Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

    Hello my fellow Micechatters. I frequent these boards a lot, and consider a lot of you like part of an extended family. We have fun on here, we chat about different things, and when I feel that word needs to be spread about something or just need advice or help on something, I turn here to all of you.


    So I have a message to pass along, and I ask any of you to please pass the word along if you can. Like on facebook, myspace, any other message boards, and or just by word of mouth.


    Becka and myself have recently within the last few weeks bought two separate packages of LUVS Ultra Leak Guards in the purple & green packages from two separate Targets that are miles apart, one in Buena Park, the other in Westminster. And both were defective!!!!! The right strap breaks off way too easily. We have tried contacting LUVS and they won't do anything. They sent two coupons for the first batch. But we don't want credit or free money from them. We want a refund. They have a money back guarantee, but you have to mail in one of the diapers from the defective package along with personal information which will generally cost more than what you paid for the pack. And they won't pull them from store shelves, and there's not much Target or any other store can do. (Though Target is letting me bring the second pack back for a refund or exchange. I just talked to them.)

    But we're not buying anymore LUVS from anywhere, and I suggest to all of you to do the same. Granted they might be the cheapest at most places, but the word cheap has a few different definitions as we all know. So pay a little more money for better quality, that's what I suggest. Again, please spread the word if you can. Need to get the word out so that other parents don't go through this.

  • #2
    Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

    I found Luvs to be of poor quality with my oldest daughter so I never bought a pack for the twins. We're a Huggies/Pampers/Kirkland(whenever we get to go to Costco) household.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

      I've never had problems with luvs, but again we also get costco brand. Looks like your boy is about ready to be potty trained, there for no more diapers soon. Bet thats going to feel good
      -------------------------------------------
      I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

        I hated luvs and that was over 18 years ago. i guess they haven't changed much.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

          Originally posted by Mommyto4 View Post
          I've never had problems with luvs, but again we also get costco brand. Looks like your boy is about ready to be potty trained, there for no more diapers soon. Bet thats going to feel good
          Yeah Becka's trying to get him into potty training, making him wear the pull ups. Yet, he hasn't grasped the concept for pulling on and off his pants/diapers. Soon though yes. But he's only 2 years 3 months old, but the size of a 3 year old. What started as a premie size when he was born (the only thing that fit him when we brought him home was a build a bear outfit) has now grown like a weed and is the size of a 3 year old. He's going to be a tall kid.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

            Originally posted by AidensDaddy View Post
            Yeah Becka's trying to get him into potty training, making him wear the pull ups. Yet, he hasn't grasped the concept for pulling on and off his pants/diapers. Soon though yes. But he's only 2 years 3 months old, but the size of a 3 year old. What started as a premie size when he was born (the only thing that fit him when we brought him home was a build a bear outfit) has now grown like a weed and is the size of a 3 year old. He's going to be a tall kid.
            Have Becca try real big boy pants. pull ups are justt diapers, and kids hate the "real wetness" on there bottom !! my daughter was trained by 2 1/2 in just a day when she was taken off of pull ups into real panties, OMG she freaked. the wet was a no go for her.
            I also trained my next 2 this way, real underware also when you go out take plastic outer pants to keep it in if he has an accident.( to keep outer cloths dry) we just took off the undies and put them in a plastic bag and put dry ones back on. they learn faster when there is a real discomfort of being wet. Yeah its more work, but soon he will be trained .
            -------------------------------------------
            I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

              Originally posted by Mommyto4 View Post
              Have Becca try real big boy pants. pull ups are justt diapers, and kids hate the "real wetness" on there bottom !! my daughter was trained by 2 1/2 in just a day when she was taken off of pull ups into real panties, OMG she freaked. the wet was a no go for her.
              I also trained my next 2 this way, real underware also when you go out take plastic outer pants to keep it in if he has an accident.( to keep outer cloths dry) we just took off the undies and put them in a plastic bag and put dry ones back on. they learn faster when there is a real discomfort of being wet. Yeah its more work, but soon he will be trained .
              I woke up this morning about 4 am, hearing what sounded like paper rustling in his crib. Half asleep, or trying to sleep, I didn't think much about it. Then a while after I let him out of the room, that was when I saw the diaper on the floor, and a puddle in the sheets.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

                Wow. My mom used cloth diapers on me. Now she uses them as dust rags. :lol:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

                  Originally posted by AidensDaddy View Post
                  I woke up this morning about 4 am, hearing what sounded like paper rustling in his crib. Half asleep, or trying to sleep, I didn't think much about it. Then a while after I let him out of the room, that was when I saw the diaper on the floor, and a puddle in the sheets.
                  this is a classic sign your boy wants them off and to be potty trained. when kids take off diapers they are ready to be trained get busy :lol:
                  -------------------------------------------
                  I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

                    Originally posted by Mommyto4 View Post
                    this is a classic sign your boy wants them off and to be potty trained. when kids take off diapers they are ready to be trained get busy :lol:
                    They weren't taken off, the diaper came off when the strap broke. Hence the reason for this thread.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

                      thanks for the warning!

                      btw - we're having trouble with the potty training too. sometimes it seems like our 6 month old will get it before the toddler does.
                      http://findingmickey.com
                      the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

                        Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        Wow. My mom used cloth diapers on me. Now she uses them as dust rags. :lol:
                        My mom too! I was going to post that but you did it for me. :lol:




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Attention Parents: Defective Diapers Alert!!!

                          I will let my relatives know about the defective Luvs, but I think they use Huggies of my little cousin.

                          My mom used cloth diapers and a diaper service for me too, when I was a wee one. My sis and bro got the disposables and diaper genies, though.

                          Good luck with the potty training, all you parents! My sis and i both potty trained early, as girls are wont to do, but my little brother took ages and was a real pain about it. He was 3 and still in diapers and pooing in his pull ups. We tried everything! Little potties, big boy potties, pull ups, real underwear, the works. Bribed him with a whole bucket of his favorite candy (a family friend who also had a stubborn boy for a 3rd child said that Starbursts was what finally worked for them), and that rainbow art set they sold on the infomercials that he wanted.
                          He actually potty trained in secret at daycare; the provider said he was so good about it that she assumed he had potty trained at home too, but he was using the bathroom for real for MONTHS there and still doing dirty pull ups at home. Little boys can be so stubborn! My mother once made him sit there on the pot for at least an hour when she knew he had to go, and he just held it and held it and cried because he didn't want to use the toilet, and she finally gave up.
                          I think the last straw was when I caught him peeing in the corner of the playroom, and then he went number 2 on the carpet when my sister was babysitting him. That's how we found out he was trianed at daycare, and my mom put her foot down and got the daycare provider (who he loved but was also a firm lady) to help. They do get tired of being wet in the pull ups eventually! I think the problem was that he just didn't want to be a big boy, he wanted to keep being a baby.
                          Sorry to share such a nightmare, but he was the worst potty trainer I've heard of! It's kind of hilarious to think back on it now. And it goes to show how much boys can be different than girls sometimes, or one sibling from another.
                          "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)


                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X