• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheOtherVillainess
    Go PDF! www.txrd.com
    • Feb 2005

Where do I pick up my award?

*hangs head in shame*
    I sort of forgot that Bugs decided to float a bottle of shampoo in the tub the other night. When he did that,water got inside the bottle and watered down the dandruff shampoo. When I went to go wash his hair with it tonight, shampoo the consistency of runny paint ran all over his hair,down his back and into his face and eyes. *dies quietly without honor*

I did what I could to get it out and comfort him but he still cried until he gave himself hiccups. Great. I tried to get him to drink a bottle of milk (which I was sure would help),but he refused to drink it. So I just sat on the couch holding him and rubbing his back until he calmed down enough to drink his milk and get sleepy. I put him down and he looked at me with these bloodshot eyes like those of a hardcore alkie and I felt SOOOO bad.

So where do I go to pick up my Worst Parent of the Day award?

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.
  • Disney4Me
    Lights on Nobody Home
    • Sep 2005

Re: Where do I pick up my award?

Originally posted by TheOtherVillainess
    *hangs head in shame*
    I sort of forgot that Bugs decided to float a bottle of shampoo in the tub the other night. When he did that,water got inside the bottle and watered down the dandruff shampoo. When I went to go wash his hair with it tonight, shampoo the consistency of runny paint ran all over his hair,down his back and into his face and eyes. *dies quietly without honor*

I did what I could to get it out and comfort him but he still cried until he gave himself hiccups. Great. I tried to get him to drink a bottle of milk (which I was sure would help),but he refused to drink it. So I just sat on the couch holding him and rubbing his back until he calmed down enough to drink his milk and get sleepy. I put him down and he looked at me with these bloodshot eyes like those of a hardcore alkie and I felt SOOOO bad.

No award for you! Feeling bad is punishment enough. Hope the rest of the night is better.

Comment

• iluvstitch
      meganmegaphone
      • Oct 2005

Awwwwee! it's ok though... My mommy did that a bunch to me... and I'm still ok... I think

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
      My MySpace... or...My Facebook
      Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Comment

• Churro
        MiceChatter
        • Jun 2005

Aww, it will be ok soon...and he won't even remember. Once I accidentally clipped my daughters thumbnail down too far and made it bleed, when she was very tiny. So if you get an award so do I.

Comment

• TinkPink
          I used to live here.
          • Feb 2005

Oh please! Just wait! That will be the first of many things you do to accidently harm, maim, or otherwise scar your child! (I stress the accidently part!!) Accidently knocking his head with the car door when you open it, shutting his fingers in a door, forgetting to let his soup cool completely, etc. Don't be so hard on yourself- we have all been there, done that. You did exactly what you should have, comforted him and let him know that accidents happen and you would never hurt him on purpose. That is was parenting is all about! :hugs:
          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• TheOtherVillainess
            Go PDF! www.txrd.com
            • Feb 2005

Churro, I've done that too. When he was about 2 mos old, I was clipping his fingernails and he managed to wiggle just right so that I cut his thumb too.

I also once thought he swallowed a bandaid and called his pedi in tears, only to find the errant bandaid in the dryer lint-catcher later.

I had to keep reminding myself I was not as bad as my own mother who once accidentally managed to sever the end of my sister's pinky (it was later re-attached).O.O

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

Comment

• dsnylndmom
              loves a silver lining
              • Jan 2005

:squeeze: for the both of you. No award for you, that's just a mommy hazard experience :squeeze:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• TheOtherVillainess
                Go PDF! www.txrd.com
                • Feb 2005

Awww..thank you.

Comment

• Demigod
                  Gumball Rally Volunteer!
                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                  • Jan 2005

If that's the only thing that happens, you will be lucky.

The accidents increase exponentially when you add more kids to the equation.

I have FOUR. Murphy lives with me.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hyperbole
                    I'm your huckleberry.
                    • May 2005

TinkPink is right, motherhood is full of "unfortunate events" like this. Heck, I've even knocked out one of my daughter's teeth.... at her birthday party.... in front of all her friends!!! (Brief explaination, we were playing that game where you balance an egg on a spoon in your mouth and try to race other players. I was putting the spoon in Bailey's mouth, accidentally hit one of her teeth that was ALREADY loose, and out it came. She reminds me of this event on a regular basis.)

The bottom line is, if your baby is little enough to take a bottle, he's too little to remember this event.

For you to be so worried over shampoo, I think you should have a "Good Parent Award" rather than the opposite.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

• Demigod
                      Gumball Rally Volunteer!
                      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                      For you to be so worried over shampoo, I think you should have a "Good Parent Award" rather than the opposite.
                      Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hakuna Makarla
                        Banned User
                        • Aug 2005

awwwwwwwwwwwww I feel bad, for both of you.its ok mommy, you did not mean it and they know it. Love, thats all you need to give Feel better hon HUGS to you

Comment

• All Aglow
                          <3
                          • Jun 2005

Oh don't feel so bad, I'm sure he's forgotten all about it by now. They do have a way of making us feel most horrible, don't they? Trust that we have all done something like this to our kiddo's at one point or another. And it always seems to happen in slow motion. :squeeze: for you.

Comment

• shortiemetoo
                            Minion
                            • Jan 2005

Sometimes it is SO hard to be a parent!!! Just when we think we have it all together...we find out our parents were not so bad after all....
                            Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!! :ap:

Comment

• TheOtherVillainess
                              Go PDF! www.txrd.com
                              • Feb 2005

Aww..thanks you guys.

You all rock and deserve hot fudge sundaes with mickey-shaped sprinkles!

TOV

Comment

• disneydancr
                                Resident Swing Addict
                                • Nov 2005

Aw, don't worry. If that's what happens to all moms, I'm scared. When I become a mom, I'm so scared that I'll drop them or leave them in the car or something. I'm so absentminded, I'd probably forget to even shampoo their hair to have the chance of getting some in their eyes. I admire all of you moms who are good enough to keep their children healthy, safe, and happy. You guys really are the all-purpose Superwomen! :imtheone:

Comment

• shadow
                                  ...lurks...
                                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TheOtherVillainess
                                  YOU CAN'T HAVE IT, IT'S MINE, ALL MINE!! (and only because I don't want you to feel bad over it, we've all done something by accident that we've felt horrible over..)

I am the new judge on this... :judge:

Here is what you get: :ghug:

So feel better, and smile- cause we all love ya! :love:
                                  sigpic

Comment

• pixywingz
                                    horsin' around!
                                    • Oct 2005

awww sweetie..i'm right up there on the podium....left a mixture of oxyclean in a TEACUP ( yeah...took brains for that one)...on the counter...daughter came in from playing...went for a drink...grabbed it & ran in to me frothing at he mouth! i freaked!
                                    put it this way...poision control knew me by name her first few years!
                                    just curious though...why were you using dandruff shampoo? how old is your little one?

Comment

• TheOtherVillainess
                                      Go PDF! www.txrd.com
                                      • Feb 2005

He's going to be 2 in April. His pedi suggested that for his horribly bad cradle cap,we use dandruff shampoo with some chemical in it I can't even begin to pronounce 2-3X per week. And it really does make a difference. His cradle cap is almost non existant when we use the shampoo.

TOV

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X