• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joshrzmeup
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2006

Make-up question

I love my BE make-up very much, but I have noticed, even when using concealer, foundation and mineral veil that it does a good job of softening the acne bumps, but not the redness that comes with them. That is plain to see still.

So what can I use under my BE make-up to cover some of the redness?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban
  • SCUBAbe
    no flash photography...
    • Jan 2005

Re: Make-up question

I use timebalm concealer.

Comment

• wolfy
      Still wants to be a cat!
      • Jan 2005

I use a tinted moisturizer....I've found Cover Girl actually has one for my skin tone and works well as a Sunscreen also.
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• knittingknerd
        It's knittingknurse now.
        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
        • Jul 2006

I moisten my brush a little bit and apply foundation. And if I have a big icky area I use Benefit's Some Kind of Gorgeous, foundation faker.

Comment

• MsSarah
          formerly PretzelSouls!
          • Aug 2007

I have horrible acne prone skin, and BM usually isn't enough coverage so I use Clinique Almost Makeup. It's a liquid foundation, but it's really light and it covers up bumps & redness. A tinted moisturizer would also work well.
          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• SusieP.
            Ravenclaw

• Jan 2005

The Rare Minerals treatment seems to cancel out the redness if you use it under the foundation, plus helps get rid of the acne.

Off brand though, I will put in a vote for Benefit's Erase Paste. I think that gets my award for product of the year.
            A signature should go here.

Comment

• SaraNoH
              Waiting Since 1992
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
              The Rare Minerals treatment seems to cancel out the redness if you use it under the foundation, plus helps get rid of the acne.

Off brand though, I will put in a vote for Benefit's Erase Paste. I think that gets my award for product of the year.
              That is EXACTLY what I use and what I was going to say.

I use it under my BE make-up all the time and it is great(The Erase Paste, that is).

Comment

• Joshrzmeup
                MiceChatter
                • Mar 2006

I've used Rare Minerals and have the blemish therapy and put it on almost daily but it doesn't seem to help much at all.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am writing them down so I can make a Sephora run this week to try them and see.
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

• SusieP.
                  Ravenclaw

• Jan 2005

Don't forget to ask for samples of stuff before you buy anything! They are super generous about that at Sephora.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                    no flash photography...
                    • Jan 2005

I use rare minerals and it does help blemishes go away, but it doesn't conceal them at all. I only get a bad blemish every other month or so, but I have to use something more than the bare minerals to conceal it.

Comment

• aimster
                      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Benefits's Boo Boo Zap helps clear up zits that pop up on occasion quickly.

And remember... green cancels out red. Maybe the Smashbox foundation primer that's green would help.

Comment

• sunnygirl
                        rainy day girl
                        • Apr 2005

Benefit and tarte both have wonderful yellow concealers that you dab on your red spots. When covered with your regular face stuff, it makes your skin tone so even and perfect.
                        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Joshrzmeup
                          MiceChatter
                          • Mar 2006

I took all of your suggestions and the lady at Sephora helped me quite a bit. They took off my make-up and tried a few different things but in the end it was Cargo OneBase that really looked the best under my BE. So i'm going to try it for a few days.
                          She had me try both Benefit products and a green sephora stick product as well.
                          She also said camomille tea bags brewed and placed over acne would take down redness as well if I wanted to try it at night sometime.

Comment

• MsSarah
                            formerly PretzelSouls!
                            • Aug 2007

Glad to hear that you found something that works for you!
                            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• StrikeYerColors
                              A Weather Eye Open
                              • Mar 2007

Cargo is great, as well as Clinique... I've been using the Cargo foundation that comes in the little foil packet for about a year now. I am thinking of switching to BM now that I've run out again, but haven't had the time or money to go to Sephora and try it out. I'm starting to have more acne than I used to int he past couple years, so I think I need a switch!
                              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

• MsSarah
                                formerly PretzelSouls!
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                                Cargo is great, as well as Clinique... I've been using the Cargo foundation that comes in the little foil packet for about a year now. I am thinking of switching to BM now that I've run out again, but haven't had the time or money to go to Sephora and try it out. I'm starting to have more acne than I used to int he past couple years, so I think I need a switch!
                                I love Clinique especially because they are allergy tested!

Comment

• aimster
                                  Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I've been using BM exclusively for foundation for 4 years now and I'll never go back to liquid foundation. I don't have acne prone skin, but I get the occasional zit here and there. I actually have one on my chin right now, but it's going away with a mix of Clean & Clear Persa Gel and Benefit's Boo Boo Zap.

Comment

• MakeUp4Art
                                    MakeUp4Art
                                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                                    I love my BE make-up very much, but I have noticed, even when using concealer, foundation and mineral veil that it does a good job of softening the acne bumps, but not the redness that comes with them. That is plain to see still.

So what can I use under my BE make-up to cover some of the redness?
                                    I stipple (pat) MAC concealer, the cream one in the pot over foundation but under powder foundation when there is a real skin problem. Primer before foundation also helps to even out the skin, but exfoliation is still the number one tip to get a good canvas for make-up. PS: Your concealer needs to be thick and dry in consistency (less oily) for better coverage, the thinner/ oilier it is the more it slides and the less it will cover.
                                    Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
                                      Banned User
                                      • Aug 2005

I use Lancome Maquicomplet - Concealer by Lancome
                                      in correcteur. (It's a yellow color.)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X