This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Decay

I have been using the Eyeshadow Primer for a couple of years now and LOVE it. I've noticed in Sephora's e-mails that Urban Decay has now started producing a Makeup Primer....has anyone tried it yet? Does it work?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Re: Urban Decay

I thought, what a serious topic for the Gibson Girls. LOL. Carry on.

Comment

That's OK, my husband always grimaces when I mention the brand name also.

- Wolfette

Comment

I'm curious to find out as well. I do like the Primer Potion in SIN. And their 24/7 eyeliners are pretty awesome as too.
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I'm curious as well. I love my Smashbox primer, but I'm always looking for new ones to compare.

Comment

I've tried Smashbox and BM Primers with no satisfaction, was hoping this new one from Urban Decay might do the trick.

- Wolfette

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread, I was wondering the same thing as well. Hopefully someone will have tried it. Most of their products seem to be good quality - so I'd assume the face primer would be good.
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I have not tried it yet but I am very curious as to how it works as well. My opinion of UD products is always one extreme, or the other. Its a love hate relationship I have..

Comment

What exactly is makeup primer? Isn't that what foundation is for
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Primer is colorless and it helps even out your skin and help fill in fine lines, making your face a perfect canvas for foundation so it goes on smoothly & evenly. Plus it helps foundation last longer (usually all day with minimal touch-up needed, if at all).

Basically, you use foundation primer like you use paint primer... it gets what you're going to paint/apply makeup to ready so it looks its best.

Smashbox also makes primers that do have some color, but they're to color correct skin issues. They have a green primer that will help cancel out red areas, a yellow primer that helps correct discoloration & under-eye circles and a little redness and a purple one for... I forget. They also have one that has a touch of bronzer in it to give your skin a slight bronze glow so you don't need to use as much foundation as you normally would.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhh ok. I know what primer is, it was the makeup part that was throwing me
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I've been using the Too Faced eyeshadow primer for a year now. It's amazing. You may want to give that a try.

Comment

I didn't care much for Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer and use "Paula Dorf" instead.... but, I do need it to be multipurpose. I use it for light daily shadow and crazy heavy stage makeup.

As for regular primer.... if you have clear skin and use a minimal amount of makeup on your face.... especially if it's powder, mineral makeup, I actually don't recommend using any primer at all.

When I do heavy stage makeup though, I use "Lorac" Aquaprime. It's water based and oil free.
                          "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

sigpic

~ Walt Disney ~

Comment

As for regular primer.... if you have clear skin and use a minimal amount of makeup on your face.... especially if it's powder, mineral makeup, I actually don't recommend using any primer at all.
                            Well, I use Bare Minerals foundation and found it works really well with Smashbox's primer. It helps grab the foundation better and makes it last longer. And my skin is pretty clear (I only get the occasional zit when Aunt Flo comes for her monthly visit).

I've recently been using Avon's MagicFX primer and I love it! It's slightly heavier than Smashbox's light primer, but it works just as well (a little goes a long way). And it's only $10! One of my coworkers sells Avon, so I plan on ordering a few more tubes from her soon.

Comment

Oh cool. For some reason I feel like my purminerals clings too much to my primer and creates a 'too made up' look. It makes my powder look heavy. Maybe it's time that I try a different primer out.

When my skin is clear, I use as little purminerals as possible and only put concealer over the dark circles under my eyes. When I have a blemish to cover though, combining concealer and the purminerals is tricky. I have to work to make it not look 'cakey'.
                              Last edited by PrincessKellyR; 09-16-2009, 02:37 PM.
                              "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

sigpic

~ Walt Disney ~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X