Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Girls! Which magazine should I order??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Girls! Which magazine should I order??

I want to order a magazine for my son's school fundraiser, but I can't decide which one!! I haven't had a subscription since I got Seventeen as a teenager. I often pick up Cosmo, which I like a lot. But I wish it had more fashion. It has some, but I would like a more even amount of beauty, fashion, sex advice, know what I mean?

So, what are some suggestions? I have to decide tonight, as tomorrow is the last day to turn them in. (I know, nothing like waiting until the last minute!)

Right now, I am leaning towards this combo deal they have for Allure and Glamour for $20 for 12 issues. But I have never really gotten them, so I don't really know them. And I don't really need TWO beauty magazines, especially if there isn't anything juicy in them. I would rather have one that better suits what I am looking for, if they have it.

Thanks ladies!! (and laydees)
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Re: Hey Girls! Which magazine should I order??

The only beauty magazine that I can think of is In Style. It has fashion, celebrity stuff but so much on the sex advice.
    Last edited by DisneyGal; 09-18-2008, 02:09 PM.
    sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Ooooh, they also have combo deals for Elle + Elle Decor for $20 and Good Housekeeping + Redbook for $20.

I've never really read Elle or Redbook.

Cosmo is $30 on it's own. :thumbdown
      I'm too broke for that.
      �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Allure is great. They have a nice combination of fashion and news. I've never read Glamour though. You could try Vogue or W. I'm not sure how much sex articles you'd get out of them, but they're all great reads.

sigpic

Comment

The only thing I ever get on a regular basis is Cosmo. My mom used to get Good Housekeeping for a little bit and I would read it on occasion. Not too bad but nothing that would keep someone interested enough for 12 issues, at least in my opinion. Another one of my guilty pleasures in In Style, celeb gossip and fashion bits and pieces. I don't know if it what you are looking for though.

Comment

I love my Glamour subscription. It's one of my favorite magazines.
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks girls!

A SunnyG vouch for Glamour goes a long way. :bow:

I have been interested in Elle because I am such a Project Runway fan.

Comment

Allure has these really cool "how to" cards that show you step by step how to do anything/everything from a professional looking blow out to faking great skin and the latest eyeshadow techniques. And they spell out and make it idiot proof. Really helpful.

Comment

Oh thank you!

Looks like Allure and Glamour are coming in for the win!

Comment

Another vote for Glamour! Lots of great beauty and fashion stuff. And I think there is a "Do and Don't" photo section in every mag that cracks me up.

Comment

Is MarieClaire on the list? That's always been one of my favorites. And I do like InStyle too.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGal View Post
                        The only beauty magazine that I can think of is In Style. It has fashion, celebrity stuff but so much on the sex advice.
                        I have to agree with Disney Gal on this one. InStyle,is a good Magazine and I think Jane is too.

Comment

I love InStyle, but the Glamour do's and don'ts are always hilarious and they make the magazine!
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

Jane went out of business lat year

I like Elle and Marie Claire, as far as those kind of mags go.

Redbook is a good "lifestyle" magazine.

My most FAVE magazine right now is Real Simple because it has such great tips nad tricks. I also REALLY like All You. Yup... I'm a old married woman :lol:
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                              My most FAVE magazine right now is Real Simple because it has such great tips nad tricks. I also REALLY like All You. Yup... I'm a old married woman :lol:
                              Hey "Woman's Day" is awesome and I'm a youngish single girl. It has to be girl thing because I love going through all those magazines and finding recipes and organizational tips.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X