This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Jr Miss Sunnygirl!

So last night was the first game of the AYSO local playoffs, and I have to tell you, Paige's team rocked it. They won 2 - 0. Paige didn't let one ball into the goal past her, at her own risk. She took a cleat to the face (and has the bruises to prove it) to stop one ball. For a minute there I was pretty scared, she was just laying on the ground in the goal, and I was having all kinds of nightmarish injuries parading through my worried mind, but after a few minutes, she got up, and continued the game.

Way to go Paige!

Next game is Friday night.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Re: Congrats Jr Miss Sunnygirl!

WooHoo for the Jr Miss!!
    CONGRATULATIONS PAIGE!!!!!!!

Good Luck on Friday!

<injuries during sports, gah, its like the world and your heart stops! glad she was ok>

Comment

I raised 2 boys. They never played soccer. They were into Little League and bowling. A little hockey in the street. They had plenty of injuries. Busted nose. Broken collarbone. I think it is so great when parents take their kids to their sporting events and actually watch. Too many parents can't stay and just drop their kids off.

So congratulations on the win. Playing goal has got to be tough. You have to be alert at all times. I played sports, but I was a bit of a sissy. I surely wouldn't have been a goaltender. I would have rather been running and kicking the ball.

We played lots of Kick baseball back in the 50's, when I was a kid.

Again congratulations and good luck to Jr Miss Sunnygirl.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Good job Paige. She's more man then I'll ever be!

But what about swimming or ballet? Fewer broken bones. If I was a parent, I would be too worried to even watch my child in a soccer or Football game. Too many cleats to the face and she won't be able to win the "Little Ms. Potato" Festival title!

-Dusty
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

YAY!!!! :yea:

Congratulations Paige!!! Great Job!!
          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
            Good job Paige. She's more man then I'll ever be!

But what about swimming or ballet? Fewer broken bones. If I was a parent, I would be too worried to even watch my child in a soccer or Football game. Too many cleats to the face and she won't be able to win the "Little Ms. Potato" Festival title!

-Dusty
            You've got to let the kids be kids. Let them play the sports that they want to play. I wish they had organized sports for girls, when I was a kid. In the 50's when I grew up, girls did not have any organized sports in Chicago. There was gym class. There was softball after school. If you didn't have money, you didn't have much of anything else. Little girls are tough. They can compete. It's knowing your own kid and his or her limitations.

On another note. Last week's episode of Gilmore girls was very funny, where Luke sponsors the girl's soccer team. Luke is amazed at just how tough all those sweet little girls are.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Knock em dead Paige! And if some girl gets in your face KICK HER!!!

Comment

Alright Paige!!! Go Paige Go Paige

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Way to go Paige! I see a future Soccer Star in the making!

I think Wolfette will stick to dancing, she's just has no athletic talent.
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Yay, Jr Miss and team!! Way to go! I bet it was too scary seeing her just laying there. Our goalie used to do that every game, every time the other team scored, so we got so used to it. It would have been sad if she'd actually gotten hurt one day because we never worried anymore, even her Mom was like, "Get up. It's okay." instead of asking if she was hurt.

But anyway... babbling again. Congrats to her team and best of luck to them on Friday!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Right on!!! Way to go Paige!!!!!! When you go pro, save a few tickets every now and then for Derek and I!!!!!
                      Katie :yea:
                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Great going Paige and team!! WooHoo!!
                        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Excellent job, keep up the intensity. The bruises/breaks/scabs are the fun part of it.

*picks at scab on knee*

Comment

PAIGE ROCKS!

Comment

Yay Paige....That's our Girl!!! Good Luck Friday! :thumbup:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X