Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Toys and reviews

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Christmas Toys and reviews

    Every year there are must have toys for Christmas. They seem to be hit and miss. I am a fan of opening them and testing them before I give them to my son and taking them back if they are junk. Amazon reviews are good but not always informative. So my current question would be....Last year did any of you buy a Robosapien? Did your child like it. Cost is now 79.00 here and I am considering it as it is the top item on his list. Anyone have one if so can you tell me if it was played with or was it a shelf sitter? Thanks.

  • #2
    Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

    Bailey got one last year...I think it's in a box some where....of course this could be because we just moved and I've yet to unpack everything!

    But he played with it...for about two weeks. Then it took up residence on the top of his entertainment center. I think he gets it out occasionally...like with the time change or something....

    it wasn't worth the $79 I paid for it last year!
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

      ohhhhh good thread!!! I am right now not really worried, my boys will do nothing but cars ! oh and spiderman figures. rev ups, you know boy toys.
      Now Rachal, all she wanted was a digital camera, a cell phone , and scrap booking stuff. I made sure the camera worked before I re packaged it .

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

        Last year's big hit with the Bug was his Learning Table by LeapFrog. We're going to get him a baby LeapPad this year. He LOVES his Learning Table as well as the Fisher Price door-house thing..it's like..a house front with a door and a window that goes up and down and a flower and it makes all sorts of noise. Bugs loves it.

        He was also given a talking Eeyore that sings and flaps his ears up and down which scares the poop out of him. Poor guy.

        Another big hit for his birthday this year was his Weebles Barn Dance, as well as his Fisher Price play power tools..he got the hammer and the buzz saw. Drives us nuts,but he loves them.

        I swear if anyone gives us the YMCA Elmo doll, I'm going to beat them with it. Elmo is friggin Satanic I swear. ) :lmao:

        TOV


        Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

          I just got my Disney Catalog in the mail and I think this will be a MUST buy for Xmas!! My son is crazy about Buzz and cars, this is the best of both worlds! DH thinks that it is overpriced at $100, but it's not like you can buy it anywhere else for cheaper!
          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

            Originally posted by baileykat
            Bailey got one last year...I think it's in a box some where....of course this could be because we just moved and I've yet to unpack everything!

            But he played with it...for about two weeks. Then it took up residence on the top of his entertainment center. I think he gets it out occasionally...like with the time change or something....

            it wasn't worth the $79 I paid for it last year!
            How old is Bailey? I find a lot of toys like that. His star wars action figures he likes to set up but doesn't "Play" with them. Does it fall over? I think he wants it because it farts. (or so he says).

            He also asked for an I-Dog for his MP3.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

              Originally posted by TinkPink
              I just got my Disney Catalog in the mail and I think this will be a MUST buy for Xmas!! My son is crazy about Buzz and cars, this is the best of both worlds! DH thinks that it is overpriced at $100, but it's not like you can buy it anywhere else for cheaper!
              All of the new hotwheel sets that come out are quite expensive. Maybe this set will hold together better. DS still has all his cars but the tracks were never played with a ton. Every year the newest Hotwheel track was on the list. It was a pain to put together and not played with a lot after the novelty wore off but worth the smile Christmas morning.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                ohhhhh good thread!!! I am right now not really worried, my boys will do nothing but cars ! oh and spiderman figures. rev ups, you know boy toys.
                Now Rachal, all she wanted was a digital camera, a cell phone , and scrap booking stuff. I made sure the camera worked before I re packaged it .
                Karla, do the Rev ups go up the wall or what? Do they sell a track or do they just go anywhere?

                Something cool we got last year was "Scene it Jr". They have a lot of editions out including Disney. It was fun for all of us. A nice change from the traditional board games. The kids stood just as good a chance at winning as the adults. DVD and a board.
                Last edited by Disney4Me; 11-02-2005, 09:09 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                  :bow: D4Me for starting this thread :bow:

                  I was thinking of getting one of these for my daughter (Tinkerbelle - of course) I saw the ENTIRE collection at Target last night but want to read up on it before I buy it. Anyone have any info on this?




                  I did read up on it on Disney consumer reports but it isn't enough info for me

                  Anyone? Anyone? :lol: My daughter is 7 years old. I think this would be more durable than an actual MP3/iPod at her age- right?

                  H E L P :lol:
                  ~~~:ap:~~~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                    Originally posted by Disney4Me
                    How old is Bailey? I find a lot of toys like that. His star wars action figures he likes to set up but doesn't "Play" with them. Does it fall over? I think he wants it because it farts. (or so he says).

                    He also asked for an I-Dog for his MP3.
                    Bailey will be 11 in February...and yes...it farts! It has a big remote control with lots of buttons...and it's actually kinda cute...you can make it dance and it plays it's own little robot music...it can walk and go faster...and it fell over a little but not as much as you would think.

                    He still plays with it...but very seldom. It was more of a 30 minute toy for Bailey...play with it for about 30 minutes..then move on.
                    Us girls, we're so magical.
                    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
                    Hard to resist, so touchable.
                    Too good to deny it.
                    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                      Originally posted by DMof2
                      :bow: D4Me for starting this thread :bow:

                      I was thinking of getting one of these for my daughter (Tinkerbelle - of course) I saw the ENTIRE collection at Target last night but want to read up on it before I buy it. Anyone have any info on this?




                      I did read up on it on Disney consumer reports but it isn't enough info for me

                      Anyone? Anyone? :lol: My daughter is 7 years old. I think this would be more durable than an actual MP3/iPod at her age- right?

                      H E L P :lol:
                      I'm thinking of that for Kat as well...but I might just cave and get her an Ipod Mini instead. She's very good with her CD player...but not good with her CD's ...I find them minus cases all the time! So I think with an MP3 type thing...we'll save CD's!
                      Us girls, we're so magical.
                      Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
                      Hard to resist, so touchable.
                      Too good to deny it.
                      Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                        Originally posted by DMof2
                        :bow: D4Me for starting this thread :bow:

                        I was thinking of getting one of these for my daughter (Tinkerbelle - of course) I saw the ENTIRE collection at Target last night but want to read up on it before I buy it. Anyone have any info on this?




                        I did read up on it on Disney consumer reports but it isn't enough info for me

                        Anyone? Anyone? :lol: My daughter is 7 years old. I think this would be more durable than an actual MP3/iPod at her age- right?

                        H E L P :lol:
                        A lot of the MP3's are pretty durable. They make sport models (Rio for sure) that comes with a arm strap and have rubber cases in case they drop. DS is pretty rough on his. 8 Yr old boy.

                        I can't tell by the picture but it looks like it has rubber on it. If it functions the same as an MP3 (says in the description it does) and she likes the Disney theme then it is probably a good choice for her. I am curious about the stand and the speaker quality. I wonder if the speaker takes batteries? The good thing about it being available to you at Target is you can take it out, test it and take it back if you don't like it. It looks decent. Can I have a silver one? :lol:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                          Originally posted by baileykat
                          Bailey will be 11 in February...and yes...it farts! It has a big remote control with lots of buttons...and it's actually kinda cute...you can make it dance and it plays it's own little robot music...it can walk and go faster...and it fell over a little but not as much as you would think.

                          He still plays with it...but very seldom. It was more of a 30 minute toy for Bailey...play with it for about 30 minutes..then move on.
                          Thanks Bailey.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                            Yea, I think I am going to get it

                            I am going to get the tinkerbelle since that was the one that made her eyes pop out. I like the silver one too- I want one!!! :lol: I am going to get the jam stand as well.... you bet your bippy I'll be testing it first

                            I think I am going to go get it tonight while DD is at dance class. I'm sure this is something that will not be found as we get closer to the BIG day.... I am also sure there won't be any major discounts on it so get it NOW!!!!

                            I'll post all about it after I test it all out Only thing, if I remember correctly, it comes in plastic packaging that looks like you can't re-package Must look into it more!!!

                            Now.... next question---

                            iPods

                            who can give me a breakdown of all the different types out there and what is best for an 11.5 year old? My Sis in Law has one but complains about it all the time, doesn't seem easy enough for an 11 yr old ....
                            ~~~:ap:~~~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Christmas Toys and reviews

                              TinkPink, wait for awhile on the Buzz toy I"m sure it will go on sale and you KNOW that there will be shipping discounts and stuff pretty soon. Keep checking mousesavers!!! Did you see the Stitch motorcycle??? Shawn would LOVE that thing, but I think he's too big

                              Kyler likes those Disney MP3 players too, I plan on getting him one for Christmas, he's 11. He saw them at Target and really dug them. I'm not interested in an Ipod for him, that's just way more than I want to spend. Especially, since his Bionicle set he wants is like $80



                              Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X