Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pencil skirt+ WHAT SHIRT=Best family-meeting outfit?? HELP :(!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pencil skirt+ WHAT SHIRT=Best family-meeting outfit?? HELP :(!

Okay so tomorrow night I'm meeting the rest of my boyfriend's family, who have all heard enough about me to be excited about meeting me and asking months ago if I was attending this family event.
    My request of all of you: be my gal pals sitting around my room eating chocolate while I model clothes and tell me what to wear to this shindig!

I know I want to wear a black pencil skirt as I spent $20 on it at Target and it's been worn once on the train, but I don't know what to wear with it!! I'm going for semi-semi formal here as I don't know where I'm eating dinner, but my bf has reminded me that I don't have to overdress like I always do. I kept asking him what I should wear, and finally he said he wanted me to wear the "dressy" stuff I'd wear to dinner with him to dinner like I did over the summer (skirt, tank, sweater and heels, or a sweater, tank, jeans and heels.) Before you ask, no, I don't have my sweater--I stupidly left it at my boyfriend's house, though I can always ask him to bring it tomorrow night as a final touch up.

I'll post pictures of my clothes to give you all an idea, but right now I'm thinking of the black skirt with a red button up top with a pointed collar and heels if I can borrow a pair from my mom. My favorite pair fell apart sometime this fall and I haven't gotten around to buying another in the same style.
    For your suggesting help, I have tank tops in every color imaginable; my sweater is a light gray; and I have a few "dressy" tops in black and gray. If you want pictures of anything to get an idea, just let me know.
    Thanks for the help guys!!
    dreams. come. true.

Re: Pencil skirt+ WHAT SHIRT=Best family-meeting outfit?? HELP !

I have a black pencil skirt too. And I stared at that thing for days before figuring out what to wear it with. So, I bought a cute little sapphire blue fitted tee with quarter sleeves. It looks really cute with a pair of high heels.

I recently bought a grey pencil skirt. I'm thinking of pairing it with a fitted, classic white button up skirt. Tucked in, I think it would be very cute with this pair of black heels I got that lace up.

So, there ya go. Either a very colorful fitted tee, or classic button up shirt. I think as long as you keep the shirt fitted, you will be fine. If you wear a blousey, or loose shirt, it will throw off the nice line of the skirt.

I think the red button up shirt, black skirt, (black heels or red heels if you have some the same shade) and some kind of short necklace....maybe pearls? Would look VERY nice! I think the shirt should be tucked in...unless you prefer it out, check and see how it looks better. And you should unbutton the top couple of buttons to give it a more casual, less businessy look.

If you don't wear it tucked it, try replacing the necklace with a cute pair of gold dangle earrings and no necklace. It will add a little sexiness to show off your neck.

Comment

I have a fitted crisp white button blouse that I wear with pencil skirts. Yes, with heels. I like the fitted tee shirt ideas too since you are doing more of a family thing and not a business thing.

Comment

I have a black pencil skirt. You can wear just about anything with it. Pick out a nice top (nearly any color goes with black), wear some black or off-black pantyhose, some black heels and you're all set!

Comment

After some modeling for my mom this morning, I decided on the following...

On the floor because I'm classy like that.

These shoes are too perfect. They are size 9, and I usually wear a 9 1/2 or a 10 and they fit! They match the skirt and the shirt perfectly in terms of color, and will be good for me as I have no black pumps that aren't trashed. AND I got them for $8.00, so even though they are too big by half a centimeter, I cannot complain about them.

Modeling the shirt and skirt in the kitchen, doing my best 1950's Kenmore ad impression. I will be wearing the headband tomorrow night also, one of the best $7 investments I've made in a long time. The skirt makes my hips look a little bigger than I'd like, but I'm planning on wearing my tummy tucking magic underwear tomorrow.
          And with having said that, I hope I don't make roundup like I always seem to with posts like this.

My feet in the shoes. I'm repainting my toes tonight, along with my fingers, in a dull berry to match a really pretty lipglaze that I just got. Dark colors like that usually don't work terribly well on me--my boyfriend says otherwise though, only because he likes goth chicks--but this has enough of a pink tone to not overpower my face. I could get away with a smokey eye with this color and not look like a clown! Woo!
          Yeah, so thank y'all for input. I hope to get pictures of the finished product tomorrow before I catch my train up to LA.
          dreams. come. true.

Comment

Looks good! I am LOVING the shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
              Looks good! I am LOVING the shoes!
              Target was SO picked over, these were the only cute ones that weren't shiny pleather black or with a stupid overly-chunky heel. I wish they had an ankle strap, but I suppose I could always hotglue a homemade one on eventually, haha. They were marked $11, a steal in itself, but when we got to the register the woman took ANOTHER $3 off!! I was happy. My lipgloss was more expensive than the shoes.
              It's the Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze by Revlon, and I'm wearing it right now to see if it'll be worth it for tomorrow. I have such horrible luck with colored glosses, but this one is very matte and seems to be holding up rather well. My mom was the one who told me about this specific line--she is HOARDING the gloss! Every time she sees it, she buys a tube, just so she is well stocked. She's crazy.
              dreams. come. true.

Comment

Killer deal on the shoes!! :thumbup:

Comment

LOVE the shoes! Freaking KA-YOOT!

The rest of the outfit looks good too! Nice choice on the top!

Comment

I like the outfit. The fitted, tucked in shirt makes your waist look teeny. And the shows are SO great! Oh. I want some!!!!

Comment

Aw you look great! The whole outfit is adorable. I love pencil skirts!!

Facebook me!
                      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Round Up? :whistling

Very cute outfit. And the mega shoe bargain = double score!

Comment

As this is one of my more pointless threads, let's talk about bargains.

What was your greatest--or favorite-- shopping bargain[s]?

Mine are more huge amount/small prices bargains. I used to shop at Hot Topic obsessively, and I would go on days where they would have their clearance specials--buy one get one free, or all clearance merch half price from what is marked. I could get earrings for $.50, and shirts for $5. I would often leave with a huge bag, completely filled, and would only spend about $30 for it all on a half-price day. Once my mom and I were in Anchor Blue, which is the one of the few "trendy prep" stores I'll shop in. (Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister literally make me sick to my stomach to shop in. I've tried to get over it, but I can't.) It was the end of summer so they had taken all of the summer clothes off the racks to make way for the fall fashions, so she and I raided the very-full clearance section. We bought about $120 worth of stuff for $40, and I didn't have to shop again til November when it started to get chilly.
                          Oh yeah, and those awesome shoes I got yesterday.
                          dreams. come. true.

Comment

Oh man... I love it when I find a good deal.

Two of my favorites have to be:

-getting a $250 pair of Charles David shoes for $50
                            -getting a $125 pair of awesome Franco Sarto boots for $15!

Comment

I once found a pair of $300 DKNY shoes for $50.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X