This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White dress for prom?

So I found this dress today(), and I absolutely LOVE it. It looks great on me, very flattering, and it's comfortable. I wanted a very princess-y dress and this one definitely is. The only downside is that it's white. So what do you think? Is white taboo?

Re: White dress for prom?

not at all! i wore a floor length white dress to my formal, and tons of girls at my high school wore white to prom last year, so if you love it, then get it!
    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Well my school is 86% hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
          not at all! i wore a floor length white dress to my formal, and tons of girls at my high school wore white to prom last year, so if you love it, then get it!
          I'm in agreement. Some girls at my prom wore white too as well and they looked great. If you like the dress, then don't let anything stop you.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Originally posted by lobeobann View Post
            I wanted a very princess-y dress and this one definitely is. The only downside is that it's white. So what do you think? Is white taboo?

I doubt that it's taboo to wear a white prom dress. Even if it is, who cares? The dress is gorgeous , it looks great on you , you love it and you're going to look like a princess wearing it. I say go for it!

Tip...just be sure to wear beige undergarments.

PS I wore a white dress to my senior prom ...it was lycra and it had a hot pink skinny stripe down it. My daughters and all of their friends loved playing dress up in it when they were little.

Comment

Wear what you like...who cares what other people think?

I always wanted a red prom dress. My mother wouldn't let me have one...I ended up in Navy Blue. ICK.

So, wear whatever YOU love....that way, when you look back...it won't be with cringing

Comment

I say go for it. The dress is beautiful and you look great in it. You can always add color with a shawl and shoes and purse. Or just wear white with silver tiara as shown. Every girl should feel like a princess at their prom. 20 yrs from now you will remember what you wore and it will bring a smile to your face.

Comment

If you like it, wear it. It is a beautiful dress!
                  Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I wore a white dress to prom. It had white bows on it, which I took off and replaced with blue, to give it some color. Looks like this one has flower details which you could maybe do something with.

Enjoy your prom!
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I agree with lou_mom, wear a wrap in your favorite color. Maybe some earings, necklace or bracelet in a color. By the way the dress is very pretty.

Comment

that's a really cute dress

Comment

It doesn't look too weddingy. I think you'll be fine.
                          sigpic
                          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Girls wore white to my prom (which was almost 20 years ago). I see nothing wrong with it.

Comment

I have 5 girls on my staff who are seniors in high school and I asked them what they think. They all said go for it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X