Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Glasses or Contacts? What do you think?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses or Contacts? What do you think?

I have found in my life that the hardest decisions to make are the ones that affect yourself. As a result I am at an impasse.....

Glasses

OR

Contacts

BTW, pardon the funny angle and horrible lighting. I am queen of the old "Take your OWN pic at arms length" move.
    Glasses
    63.64%
    Contacts
    36.36%
    I don't know either!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by krystledm; 07-02-2009, 03:15 PM.

Re: Glasses or Contacts? What do you think?

It'd be better to have similar pictures but I'm saying with glasses.

Comment

You look nice in both pictures - but it really depends on what makes you more comfortable. Contacts tend to make eyes dry and become irritated; but glasses tend to smudge and get dirty. Like aashee said, it would be easier to choose if you had two similar pictures. Personally, I like the glasses look because it adds more...."spice"...to your face.
      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

A little more information I should have included

If I get glasses again I was thinking of going with a similar frame in a cobalt blue.

I had contacts in jr. high so they don't bother me. I'm just really unsure. The only pro I have for them that matters is that I can wear sunglasses when I work. I work outside so the sunglasses are a must, but but without my glasses I can't see faces very well froma distance. Working in a school, it's important to know which child I'm speaking to, even across a field.

And thank you for responding so quickly!

Comment

I like contacts, mainly so if it's sunny out I can wear sunglasses without losing my vision. I'm a big fan of sunglasses.

sigpic

Comment

I like the glasses better.

You CAN get glasses that have sunglasses - mine were attached by little magnets, so the glasses looked fine with our without. It was just a front piece that attached.

I currently use some of those bigger sunglasses ones that just go over the glasses - they really don't look THAT bad. though I usually only wear them when i drive. I got them at the sunglasses outlet for $20.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I have transition lenses on my glass that work perfectly for sunny days.
              Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Lasik!!!! Best decision I ever made!! I donated all my glasses and contacts back to my optometrist!

My best score ever!

Comment

I wear both, but I usually wear contacts.

For you glasses for sure! The shape of the frames are great for your face!

Comment

I say why ask? wear what makes you feel good. I wear both two and some days either or.
                    -------------------------------------------
                    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

you look really cute with your glasses. But, then...I've always liked glasses.

Comment

Thank you for all of your input!

I think what I'm going to do is get glasses but have them give me my contact prescription too. I can always order contacts from lenscrafters.com later and surprisingly at a good price.

Comment

yeah, you can always switch up. One day, wear glasses...then wear contacts another.

I just don't think I could, personally, handle contacts. I'd freak out sticking something in my eye. Maybe you get used to it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                            yeah, you can always switch up. One day, wear glasses...then wear contacts another.

I just don't think I could, personally, handle contacts. I'd freak out sticking something in my eye. Maybe you get used to it, though.

You definitely get used to it. Like I said, I had contacts when I was in jr. high. The Dr. made me put them in before I could leave and it took me 45 minutes the first time. By the time I ran out, I was popping them in and out without a mirror. It's really not so bad once you get used to the idea.

Comment

I guess so. I figured it's one of those things you get used to, and then don't even think about. I'm just weird about my eyes. And I know my husband could never do it. He's super freaky about his eyes. He flinches like crazy if I try to move a loose eyelash!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X