This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Shampoo?

I am just now trying it out. I cannot do the wash, dry, flat iron routine daily. I have dry hair so I usually wash every 4 days. I think it would be nice for the days in between, especially in the summer or when I happen to work out.

Anyone use this stuff? Do you have a favorite kind, or any tips?

Re: Dry Shampoo?

Shampoo every 3 or 4 days. That's what I do. It cleans, refreshes and adds volume to my hair in such a way that makes me feel on top of the world. I recently used the Batiste brand - tropical scent. it's a blend of coconut, peach and melon, leaving you feel like a fragrant bird of paradise.

BTW Your hair is gorgeous!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I've heard the Oscar Blandi or Frederic Fekkai (sp) brands of dry shampoo are good.

Comment

Good thread! I'm getting tired of the daily washings too... plus it just isn't good for your hair. Every other day would be good for me (3-4 days greasy mess!)

Comment

With my oily hair, I only wash it every other day. Otherwise its too gross!!!

I've always wanted to try that dry stuff. Hope it works well!
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LLEBREKNIT View Post
            I am just now trying it out. I cannot do the wash, dry, flat iron routine daily. I have dry hair so I usually wash every 4 days. I think it would be nice for the days in between, especially in the summer or when I happen to work out.

Anyone use this stuff? Do you have a favorite kind, or any tips?
            Say. You started this thread. Where did you go?

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
            With my oily hair, I only wash it every other day. Otherwise its too gross!!!

I've always wanted to try that dry stuff. Hope it works well!
            I have oily hair. It works for mwah.

Comment

I just tried the Oscar Blandi and it may have worked too well. It got my hair 100% grease free on day 4 without a real wash. However, now its all dry and somewhat poofy. I have thick hair so it looks really big. Now to figure out what to put in it to smooth it out a bit.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I clearly do not know what I am doing here.

Comment

I just tried the Oscar Blandi and it may have worked too well. It got my hair 100% grease free on day 4 without a real wash. However, now its all dry and somewhat poofy. I have thick hair so it looks really big. Now to figure out what to put in it to smooth it out a bit.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I clearly do not know what I am doing here.
                Hair jell may help. Also, your beauty operator may need to cut your hair in line with how it is reacting. A good operator won't fool around when it comes to folical folly.

Comment

How much was the Oscar Blandi stuff.. and where did you find it?

Comment

Sephora has it for $11 for travel and $21 for full sized. I just got travel sized to test it out.

I plan to go to my Sister in laws tomorrow anyway so I will have her look at it. She does my hair.

Comment

I'll have to try that brand. i tried the Ojon brand. i did not care for it at all. I do have very oily hair though. I wash it everyday.

Comment

Sephora has it for $11 for travel and $21 for full sized. I just got travel sized to test it out.

I plan to go to my Sister in laws tomorrow anyway so I will have her look at it. She does my hair.

Glad to here it. You have an awesome sister-in-law. That makes thinks easier.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          I'll have to try that brand. i tried the Ojon brand. i did not care for it at all. I do have very oily hair though. I wash it everyday.

Hope Ojon works for you, SCUBabe.

Comment

I've been wanting to try the dry shampoo, but they just seem so expensive. Is it much different from just using powder?

Right now I usually wash every other day, but some days I'll go for a third day & use baby powder. I use a huge bronzer/face brush & put it on at night before bed.
                            <o>

Comment

I have never tried the baby powder method, but I have heard it works really well. I think its the same idea.

I was always scared to make a mess of it. Maybe in the next week or so I will try that using the a brush like you mentioned. Then I will be able to see if there is a big difference, it would be much less expensive.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X