This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belly Button Piercing?

I just noticed that my belly button piercing STILL isn't completely healed. I can still put an earring almost halfway in! It's been 5 years since I took the earring out....is that odd? Does anyone else have a piercing that didn't close completely? I know that I can go weeks without wearing earrings with no problems.

Re: Belly Button Piercing?

Most piercings don't completely heal all the way through. This is why 99% of piercers will put surgical steel jewelry in you as the first piece of jewelry when they initially pierce you (a lot of jewelry is surgical steel). They do this because the body will heal around the surgical steel instead of initially rejecting it like acrylic or plastic and pushing it out. It's perfectly normal for you to have a permanent hole once you're pierced for a long amount of time, even if you took the jewelry out long ago. That's just one of the "draw-backs" of getting pierced and/or gauging your jewelry.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

thank you SOOOO much Jon for the answer. I always wondered why it wasn't healing. I thought I was a freak of nature. haha

Comment

I have more than one piercing in my ears, but I only wear one pair of earrings at a time now. The other holes are still open.

Comment

No problem
          "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
          1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

I have 8 piercing in my ear...I rarely wear earrings and they are all still open.

Comment

I think my belly button is still open. My nipples and tongue healed.
              Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

My belly button healed, it has been out for over 6 years.

My extra ear piercings never did though.

Comment

my tongue and nipple piercings both healed up as well, interesting how some parts of the body do and some don't. i have lots of holes in my ears i never wear anything in anymore, but could if i wanted to
                  Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                  elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                  Originally posted by pratt55
                  Elly is adorkable.

Comment

When I pinch my lobes, I can still feel where the holes used to be be when I had my ears pierced... OVER 20 YEARS AGO!

One ear got infected back in 1986 and I let the holes close up.

Comment

I've had my ears pierced, the bottom set, for 30 years...still open!! I very rarely wear earrings bc my daughter and nephew like to try to pull them out. I've had the top hole, in the cartilage, done for 12 years and it's still open as well.
                      :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                      Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        When I pinch my lobes, I can still feel where the holes used to be be when I had my ears pierced... OVER 20 YEARS AGO!

One ear got infected back in 1986 and I let the holes close up.
                        If you do pinch your ears and feel a hard piece of tissue, you may have keloids. It's scar tissue and isn't harmful unless you plan to pierce your ears again at the same spot or if they grow to a large size.

I took my belly button ring out a month and a half ago so I'm waiting for it to heal.

My best score ever!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
                          If you do pinch your ears and feel a hard piece of tissue, you may have keloids. It's scar tissue and isn't harmful unless you plan to pierce your ears again at the same spot or if they grow to a large size.
                          I don't feel a hard piece of tissue. I can actually feel the indention where the holes were.

Comment

I took my belly button piercing out about 2 years ago, I couldn't put anything in it now but it looks like the hole is still there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X