Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of a non-violent way to get rid of moles?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of a non-violent way to get rid of moles?

It's not a gopher, but definitely a mole who keeps tunneling up through our front lawn even though we have gopher wire about three inches down.

He' s made three big holes so far and we're afraid he's going to ruin the sprinkler pipes soon.

Help ! (please)

Re: Does anyone know of a non-violent way to get rid of moles?

Sorry, don't have any advice to give but I am glad you're looking for a non-violent way to get rid of your pesty mole
    ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

I have heard that they do not like smell of other.....well you see it's like this....er...uhmmm....unrine.....JUST HAVE SOMEONE PEE IN THERE! :blush:

No seriously I have heard that this works if you do it enough times.
      You could always buy a terrier!

Comment

Is flooding them out too violent?

That's what Donald Duck did with Chip and Dale! At least in one cartoon...

Comment

And I thought you meant mole, as in Beauty Mark... LOL.

I have no experience with the ones on your lawn.
          ...it's been a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey
            And I thought you meant mole, as in Beauty Mark... LOL.
            Me too! And I came in all armed with my advice for getting rid of moles. Er, the other kind.
            Last edited by TinkPink; 09-14-2005, 12:48 PM.
            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Have you considered renting a small trap and trapping it? Then, you can drive it to a remote area and release it. Contact your local Humane Society or SPCA for info - they're usually willing to help.
              disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

What about those sonic things?

Comment

Nonviolent...that removes all of my varmit remedies.

Comment

Flooding is BAD....don't ever try that....remember they are making holes in the ground..flooding can cause your yard to cave in.

OK..here's what I can tell you about my life dealing with gophers (yes, I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack when I have one in my back yard AND front yard).

Putting Exlax in the hole, they eat it, get sick and never want to come back. I hear the same thing works with Juicyfruit gum. I've never tried the gum.

However, the BEST method I have used was with a little gadget I bought off the internet. You hook it up to your exhaust pipe on your car with a garden hose and with the open hole, you well basically kill them with the exhaust. I've done this 5 times with 100% success. I've never encountered a decomposing odor either after the fact. I can't remember what the gadget is called. I bought it over 3 years ago and no longer have the box.

I do suggest a good search on the internet looking for ways to remove moles/gophers.

After my last gassing (about 18 months ago) I put in the noise makers you put in the ground. I haven't had trouble with gophers since putting it in but I noticed one of my neighbors who never had trouble with gophers before had trouble this time where I didn't. So who knows.

Best of luck.....I know what it is like to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Churro
                      I have heard that they do not like smell of other.....well you see it's like this....er...uhmmm....unrine.....JUST HAVE SOMEONE PEE IN THERE! :blush:

No seriously I have heard that this works if you do it enough times.
                      You could always buy a terrier!
                      i'm sorry to say that this works..you have to do it every 3-4 days.
                      please be afraid.

Comment

just wanted to say thanks...I didn't post this but my poor husband is really starting to remind me of the guy in Caddyshack chasing out our moles...

I will have to show him this thread.

Were going to have to try the exlax and sonic things... sounds like it just might work.
                        procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by burgirl
                          Putting Exlax in the hole, they eat it, get sick and never want to come back. I hear the same thing works with Juicyfruit gum. I've never tried the gum.
                          Juicy Fruit gum kills them. It plugs up their insides. It works amazingly well on squirrels and I know it works on gophers. I see no reason why it would not work on a mole.

Comment

ok, here is how to chase a mole away.........
                            Now this will look silly but if you want mr mole to go away you must be diligent on this matter....
                            you must stand by the hole ( and the mole) and sing at the top of your lungs, it has to be a high pitched song and you must be as loud as can be.......... now you must dance, yes dance your fool head off....... ok,then you must put your hand to your mouth and do the indian call.......... now you must do this all thru the day and night until the mole can not take it any more........this may take up to a few weeks but I am positive this will do the trick!!!!!!

oh oh, I think this is how to get rid of a neighbor........ Let me get back to you on this ok
                            Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 09-15-2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

i heard for gophers you drop a cheapie transistor radio tuned to a rock n roll station (doesnt have to be loud) down the hole and the gophers will run like rabbits..i dont see why it wouldnt work on moles..we have moles here but the cat usually takes care of them!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X