X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuticle Care

Hi girls!

So I have the horrible and nasty habit of picking my cuticles. They don't look super disgusting (IE: cuts and blood), but they are swollen and pink due to my picking.

What kind of treatments do you use to keep your cuticles healthy? Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

~Lianna~

Re: Cuticle Care

Well, my first tip would be for you to stop picking at your cuticles.

I don't know how much good it does but I soak my nails in a highly concentrated bowl of green tea and warm water for about 10 - 20 minutes, I trim my cuticles and then put a little lavender oil on them.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
      Well, my first tip would be for you to stop picking at your cuticles.

I don't know how much good it does but I soak my nails in a highly concentrated bowl of green tea and warm water for about 10 - 20 minutes, I trim my cuticles and then put a little lavender oil on them.
      Thanks PretzelSouls!

I guess I should have asked for tips on how to stop picking my cuticles. hehe! I notice that I pick when I'm extremely bored or really stressed. But this will come in handy for when I kick the habit of picking!

~Lianna~

Comment

At night especially during the dry winter months I use Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. And after showers when the cuticles are soft I'll use a cuticle pusher to gently push away the skin from the nail. That's all I do.

Facebook me!
        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
          At night especially during the dry winter months I use Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. And after showers when the cuticles are soft I'll use a cuticle pusher to gently push away the skin from the nail. That's all I do.

Ohhh, I LOVE that stuff. It smells pretty good too. CLICK TO SEE PRODUCT
          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I use a cuticle cream I got at Bath & Body Works. It's part of their True Blue Spa line. It's 59% shea butter, smells really good and makes your cuticles nice and soft. You just massage a small amount into your cuticles every day.

Comment

Some people bite their cuticles and some pick them with their nails. If you bite them, using Orly No Bite may help. It's like a clear nail polish but it tastes WAY nasty when you put your finger in your mouth. If you pick them, I'd go with keeping your cuticles really lotioned up and supple - they're harder to pick at if they're too soft and smooth to get ahold of!

Good luck! Breaking habits is hard work.

'course the other thing to maybe think about is what is making you so bored/nervous that you pick your cuticles and then deal with that problem...

Comment

Yeah, I second PS. Use a cuticle trimmer on them, and if they are too short for that, try doing what Izzy said and use a cuticle pusher. I find it easier to cut mine when they are dry, and easier to push them back when they are wet. Definately keep them well lotioned...that keeps them soft.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X