Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Hair Trouble!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura678
    started a topic Hair Trouble!

Hair Trouble!

Hi Girls!

I am wondering has anyone had the same problem as I have now.

I have lovely longish hair, people always comment on how healthy and shiney it looks. I've been asked a few times what hair colour I use, but I don't dye my hair and i never have...

Lately my hair hasnt been washing right. I shampoo and condition as normal but while in the shower it feels like I have a build-up on the crown of my head. After I do my final rinse my hair doesn't feel smooth and soft like it usually does. When I am drying my hair it is as if I have put a product into it before hand.

I have taken care to rinse my hair completely in the shower but I am finding that my hair just wont clean! When I dry it it looks greasy straight away.

Has anybody ever had this probelm?

Also has anybody ever used vinegar in their hair? I am contemplting trying this!

• aimster
    replied
    Re: Hair Trouble!

I use 2 different shampoos. Sunday-Thursday I use volumizing shampoo/conditioner because I have baby-fine hair so it could use some volume. On Fridays I use a deep moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. Both types are by Colorese, which I get at Sally Beauty. Since I dye hair, I use that as it's sulfate-free and made especially for color-treated hair, plus it provides UV protection and helps keep my color fresh so it doesn't fade or get dull.

Leave a comment:

• Laura678
    replied

Thanks for all your help..... I know have 3 different shampoo's in the shower, and i keep the bread soda nearby too!

Leave a comment:

• SnorkletsMom
    replied

I keep 2 or 3 bottles of different shampoo in the shower and alternate them. One's a tea tree deep cleansing type, one a plain herbal shampoo and one a light conditioning type. I use the tea tree the most, but I need to follow with a conditioner on the ends or they're too dry. The tea tree doesn't cause a build up and feels refreshing. Most build-up problems are caused by using the same product over and over. Just alternating or keeping a different one to use every week or so should help a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Alice's Dinah
    replied

Originally posted by elly View Post
    i've found that switching brand of shampoo/conditioner after each bottle works well for reducing any buildup i was having in the past

so when one bottle starts to run low i juts buy a diff brand
    Yeah I have found that to be the best solution too! I was using a soy milk one for about two months and then all of the sudden my hair, I too have very dark brown hair, would be greasy a few hours after I washed my hair so I went back to my original shampoo and that seems to do the trick!

Leave a comment:

• Laura678
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    Sephora has a selection of dry shampoos you might want to check out.

Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance
    Unfirtunately the closest Sephora to me is in Paris!

Originally posted by elly View Post
    i've found that switching brand of shampoo/conditioner after each bottle works well for reducing any buildup i was having in the past

Yep i think i will do this for a while too... Doing the shopping today so will pick of something different!

Thanks all..!

Leave a comment:

• elly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Sephora has a selection of dry shampoos you might want to check out.

Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance

Leave a comment:

• Laura678
    replied

Yep I wash my hair every day as I have dark brown hair and grease show up easily...I read online about using vinegar too. I boiled vinegar with water and some rosemary and tried that too.. To be honest I didnt notice any difference.... Thanks though...

However the bread soda seems to have done the trick! I'll never forget that little trick! I also have switched shampoo so will stick with this one fo a while...

Leave a comment:

• IzzyInWonderland
    replied

I was actually going to suggest the vinegar or apple cider vinegar (which smells like feet, but is amazing). Do you wash your hair every day? This could be the problem. Also if you use the same shampoo for too long, it starts to create buildup.

1. Basic Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
    2. Step 1
      Make the rinse by mixing 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar with one quart of distilled water. Put the mixture in a glass jar or plastic bottle and bring it into the shower or bath.
    3. Step 2
      Shampoo hair and rinse well. Apply the apple cider vinegar rinse to your hair. Leave in for a few seconds. Rinse using cold water to seal the hair shaft and create more shine. Since vinegar is acidic, using the rinse daily is not advised. Try it once a week, at most. Pay attention to how your hair responds and adjust usage accordingly. Also, you don't need to condition hair after the rinse.
    4. Step 3
      If you notice a vinegar scent after you're done rinsing, don't fret. The smell will disappear after you towel dry your hair.

I got this from Ehow.com. Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

It probably also depends on the thickness/fineness of your hair.

Leave a comment:

• 1Disneylandfan
    replied

Originally posted by Laura678 View Post
    I tried just the baking soda earlier on and it helped a bit. In the morning I will wash again with baking soda and shampoo. It helped a little bit earlier on. Perhaps a second day will do the trick!

That or use more baking soda........maybe it depends on the amount of build up you may have??? Glad it's worked so far.

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

oh well for shampoo i was think herbal essence drama clean. i haven't tried it though but i enjoy most of their hair products (except color me happy, it leaves my hair frizzy and all over the place)

Leave a comment:

• Laura678
    replied

Originally posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Wash your hair with baking soda and your normal shampoo and it should take off the build up. My best friend is a cosmetologist and we were just talking about product build up in hair the other day and she suggested that to me, I just haven't done it yet.

I tried just the baking soda earlier on and it helped a bit. In the morning I will wash again with baking soda and shampoo. It helped a little bit earlier on. Perhaps a second day will do the trick!

Leave a comment:

• 1Disneylandfan
    replied

Wash your hair with baking soda and your normal shampoo and it should take off the build up. My best friend is a cosmetologist and we were just talking about product build up in hair the other day and she suggested that to me, I just haven't done it yet.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X