Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

O' Christmas Tree...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O' Christmas Tree...

The Martha Stewart trees at Kmart are nice. Prelit are the fold down type also. She even sells a tree stand that will make any artificial tree spin slowly. If you wait until the last minute...some Kmarts will throw in the decorations on the display tree if it is the only one of that style left. So waiting does have perks. I think her trees start at 3ft and go up to 71/2 ft.

Comment

Well, opted for the Martha Stewart 6.5 foot tree (not prelit) I couldn't pass up the sale price today of only $40!!! I also picked up a few snowflake ornaments :yea:

Cannot wait to start decorating this week!

Thanks for all your input on trees everyone and yes Karla even your fiber optic tree :lmao:

I actually saw one and thought it was very pretty- hope that makes up for what I said :lol:
      ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

yay!! you got your tree!! I can not wait to see it together!! are you putting it up today? yes yes I got to see it!!!

Comment

Not to brag we have Three trees. We have a Douglas Fir artificial, and two other arti-trees. One is 7 ft. and one is 8 ft.and 4ft.tree as well. There si going to come a day where I can't colllect ornaments anymore. One tree is Disney, one tree -cat ornaments my wife has collected. Also a tree with ornaments my mother has given us(my brothers) every Christmas since we
          were born. Some ornaments still Work after 10-20 years. It is amazing.
          All I can say is artificial trees have come along way. They are getting more real then we know. All I can say is get one after the holidays at the local hardware store. It seems my wife and I have found the best deals on Xmas decorations at that time. I hope you can find a nice tree soon. I got the nice Douglas Fir tree after the holidays and it is huge, and has that realistic look to it on the branches.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2
            I must get to Black Friday sales and get a tree!!! I've bought all the lights for it. I like all white lights and the past two years I've added some blue lights to go with the snowflake theme.

This year Target had a set of lights that were half frosted white and the other half is blue. I grabbed about 5 boxes of them

Now all I need is the tree :lol:
            I have bought some of my extra trees day after Christmas. Oh, I have a
            snowflake/silver theme on one of my big trees, with blue, twinkling blue, and AQUA colored lights, it's beautiful.

One of the pool and patio places had about 25 fully packed decorated trees with a variety of colors and themes. It really gave me some neat ideas on what color lights look good together, of course they had the standard white lights, white with twinkling white, and multicolored lights, BUT the also had some really neat looking color combinations on large trees:

Red, Orange, and Yellow

Blue, Aqua, and Green

Red, Purple, and Orange

Yellow and Green

Purple, Blue, and Green

By just having two or three color lights on your tree
            you have created a designer tree! Each color combination
            really creates a different mood.

The other big tree I have is decorated in only Gold and Maroon
            ornaments with the standard white and twinkling white lights.
            Hmmmm, I may have to add some amber and/or yellow lights
            to it.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Such a shame no one appreciates the charm of an actual tree anymore. It's all "unfold, plug in, and if you can be bothered put in a few ornaments" now. I find plastic such a poor alternative for a tree that has engaged in actual photosynthesis. But that's just me.

Comment

I agree with you pussnboots, I do like the real ones myself. BUT, here in SoCal (dunno where you are so I'm gonna pretend you dont live around here - lol) it gets really dry which dries out live trees like nobodys business. Plus the fire hazard and all, to me, a homeowner, it's just not worth the risk.

As for pre lit trees - eh. Seems like a really lazy way out of putting the lights up yourself.

For me, part of the whole xmas tree decorating tradition is putting the lights up on the tree. And I am in the minority, I hate the mini bulbs so many use nowadays and instead use the ones I grew up with, the smaller versions of the ones you put on your house at xmastime. You know, the screw in bulbs, now THATS part of what makes xmas special to me, it harkins memories of xmastime in my childhood.

So, sometime within the week after Thanksgiving I'll assemble my 7' tall fake tree, adorn it with my "old fashioned" xmas lites, and decorate it with all of my ornaments, most of which have sentimental value more than anything, including one nasty old Santa that was a gift card that says "To Baby Matt from Santa" .

Happy tree trimming everyone!

Comment

Oh I absolutely love those old fashioned C7 bulbs. They belong on a gentile-owned house in December, not those prissy icicle ones, haha. When you draw a Christmas light, that's what you draw. Aren't you glad Disneyland still uses them in everything?

Comment

I would love a real tree, and have had them in the past, but also am so alergic to the real tree's that I sufer badly. my kids are alergic and its not worth the suffering. as for the pre lite, I have a fiberoptic and we had to as our cat used to pull all the lights off. He is now at moms as we are all alergic to cats to so we could go for a tree and add lights, but darn I think my fiberoptic 6 foot tree is awsome! Simple yeah, but in this day and age big deal. yeah we could all go real but then theres the killing of the tree, the mess, the drying out and needles all over everything. So whats the point? The point is some can and do love real tree's some like pre lit, some like to add lights and some of us like tacky and colorful. Yep thats what makes the world go round, we can all have what we want.

Comment

Well you shouldn't let anyone deprive you of your tree of choice of course. Especially when you're allergic to the alternative.

I was just expressing a little general annoyance. People want everything done for them these days, to the point of electrical knives and Christmas trees that kind of find their way to your house from Kmart, set themselves up and fold themselves neatly into a corner of your attic after New Year's. To me, like O-nut, a great deal of Christmas' charm lies in the work it brings along. I even love the fact that my lights never seem to work right away. Besides, nothing quite beats the payoff of seeing your masterpiece finished after you spent virtually three days cursing on a stepladder.

Comment

Ok Im the oddball here...we go and look for our tree the day after thanksgiving then tag it and come back and CUT IT DOWN! and its not a traditional fir tree we find the prettiest cedar tree we can i have a pic of the one from last year if anyone wants to see one decorated..the bf grew up with cedar trees.. and i grew up with firs and x mas tree lots.. the cedar trees smell soo pretty! and me and the bf were talking about missing the old c-7 lights too..he also misses the bubble lights he had as a kid..

Comment

I"m allergic to pine trees, too, so I sympathize with that. I get my fill with the pine smell pumped out of the fake tree in Town Square at Disneyland. It smells enough like Christmas!

I have a 3' little silver tinsel tree, with sparse branches that are good for hanging big, heavy ornaments on. I usually decorate it with miniature candy canes, and mini blue/green balls.

BUT I KIND OF NEED THIS:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...ProductID=9352
                          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
                            I have a 3' little silver tinsel tree, with sparse branches that are good for hanging big, heavy ornaments on. I usually decorate it with miniature candy canes, and mini blue/green balls.

BUT I KIND OF NEED THIS:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...ProductID=9352
                            thats cute, I really wish I had a tinsel tree, I have wanted one for 20 years but they are expensive. the kind of tree that has the wheel, I had one as a kid, I thought it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

Comment

The tree in Town Square is real, actually. But I suppose you don't get an allergic reaction from being exposed to it for about four seconds.

But that Charlie Brown tree is absolutely adorable, haha.

Comment

I"m allergic to pine trees too, so I sympathize with you on that one. I definitely miss that good ol' pine smell at Xmas time-- and the bronchitis, flu, and strep throat that came with it! But the tree in Town Square smells like the real thing, and I get to walk past that eight times a week, so that's enough for me.

And that little tree is the one from Charlie Brown Xmas!!

And my tinsel tree is only 3', so it's nothing too exciting. Just a good little tree for a 19 year old. The big tree is in momma's living room.
                                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots
                                  The tree in Town Square is real, actually. But I suppose you don't get an allergic reaction from being exposed to it for about four seconds.

But that Charlie Brown tree is absolutely adorable, haha.
                                  Er, well it must be fake at the bonttom, because I've walked right up to it and it sure ain't real. And there ain't no pine needles. At least this year, it is fake.
                                  May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

my mom the last year she was here had a giant 7 foot flocked tree with red bulbs and a color wheel...one of the prettiest things ive ever seen..and we didnt wait to take this thing home..mom had the tree lot guys lash it to the top of the car LOL

Comment

No, it's completely real, this year as well: http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-150.asp

It's just spray-painted and balmed and Lord knows what else.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots
                                        No, it's completely real, this year as well: http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-150.asp

It's just spray-painted and balmed and Lord knows what else.
                                        Ahh... it's weird, it feels fake... it feels like it's been coated in a layer of wax or soemthing.
                                        May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I am so grateful that I live in the Northwest and can have a real tree! We go and cut our own every year. It is so weird to me to think of having a fake tree!

Comment

Working...
                                          X