booking so far in advance, in order to score availability.
                    we generally are booking our next vacation before we have taken the current one because we have to book the condo 13 months out. It is a great resource but there is a lot of planning involved.

Comment

• went to the dump on a cloudy Monday morning.....it is free.... out in the middle of the world's winter salad bowl is a clump of sand the farmers could not conquer to conquer the cloud free desert, so they turned it into a dump. For some reason folks in the vast desert can get away with dumping garbage in the middle of nowhere ....so the to discourage that behavior....they have free transfer station dumping....l guess in oregon the logging roads hidden in the clouds are too far away to illegal dump, so the state can charge for dumping fees. The dump load was from the cousins remodel that we are on the horizon to rent when finished, so we help with the clean-up labor, don't want no dark cloud hanging over family ties.

the postive about the dump is that on the way, in the middle of the salad bowl fields is the best trial mix ever, a cute adobe cabin surround by trees and cactus and large rocks, the sell southwest favor snacks and jellys and salsa and etc, anyhow, the best trail mix 4.00 cany buy, ....we bought the last three bags....till Thanksgiving.... we had just missed by a 1/2 hour, a Canadian who bought 10 bags to return home with....thank goodness for the weak Canadian loon or we would have had none. It would have totally depressed me, thinking that I had another month to get out there, of course, if it was so good, why did it take me so long.....well...we were waiting for a cloudy day to take the dog to the lake....which is today....because it is still cloudly......but they found termites at the remodel,..now that is a gloomy cloud......so the truck is being filled again....and dog sits at home....again.....Well, in 9 months, even if my dog is not named Sandy..... i will be stuffing this bald headed turkey with trail mix,, ain't going to miss out again.

Monday night it rained, tuesday it rained and then Wednesday night it rained, the thin clouds hanging around the eastern mountain ridge. On wednesday I had the fun adventure sitting outside under the clouds at the farmers market selling paintings and frames, from a art studio I bought in September when no one was living here, so a great way to watch cloud formations all day. Didn't sell much, as well as my fellow vendors telling me they had poor sales days.....Well, I guess in 70's school choir they didn't sing Both Sides Now, song.....because I left a rich man, regardless of what I could have done.

Comment

• olympic moments
                        *freestyle crossing country ski racing, where the starting times for each individual is staggered....hence racing against the clock than the individual in front of you very gruelling.

*downhill skiers racing 70 mph down hill....that is faster than my driving time on I-8 freeway......they have blue lines to help the skiers stay on the safe snow.....here in Yuma we have green lines along the freeway to keep us safe, bags of lettuce that have fallen from a harvest truck and bounce along the freeway edges, piles of green helping to define the freeway edge, Rob may remeber all the ears corn along the road falling from the top of the harvest trucks and falling to the shoulder, well x that by 10 the amount of lettuce along the freeway. If there were shoulders to pull over and pick up the lettuce.....one healthy man i would be......cars zooming by at 65 mph!!!!!

*snowboard racing....now that is a sport to watch, those folks crash and burn very frequently, you can actually crash and still a win a medal

* Old Folks Rule!!!!! Many Olympians the age of Tom Brady are winning!!

Comment

• olympic moment........it's raining pooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• well....I can't find any reference to what I am abut to write, but i am sure I have read it....OUR TOWN IS SO SMALL THAT ON FRIDAY NIGHTS WE GATHER AROUND THE ONE SIGNAL LIGHT AND WATCH IT TURN COLORS....anyhow....that happened to me last night...perfect desert night, had rained, humidity in the air, fresh smell, ZERO wind, so I was sitting on the side of the street watching the signals lights,,.....now give me a mintue....you see...they installed a new signal light system...but they left it broken, the left hand turn lane from our side of the major intersection is broken, it does not turn green if you are sitting in that left hand turn lane, so I was watching how long a car would sit in that left hand turn lane, before giving up and....running that red light...it was indeed very interesting.....anyhow, after awhile a county deputy shows up in his desert truck, lights a blazing and turns the major intersection signal light to a a four way stop....Huh, must have been a wreck, so I amble on down to the block and half to see what was happening....the deputy was teaching civilians how to control an intersection that has no signal lights..standing out there in the middlle of the dark with a flashlight and glow orange signal cone ..hmmm....okay, makes sense if teaching for a volunteer ride along patrol.....well this afternoon, I found out why...they are having a parade Saturday morning.....so I guess not only will I get to watch the blinking red, four way stop light, but also a parade on our only major thur way....that is how small our town is the east side of Yuma.

Comment

• I've had bronchitis the last few days. Not exactly a fun time.......

I don't have a fever or anything, just achy joints, a bad cough and I'm really tired.

Hopefully, it'll be over with soon...........

Comment

• binge watch the Olympics and hydrate, hydrate and hydrate and warm tea and honey and soup. and tillamook grilled cheese sandhwich...yeah....binge all those also.

Comment

Working...
                                X