This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner?

^^ No Jose's tonight? But it's wednesday!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

We have decided that we need a break from Jose's. THe food quality has been going downhill. The last time we ate there, I couldn't touch my chicken.

The kids are having a hard time understanding the change in routine, but we will at least have mexican food on Wednesdays from now on.
      Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
      I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Now I"m going to picture you making tacos while wearing a Sombrero! :lol:
        Hey try my rice recipe with the tacos, it's very kid friendly!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Oh! great idea! I will tell Ali that is is "Tina Rice". That will get her to eat it. Not that she eat smuch of anything these days that isn't "pasketti".:bang: :bang
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Did Alidoll like the rice??

I had a flashback to my childhood, seriously
            Oscar Mayer Bologna
            Kraft Single
            French's Mustard on wheat bread
            Pretzels
            Cup of Noodle

Utterly pathetic I know. :blush:

Shawn had "orange dinner" which is one of his favorites, Mac & Cheese , Baby Carrots & Orange slices.
            Kyler wanted to finish off the chicken & rice

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

The rice was a disaster. I bought four 18 ounce cans of tomato sauce. I am assuming I was supposed to get four 8 ounce cans. I was so frustrated that I ended up serving leftovers. Ali did help with the rice though. She was really excited. She put the rice & garlic in the skillet for me.

Tonight is Taco Night. Take 2.

We should really keep up the Give a Recipe, Take a Recipe thread going. Especially with all of us getting busy with the holidays. New easy recipes are golden.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Tonight we are having a roast that I've cooked in the crock pot with Liquid Smoke. The house smells heavenly!

I'm going to shred it and mix in BBQ sauce (Famous Dave's Devil Spit!) and serve it on buns....along with salad and creamed whole potatos.
                Us girls, we're so magical.
                Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
                Hard to resist, so touchable.
                Too good to deny it.
                Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by baileykat
                  Tonight we are having a roast that I've cooked in the crock pot with Liquid Smoke. The house smells heavenly!

I'm going to shred it and mix in BBQ sauce (Famous Dave's Devil Spit!) and serve it on buns....along with salad and creamed whole potatos.
                  yum!!!!! baileykat!!

tonight burger king.

Comment

I just made the YUMMIEST thing I have ever cooked!! I don't even have a name for it cause I made it up!

I took a turkey breast and pounded it out flat. Then I spread a thin layer of my yummy stuffing and rolled the whole thing up really tight. I tied it to make it stay, browned the whole log in a skillet and then baked it in the oven. I covered it in gravy and served it with artichokes.

I am so proud of myself!
                    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

That sounds sooooo good Tink Pink! I may have to use it this weekend.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Chicken strips and fries, I'm soooooo not in the mood to cook

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                          Tonight is Taco Night. Take 2.
                          Scratch that menu.

I am still at work. My bleepin' printer has decided to be slow today. Took 1.5 hours to print 56 pages. Part of the problem was not the printer, only most of it.

So the kids & Nathan are headed to Burger King tonight, whereas, I will be making a stop at JITB just before I get home. It's tonights like this that make me wanna cry since I don't get to spend much time with the kids. Le sigh.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                            Scratch that menu.

I am still at work. My bleepin' printer has decided to be slow today. Took 1.5 hours to print 56 pages. Part of the problem was not the printer, only most of it.

So the kids & Nathan are headed to Burger King tonight, whereas, I will be making a stop at JITB just before I get home. It's tonights like this that make me wanna cry since I don't get to spend much time with the kids. Le sigh.
                            Stupid Printer!!!
                            Le Hugs :ghug:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

No mood to cook.
                              We had scrambled eggs, bacon and pumpkin spice donuts.

Comment

Tonight is eating out at our fav Mexican place

I HAVE to share this with you guys- My mom just emailed me her menu for her 50th birthday party next month! I will be flying out for it and we are going to spend the whole day before cooking for it! Doesn't it sound great!
                                Originally posted by TinkPink's Mom

Appetizer buffet.
                                • Cheese plate (Karen is doing, although I’d rather! She offered.)
                                • Brie cheese with apricot sauce – I’m probably the only one who loves this, but it’s MY party.
                                • Shortbread sandwiches (from the BH&G feature)
                                • Standard veggies/dip
                                • Party snack mix
                                • Mixed nuts
                                • Mozzarella/tomato/basil caprese plate (if I can find good tomatoes)

Dinner.
                                • Salad. Either chopped Italian style or the pear salad featured in BH&G. I’m testing first.
                                • Lasagne. I decided to buy frozen rather than cater it from Salvino’s. Salvino’s charges $75/tray, and I think I’d need at least two.
                                • Frizzeled proscuito brussel sprouts - - don’t worry - - I’m testing this recipe at Barstow Thanksgiving.
                                • Something else I can’t remember

Dessert buffet.
                                • Mini-cannelloni’s (from Salvino’s).
                                • Cheesecake, Key Lime pie
                                • Brownies (do you have an honestly TERRIFIC recipe?)
                                • Some kind of fancy cake
                                • Hopefully Eva will offer to bring something - - dessert is her speciality

Beverages.
                                • Famous punch (note from TinkPink- my mom makes the best punch ever!)
                                • Bottles of red and white wine
                                • A pre-made pitcher of cosmopolitans
                                • Hot buttered rum
                                • Coffee
                                I can't wait!! :yea:
                                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Tink- that sounds delicous. I love Brie cheese- but never had it with apricot sauce? usually just on a sandwhich witrh turkey, melted, mmmm.

But tonights dinner- Friday's always take-out, and my husband has been on a Japanese food kick so I am thinking its gonna be Japanese
                                  Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

TinkPink - I'm excited for you! A party and a trip - good times.

Tonight is takeout Italian while watching Christmas with the Kranks!

Comment

Tink that sounds yummiful!!!

Tacos, my rice & beans tonight yummy!!
                                      Last edited by dsnylndmom; 11-18-2005, 05:45 PM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Hubby announced at lunch today that he and the kids were taking me to dinner! It's been a long few weeks - with the new house, new job, new puppy, head cold, strep! I'm a bit frazzeled!

So it's dinner out - where I have no idea - and then Harry Potter!
                                        Us girls, we're so magical.
                                        Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
                                        Hard to resist, so touchable.
                                        Too good to deny it.
                                        Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

Comment

Here's another "taco leftover" idea for Disney4me

Start to scramble eggs(I used 6)
                                          add leftover taco meat, rice & beans(if you use whole pinto, if refried spread on tortilla) Scramble together. Add green onion & cilantro. On another burner warm up a tortilla spoon scramble mix on tortilla and add leftover cheese & a bit of tomato. Volia! Breakfast Burritos

You can warm your flour tortillas in the microwave too, but I love them done on the burner :blush: Oh and I added pepperjack cheese along with the sharp cheddar.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X