This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Trim?

So, like a lot of women across this nation, I made the resolution this year to lose some weight and get into shape in time for summer. I have been under a lot of stress being a college freshman and I haven't had the time or means of getting around to exercising and my stress has caused a lot of binge eating.

Have any of you tried Quick Trim? I'm specifically looking at the Quick Trim Fast Cleanse. Can anyone give me some feedback on this product? Thank you ladies!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Re: Quick Trim?

Never tried it, but to be honest, any of those dietary supplements and cleanse things make me wary. Any "quick fix" seems too good to be true to me. If you're looking to lose weight fast, I suggest cardio! I did a cardio boot camp for 6 weeks and dropped 13 pounds and several inches off of my waist and hips.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
      Never tried it, but to be honest, any of those dietary supplements and cleanse things make me wary. Any "quick fix" seems too good to be true to me. If you're looking to lose weight fast, I suggest cardio! I did a cardio boot camp for 6 weeks and dropped 13 pounds and several inches off of my waist and hips.
      Yeah, I'm also very wary of quick weight loss drinks or pills. I have a hard time doing exercises on my own because I don't have a gym membership, nor can I afford one, I am busy with school and school work every week, and I get tired of trying to create my own routines that don't interest me or keep me motivated.

Comment

Jill, the boot camp I did was reasonably priced - about $200 for 6 weeks, 5 days a week. And it was from 5:30 to 6:30 am daily, we had lots of working women in the class. The instructor was knowledgeable and friendly and supportive. I took 2 additional sessions after the first because I liked it so much - we never did the same workout regimen twice. The class really helped me to know what excercises work well for me and challenge me to do better - and my body is starting to look better and better!

eta: I found my class through the city, not a gym. Couldn't hurt to look, if you're serious about weight loss, one of these courses is an incredible way to jump start your new healthy lifestyle.
        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you sunnygirl. I'm saving up for my May DL trip can that's completely wiping me out financially. I will look into something like that when I have the means and the time. Thanks.

Comment

I know you don't have a lot of money(who DOES nowadays?) but I did Weight Watchers and it really works. It works precisely because it isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle change, you know? In one year I lost 95 lbs (from last March). I had a ton to lose, but WW made it really easy.

LOL, I know I sound like I'm selling them, but seriously! It does work and I see college girls in there all the time. The meetings are between 9-12$ once a week depending on if you pay in advance or not. Registration if free right now I think. Maybe a parent could sponsor your meeting payment? Anyway, WW rocks. The website is www.weightwatcher.com.

Please, please, PLEASE don't use those supplements or whatever. It sounds scary, it's only a fast fix and in the end you're gunna gain the weight back anyway.

If you can't officially do weight watchers, maybe you could go online and research how to do the program on your own without attending. I know that WW frowns on that obviously but I bet you could Google the rules and how they approach weight loss and do the same thing on your own. Basically, you are given "points" each day and each food has a point value. So, as long as you stay within your points each day, you lose weight. About 1-2lbs per week but even more if you exercise and the younger you are the faster your metabolism. Anyway, even if you did it for a month, you could lose 8 lbs or more!

Good luck, but be safe!(The mom in me talking, lol).

Comment

I agree with SaraNoH. WW is wonderful. I go to meeting when I'm feeling like I'm falling off the wagon. Other wise I use the online tool. Keeping track of what you eat will help a bunch. You dont realize what you eat in a day until you keep track. If you go to a WW meeting you can buy a set of books that will help you with the points. You might even go online to Ebay and see if someone is selling their books.

The supplements aren't good for you. I used them when I was in my 20's (a long time ago) and they gave me some other medical conditions that I'm now dealing with.

Good luck!

Comment

I agree with the weight watchers plan. Lots of my friends have done it and are able to maintain their weight loss. I wouldn't take any weight loss pills or cleanses, because I don't really think that they are good for you. I personally do the special k diet. I have special k cereal for breakfast, and waffles (eggos) with cool whip and berries for lunch and a normal supper, with fruit and veggies for snacks whenever and a 100 calorie snack, and I lost 20 lbs doing it, and i have kept it off. There is no secret to weight loss, you just need to find what works for you! But I definitely don't think it needs to be costly to lose weight. Buy a work out dvd instead of a gym membership... works for me! Good Luck!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X