Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about bareMinerals Foundation.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about bareMinerals Foundation.

Yeah, i'm not sure if this is deserving of a new thread, but I was just curious, does this foundation actually work? I saw it on QVC [yesi'moldladylike] but that didn't help with anything, it seems like it wouldn't work since it's just a powder. I can't stand liquid foundation or much of anything on my face, so I just figured that since many of you frequent Sephora, you might give me some info on it.

my GF loves it and swears by it. Won't leave home without it.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

I have rosacea, and it works perfectly for it! It not only covers well, but it doesn't cake and it lasts ALL day, even in the heat. I recommend using the Mineral Veil over the foundation. It gives the face a nice "candle glow" appearance and helps to set the foundation.

And, the best part - it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. My skin can totally breathe!
      [email protected]

Comment

Which Bare Minerals products do you have DP?
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
          Which Bare Minerals products do you have DP?
          I use the foundation in Fairly Light, and then use the Mineral Veil over it.

I want to get some blush next.
          [email protected]

Comment

I swear by it!! I don't know what the prices are like on qvc, but I bought the starter kit at Sephora, and I love it!! I recommend the starter kit, because the 3 brushes are incredible and they're included!!!

I have really bad skin (I feel like a 12 year old!) and pores and my skin looks 50% better....no more break-outs from liquid foundation! I was using Smashbox for a year and then Lancome for a year....both were good, but I'd have to re-apply mid-day and it was a vicious cycle....I'd use the foundation for coverage....which would make me break out.

With bare minerals, I never re-apply, and it doesn't rub off on clothing (at least in my experience).

I got a sample of philosophy's microdermabrasion kit today....and OMG! My skin is smooth and clear with the combination of products! I'm so happy today!

~Claire

I sound like a commercial!

Comment

Wow, glad I found this thread. I've been watching those infomercials for years, and when I see the stuff on QVC I'm so tempted to try it...

I have pretty dry skin, and my skin tone is olive - do you think it would work for me? I normally use MAC foundation (when I wear make-up) the light, satin finish one. I hate wearing anything other than lipstick and mascara, but have to use something to even out my skin tone. So far the MAC Works, but I'd like to try this!
              :::: :monkey: ::: :monkey: ::: :monkey: ::: :monkey: ::::
              johnny depp, animated at last!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Martini
                I have pretty dry skin, and my skin tone is olive - do you think it would work for me? I normally use MAC foundation (when I wear make-up) the light, satin finish one. I hate wearing anything other than lipstick and mascara, but have to use something to even out my skin tone. So far the MAC Works, but I'd like to try this!
                1. It won't dry out your skin. There are no alcohols or oils in it.
                2. As far as the even skin tone - the starter kits come with 2 shades plus the Mineral Veil (which is translucent). This way, you can blend the two shades to match your own skin. Unfortunately for me, they didn't have a starter kit for the fairest skin. It started at light.
                3. If you have a Sephora in your area, it's worth the trip. They'll apply it and color blend it for you, then even make you a sample to try out at home. The sample they made for me lasted about 3 applications. You'll be amazed at how little of it goes a long way in coverage.
                [email protected]

Comment

Thanks! There is a Sephora here really close, but I never bothered to see if they had Bare Minerals. Just one of those things that never crossed my mind...

I will definitely check it out and report back!

Comment

Sephora reports are always welcome here. The more the merrier.

I have been wanting to try this stuff out, but I want to get the full sale on it at Sephora before I buy it. This is one item I will not be buying online. So glad to hear that it really does work well.
                    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

This makes me sad, I had the last kit at the sacramento in my hot little hand last weekend and didn't get it, long story, but I was sooooo sad.

But hopefully I'll pick one up this weekend, I did get to try it out and match my skin tone so I can at least order online if I have to, since I do know my color now.

Pebbles is the resident Bare Minerals expert, she must not have seen the thread yet, I :bow: to her bare minerals knowledge!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                        Pebbles is the resident Bare Minerals expert, she must not have seen the thread yet, I :bow: to her bare minerals knowledge!!
                        Aww!! I LOVE YOU, Tina ballerina! :love: Your'e right- I hadn't seen this Thread yet! I'm so happy it's here! :love:

Of course this topic is way worthy of a Thread! I've been starting Bare Minerlas Threads everywhere & I thought I had started one here, too. Thank you, Hikari to Kurai, for starting one! Yay you!

I'll share with you what I use and how much I love it. I love friendly tips, and hopefully mine will help!

The Bare Minerals Stuff I Use & Swear By!

The Complexion Perfection Kit
                        *Shades Light & Fairly Light~ The brushes are absolutely fabulous I love to use the included md formulations as a cleanser for my brushes!), Mineral Veil is simply amazing, and I just love my jar of Warmth! Warmth is my very favorite. Golly, everything is!

All-Over Color
                        *Glee~ My favorite color. The color of joy, as Bare Minerals states. And it truly is.
                        *Warmth~Again, this comes with the kit! A little daunting at first, since the shade appears rather dark in appearance. However, once applied, you'll see you can't live without it!

Blushes
                        *Thistle~ a sheer, radiant mocha that shimmers. It looks really healthy when applied to the apples of your cheeks!
                        *Beauty~ a velvety, sweet pinky-rose. It looked so innocent in the jar I had to try it!

Eyeliner
                        *Hottie~ A sparkling topaz. I gild my eyes with this shade.
                        *Sugar Plum~ A glistening plum. I was a little nervous to try purple! My eyes are brown and I have always been curious to experiment with color (I usually wear just mascara). However, it's so sheer, and it's more of a chocolaty-plum, so it looks very natural applied! Whew!
                        *Coffee Bean~ A matte, rich brown, just like the name promises!

Glimmers
                        You can use these anywhere you want! Eyes, lips, cheeks!
                        *Sex Kitten~ A sparkling Merlot. Confession: I like this shade for the lips. Purr!
                        *Queen Tiffany~ A glistening platinum. I love this as a liner!
                        *Bikini~ A retro, shimmering pink. Just a little dab and your'e set!

Multi Tasking Minerals
                        *Summer Bisque~ It conceals and highlights!
                        *Clear Radiance~ My cannot-live-without everyday necessity! It appears as a pale pink shimmer in the jar, but once applied to your face it gives you just a clear, vibrant glow. I dust Radiance on my cheeks, nose, eyelids and occasionally will dip my finger into the jar and apply it on the center of my lips with just a little bit of Kiehl's Lipbalm #1, or Smith's Rosebud Salve!

i.d Bare Minerals Buzz Latte Lipbalm
                        *Not only does it contain actual caffeine, it tastes just like coffee. Perfect for Stinkerbell!

I am so hopelessly hooked on the whole, entire line. Thank you, my Stepmom, for being my inspiration! The colors are just so lovely, natural and sheer. It truly is dream skin in a jar.

I have to restrain myself everytime I'm near a Bare Mineral counter (I purchase mine from Beauty Collection Apothecary.) I'm rarely, if ever successful!
                        Last edited by Bambi; 02-25-2005, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I did it! I ordered my starter kit last night! I got the medium, when I had that last kit in my hot little hands last weekend I had the girl at Sephora test the colors on my skin, Thank God I did! Since I didn't get the kit there but ordered it online I knew what colors to get! LOL

SOoooo as soon as my kit gets here I will let ya'll know what I think, I'm sure I"m going to love it, as I loved just after testing it last weekend.

Ohhh and I got 3 great samples too Pink SUgar*again*, Comptoir Sud Pacifique a scent I haven't tried by them it's vanilla sugar candyish it said and Benefit's Eye Con and for my deluxe sample I got Stila Lip Glaze in Watermelon YAY!!

I had to make sure and try the kit out asap since my anniversary is next month, mother's day in May and my bday in June, gotta be prepared right?

I'm already training my oldest son exactly which CSP scent I want WITH my Pink Sugar for Mother's Day
                          Last edited by dsnylndmom; 02-27-2005, 06:44 PM. Reason: 'Cause I ordered a starter kiT not starter kiD, duh

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ohhhhh and Ally I'm dying to try that lip balm!!! That is soooo defintely Stinkerbell!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Now if I could just find some place with hook-ups, I could get my coffee intravaneously, while I lick caffeine and coffee flavoring off my lips. Ingenious!! :devil:

Dirty Martini, I am also very very olive tone and I believe I have the medium kit....I'm fairly pale right now (no tanning this winter), and the medium kit is allllllmost too dark, but with one time in a tanning booth, it'll be just right. That's what I love about this stuff.....I used to feel better about the look of my skin if I was a little more tan. I don't feel that way anymore. My skin tone is evened out by the powder foundation....you can use the minerals to spot treat problem areas with the small brush in the set, then use the kabuki brush to even out your face. I think it's really great for my skin tone....although the "warmth" is too goldish for my tone, even a tiny amount gives me that weird gold sheen that people with olive tone can get from the more gold-toned products. I'll probably try the "glee" when I get a chance to order again.

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Wench
                                  Wow, what a great thread. My mom and I have wanted to try this stuff for a year. I am glad I can get it at Sephora, I don't like paying shipping for stuff!
                                  Don't forget if you do order from Sephora and spend $75 you get free shipping and those fun little samples!!

*they always get me with that, "hmmmmm $5 and shipping is free, let's see oh that's cute, hey it's only $20 and then I get free shipping"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Stinkerbell.

My skin tone is just weird. I wear sunscreen all year long because it only takes 2 minutes of sunlight and I get 1 shade darker. But then I have these really pale areas around my cheeks. I can't describe it. (*Looking for a snapshot of my mug to post*).

Anyway, most gold-tone stuff makes me look waaaay tan and, well GOLD! *gag* So it's just really, really hard for me to find a happy medium, so to speak.

Even back when Prescriptives was the thing, I could never find a foundation to match my fluctuating skin tone. And all this stuff is sooo expensive there is no way I can afford to have 3 or 4 bottles of the stuff in different shades.

I will probably hit Sephora this Sunday and test it out.

Comment

I have been using Bare Minerals for about a year and a half.

If you do have a Bare Escentuals store near you, shopping there is great. The staff are EXPERTS on this stuff, and can really help you learn how to use and blend the minerals.

And, a nice plus. If you buy from there, you can recieve a frequent buyers card. They mark it everytime you buy $10 worth of products, after 10 markings, you get $10 off your next purchase. And hey, $10 bucks is $10 bucks.
                                        WDW-July 2010
                                        **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
                                        Disneyland Paris-2002
                                        WDW-1999, 2000
                                        DisneyCruise-2000

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X